• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT8| Dad Bods, Bulge Swelfies, and Wait...Do you even lift bro?

Status
Not open for further replies.

J. Bravo

that looks really fuckin delicious. I had chimichangas, chocolate milk, salad, a pint of ice cream, and a pretzel with salt, butter, and cheese after my OHP workout. I actually did get 175x1 (strict). pretty good at 185. I did get stuck right as my elbows were at 90 degrees for 4 or 5 seconds before locking out. how can I fix that? is it because of weak triceps?

ILoveBish

Bum, remove the wine and maybe the mushrooms depending on what it's drenched in, and that's a fully keto approved meal baby.

I had Korean BBQ, brisket steak strips, pork belly, sesame oil for days and salad on the side. Never fails to be incredible.

BumRush

that looks really fuckin delicious. I had chimichangas, chocolate milk, salad, a pint of ice cream, and a pretzel with salt, butter, and cheese after my OHP workout. I actually did get 175x1 (strict). pretty good at 185. I did get stuck right as my elbows were at 90 degrees for 4 or 5 seconds before locking out. how can I fix that? is it because of weak triceps?

Thanks guys, and yeah, Coot, gun to my head it's my favorite meal on the planet.

Bravo, I don't think your issue is with lifting, I don't think you're eating big enough meals.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Thanks guys, and yeah, Coot, gun to my head it's my favorite meal on the planet.

Bravo, I don't think your issue is with lifting, I don't think you're eating big enough meals.

Only slight change I would make is a bone in and I'm set.

____

186.6 today boys. Shit's getting real!

CZI36zK.jpg

22 oz. boneless ribeye (medium rare) + jumbo shrimp + sauteed mushrooms + red wine = refuel after DL and Squats.

damn bro that's one classy ass meal

also does anyone have a GNC coupon so I can buy some quest bars?

tyronebiggums.jpg

SeanR1221

I have to brag about my wife for a bit because I'm so proud of her.

She went through some tough times and got pretty down on herself. She had a really unhealthy relationship with food back around Christmas.

She started buckling down, tracking and working out consistently. Here's her before and after

I'm really impressed. She's definitely helped push me even further with her attitude.

Cooter

Nice cooter! How much have you lost post bulk?

Bum eating in style. That meal looks amazing
35ish pounds. Although I lost about 6-8 of water the first week.

Wait... your wife has abs? Holy crap that's impressive. As hard as it is for men it's extra hard for women. Welp I'm impressed! Lucky man you are.

Cooter

sean, thats super impressive. Great job. It helps that you both are into the lifestyle, makes sticking to things easier.
To expand on this, I just texted a friend after ordering pizza for my kids who are having a sleepover that I deserve some kind of medal for cutting weight with all this delicious food surrounding me. It's bordering on torture at this point.

SharkJAW

Hey, guys. I just wanted to pop in and say great work on the OP! I plan on getting serious about working out. I'd like to strengthen my joints and tendons because I really enjoy playing basketball and soccer. I'd also like to get stronger in the meanwhile. Here's to hoping I stay involved and become a true member of Fit-GAF!

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun

She went through some tough times and got pretty down on herself. She had a really unhealthy relationship with food back around Christmas.

She started buckling down, tracking and working out consistently. Here's her before and after

I'm really impressed. She's definitely helped push me even further with her attitude.

This is impressive as hell. One of the most impressive things I've seen in a long time. Nice.

Cooter

Hey, guys. I just wanted to pop in and say great work on the OP! I plan on getting serious about working out. I'd like to strengthen my joints and tendons because I really enjoy playing basketball and soccer. I'd also like to get stronger in the meanwhile. Here's to hoping I stay involved and become a true member of Fit-GAF!
This place has changed many lives for the better. Good luck. I hope you stick with it.

Cooper

Incredible results, and in a fairly short time period too. I'll be tickled if my transformation in the next 6 months is half as good.

Edit: Oh, and great work on the 2x BW deadlift as well. There are too many awesome people here.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess

Hot damn! That is fantastic! Big props to the wifey!

Szu

Awesome!!

Does she do the laundry on those abs?

j/k

Please let her know I'm kidding, I don't want her to beat me up.

Nelo Ice

Banned

Damn! Now I feel like a fatty for not trying to cut when I should have been for the past month lol. But congrats, that is incredible progress.

despire

Woot? Amazing :)

Cooter

And the torture continues... My wife brought fresh doughnuts home for the kids after her graveyard shift. I swear!

Sean! Your wife looks insane! I'm baffled at that progress, amazing stuff.

On diet. Was craving pizza today, so I made a couple of pita bread pizzas. Craving is gone. Tasty.

Also 197 today, but it's water gone lol. I'll be back at 198 tomorrow I'm sure. It's funny how well I understand my body these days.

SeanR1221

This is why I love this community. My wife and I really appreciate all the kind words. I think for the first time since I've known her she feels comfortable in her skin :). It's really good to see her not be so down on herself.

rokkerkory

Holy cow she looks great! Congrats.

Cooter

Sean! Your wife looks insane! I'm baffled at that progress, amazing stuff.

On diet. Was craving pizza today, so I made a couple of pita bread pizzas. Craving is gone. Tasty.

Also 197 today, but it's water gone lol. I'll be back at 198 tomorrow I'm sure. It's funny how well I understand my body these days.
That sounds good!

So I think I'm a mini version of you. About 10 pounds less muscle. You're down to 197 and I hit 186. You should bottom out at 190 and me at 180. I'll glady wear the title Mini Spirit!

New low of 234.4 this morning. Super happy.

It's a race to 210 between you and Brolic. Go!

Cooter

Holy miracle Batman! 185.2 today. That's after 186.6 yesterday! Had a super clean 1750 yesterday but its gotta be water. Still, sure didn't expect to see that!

Azulsky

I really thought I had my weight loss arrested recently at 2500kCal but in the first week of May the scale has plummeted 4 lbs and I've had 2 workouts kinda shit the bed because of it now. Thought maybe it was dehydration but I keep up with my water just fine.

Gonna have to eat more carbs I guess, kinda maxed out on protein and fat.

Off the beautiful body theme for a minute... managed my first long ride without my knee exploding today. I'm really hoping that's a turning point because if I'm honest I can't say how depressed I've been getting that I haven't been able to train / ride.

Admittedly, it was a very stop / start ride, but still, I'm choosing to look on the bright side. Just need to manage a few weeks without it happening again and I might start to believe that I've turned the corner.

ILoveBish

Congrats!

Werd, so happy to just be making progress, can't wait till i see the 220's.

I really thought I had my weight loss arrested recently at 2500kCal but in the first week of May the scale has plummeted 4 lbs and I've had 2 workouts kinda shit the bed because of it now. Thought maybe it was dehydration but I keep up with my water just fine.

Gonna have to eat more carbs I guess, kinda maxed out on protein and fat.

Maxed out on fat? No bro. No. Look into Fat Bombs.

Off the beautiful body theme for a minute... managed my first long ride without my knee exploding today. I'm really hoping that's a turning point because if I'm honest I can't say how depressed I've been getting that I haven't been able to train / ride.

Admittedly, it was a very stop / start ride, but still, I'm choosing to look on the bright side. Just need to manage a few weeks without it happening again and I might start to believe that I've turned the corner.

Cool man, nothing worse then injuries preventing you from doing what you love, hope things are looking up.

BumRush

Holy miracle Batman! 185.2 today. That's after 186.6 yesterday! Had a super clean 1750 yesterday but its gotta be water. Still, sure didn't expect to see that!

I'm guessing you didn't eat those fresh donuts huh?

My wife and her friends took the guys to an all you can eat and drink 'wing and craft beer' fest today (was phenomenal), although I did squeeze in a workout beforehand. Does 6,000+ calories count as a cheat day? :)

Cooter

I'm guessing you didn't eat those fresh donuts huh?

My wife and her friends took the guys to an all you can eat and drink 'wing and craft beer' fest today (was phenomenal), although I did squeeze in a workout beforehand. Does 6,000+ calories count as a cheat day? :)
No doughnuts.

Um... That's a firm yes on a cheat day! lol I should add unless you're MTP in which case it's called a Tuesday.

mdsfx

Damn. I had a cheat WEEKEND. Yeesh. Im going to run tomorrow until I can't and pretend that it helps.

Let's see... Pizza, beer, waffles, tequila, beer, burgers, dogs, beer, pancakes, beer...

It's almost like there is a pattern...

Cooter

Damn. I had a cheat WEEKEND. Yeesh. Im going to run tomorrow until I can't and pretend that it helps.

Let's see... Pizza, beer, waffles, tequila, beer, burgers, dogs, beer, pancakes, beer...

It's almost like there is a pattern...

Welp there goes those abs. You'll be lucky to see them again by August! I hope it was worth it.

sphinx

the piano man
that dad bod thread on the gaming side is kind of depressing. I see myself in the mirror and feel like I fit in that body stereotype.

Hey guys n gals. Been a stupid long time since I posted in any of these threads. Used to be heavy into fitness/lifting/martial arts a while back (my whole damn life) until getting diagnosed with bad things. Mentally broke me down. Anyhow, I'm still broke from a medical standpoint (type 1, Hashimotos, cancer (2014)) but I've had enough of doing nothing so I am getting back into the swing slowly. Currently 6'3" and 203lbs, so I'm pretty much a stick figure in my eyes.

I hope to be contributing to the thread with discussion and just wanted to introduce myself.

-Jack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom