• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT8| Dad Bods, Bulge Swelfies, and Wait...Do you even lift bro?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bringing the lighting and abs

EILwuG4.jpg

bchamba

Missed a 495 lb deadlift about an inch away from lockout. Still feel good about it since yesterday I spent 5+ hours in a car driving to and back from Epcot to take my mom to food and wine and drank all the beers. Gonna rep that 5 plate lift after another 12 weeks of programming.

This is how close it was:

Mirin FE's abs

mdsfx

Missed a 495 lb deadlift about an inch away from lockout. Still feel good about it since yesterday I spent 5+ hours in a car driving to and back from Epcot to take my mom to food and wine and drank all the beers. Gonna rep that 5 plate lift after another 12 weeks of programming.

Mirin FE's abs

Damn. Congrats and sweet pic. I'm sure it'll happen in no time (you were close). Love the dude in the background with 60lbs at his feet lol

Szu

Thanks, guys.

FE, I say it again. You need entrance music and pyros now.

Bchamba, nice work. Almost didn't notice you in the pic. Something something blue pants Asian woman with dumbbell.

ILoveBish

I have a pair of the Reebok CrossFit Lifter Plus 2.0, love them.

Im at 1550 calories today. I'm contemplating eating another 400 calories of pecans cause pecans are like crack cocaine to me. Hmm, yes, i shall....

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Upped my calories to ~2250 for my max attempt tomorrow and it practically felt like a cheat day after 5 days of 1600. Damn!

And a huge happy birthday Szu!!!

BumRush

bringing the lighting and abs

Daaaaaamn son. You look great!!

Nice work man, super close. You're not going to try again for 12 weeks though?

sphinx

the piano man
nice pics FE and Bchamba looking great both

and late but Congrats to Szu and Mdsfx, for Cake and Medal respectively.

I went to take the medical check-up.... nothing in the urine but way too high bloodpressure, this is a check-up to apply for an insurance and the doctor said "I will have to lie here, otherwise you'll have a problem but please reschedule an appointment to take more tests and see if it was a one-time occurrence or we have to take care of it".... -_- ...

she asked "are you under stress?"....I smirked and thought "you've got no fucking idea".

No use going off-topic here but suffice it to say, I've never had so much uncertainity regarding my future than in the last 2 months and counting. I have 4 months til my german permit expires and it seems like things will work out for a renewal but it's still not very clear. I am right in the middle of the process and apparently it has taken its toll on me... I had never had high blood pressure in my life til now.

after sending today's documents, I will try to get into the mindset "I've done all I could, now fuck off everything and please let me be" but I've been saying that for the last 2 months and there's always some alarming thing that requires immediate action on my part otherwise I feel like I am commiting some terrible crime.

sometimes I wish I were one of those syrian refugees, I'd have food, shelter and health right there without further questions.

so Fitgaf, please do me a favor and learn from my mistakes: NEVER change residency to a different country because you fell in love with some asshole, not worth it in my opinion.

sorry for the rant... I am thinking out loud here. but I am done

bchamba

Nice work man, super close. You're not going to try again for 12 weeks though?

Yea probably. That would either let me go through 3 training blocks or 2 and then a peaking block. I know I have that lift in me so I'm not too anxious to give it another go so soon.

Chocobro

We need more meet ups. Who was in NY again? Was it you, Bum?
I'm a bit late to this but I'm in Queens. I think MrOogieBoogie is in NYC too, based on his old threads, but maybe I'm remembering incorrectly. There should be a few more.

You guys will be too strong compared to me though haha.

BumRush

Yea probably. That would either let me go through 3 training blocks or 2 and then a peaking block. I know I have that lift in me so I'm not too anxious to give it another go so soon.

Awesome. Can't wait to see you get 500. A MAJOR accomplishment at your size.

Sphinx... hang in there buddy. You're young and have a lot to be excited about. Easier said than done with the stress, but focus on the positives you have.

ILoveBish

Finally got some good sleep. 9 hours strait. Already back down to 219.8, felt very good about that. Feel kinda beat up, but still strong. We'll see how fun goes today.

Cooter

560 was a no go twice. Felt weak today. Of course it happens on max day! Oh well. Back to the drawing board. Success is how you respond to failures.

ILoveBish

Gym today was good, but it is now official, my belt is holding me back. I cannot get tight and push out my core at all, belt is too loose. It was bothering me yesterday during squats but killed me today during ohp.

On ohp today, got 5x135, 5x155, 3x175, had to rack it, rested 30 sec and did another 2x175. Ended with 8x135. My new belt should be here next week. It cannot arrive soon enough.

560 was a no go twice. Felt weak today. Of course it happens ony max day! Oh well. Back to the drawing board. Success is how you respond to failures.

You'll get it.

ILoveBish

I've been having this nagging feeling that I need to give lean gains protocol a try. Doing research on it now. If I can get myself to do this, I'll start on the first of next year. Will need to do a lot of research on it.

I suspect it's going to help me get to me goal much quicker. I dunno tho.

despire

I've been having this nagging feeling that I need to give lean gains protocol a try. Doing research on it now. If I can get myself to do this, I'll start on the first of next year. Will need to do a lot of research on it.

I suspect it's going to help me get to me goal much quicker. I dunno tho.

You mean add carbs? Heresy.

ILoveBish

You mean add carbs? Heresy.

inorite. I mean end result, i'll be keto till the end, but if i could speed up the fat loss by doing lean gains and cycling for a few months.... it might be worth it...i dunno.. I just finished eating and i've had about 1100 calories today and im so tired of eating. In fact, another 72 hour fast is in order, might start after my date tomorrow.

despire

inorite. I mean end result, i'll be keto till the end, but if i could speed up the fat loss by doing lean gains and cycling for a few months.... it might be worth it...i dunno.. I just finished eating and i've had about 1100 calories today and im so tired of eating. In fact, another 72 hour fast is in order, might start after my date tomorrow.

Dude just do it. Introduce carbs and see how you feel.

ILoveBish

Dude just do it. Introduce carbs and see how you feel.

I'm going to really think about it, but I'm honestly having a hard time with it. To me, the damage the insulin spikes are going to do are not worth it. It's like smoking and drinking, knowingly damaging your body. Hard to accept that.

Plus the chances of me slipping up and getting into a spiral of cheats is incredibly real. I'm so strict because I have not been cheating. Doing it regularly might trigger something. It's a risk.

despire

I'm going to really think about it, but I'm honestly having a hard time with it. To me, the damage the insulin spikes are going to do are not worth it. It's like smoking and drinking, knowingly damaging your body. Hard to accept that.

Plus the chances of me slipping up and getting into a spiral of cheats is incredibly real. I'm so strict because I have not been cheating. Doing it regularly might trigger something. It's a risk.

Dude insulin isn't in no way comparable to smoking and drinking. You can't exist without insulin. You are are trained athlete and your body should be able to handle it well. When you were obese and not moving it might've been a different thing but not anymore.

AFAIK being low carb for so long will lower your insulin sensitivity so you might need to take it a bit slower.

Also when you eventually bulk, you can't do it high fat. High fat bulking is probably the worst idea ever since any excess goes straight to bodyfat. With excess carbs you at least have the conversion cost. Also you would miss out on the anabolic signal from carbs.

Incidentally, I'm reading Bigger Leaner Stronger by Mike Matthews (great book, highly recommended for everyone here!) and I'm just at the part where he addresses the low carb/anti-insulin fearmongering by going through the science (all of it). Starts at page 92 or so. If you really wanna get to the bottom of this ILB, I recommend giving the book a read, it's just 10 bucks on Amazon.

JoeNut

its my birthday today and someone at work got me a load of millionaires shortbread, which is like full of fudge, i ate it all and had a total sugar rush, it obviously shows my body is just not used to having sugar anymore, it was really weird, but kind of awesome knowing how my body was affected instead of just eating crap and not knowing how it affects me

Cooter

Don't cut back on soda but rather cut out soda. I'll also echo everyone else, count calories.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom