• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fix This Shit Guerrilla: A Neogaf Killzone 3 Clan

Repgnar

Done with school for the week, finally going to get some Killzone 3 in today. Playing medic with a pub is pretty lame, everyone respawns as soon as the timer hits 0. Been playing with tactician instead.

X-Frame

Medic's will be more useful after the next big patch. Also, really wish they would extend the respawn timer to 8 seconds, oh well.

Hopefully I can get into a party with some of you tonight.

You don't see Medics on the radar when you're bleeding out right? If you did more people would wait for a revive instead of respawning.

X-Frame said:
Medic's will be more useful after the next big patch.

Where can you see what they're planning to patch?

alright guys im gonna start going down the list sending out invites but it would make it easier if u go to the clan page and put in a clan application HERE

edit: just invited everyone who signed up as kz2 gaf so if u didnt get an invite and you were in the kz2 gaf clan apply at the link above^

Cagen

aj2good4you2 said:
alright Cagen i went ahead and made the clan since everyone i played with the past couple days has been wanting to get the clan started already.

I had to name it "FIX THIS **** GUERRILLA" since pretty much any variation of "shit" is not allowed and it seems like * is the only special character allowed. clan tag is "FTSG" of course.

if all that sounds fine then ill go ahead and start going down the list starting with kz2 gaf and start inviting everyone. then whenever you or ffo get the game i can transfer leadership.
That's cool, thanks for doing it AJ. Thought FFO would have received the game and sorted it no later than today, not that it was guaranteed with a Friday release but nevermind heh.

I've got a really crappy data reception here and working 12 hour days :(. There better be a space for me tomorrow night though!

just a heads up, ill be giving FFO clan leadership as soon as these damn servers go back up so pester him if u need invites. hopefully everyone should be invited by tonight but i have a feeling we might hit whatever the member cap is pretty quickly.

Songbird

Prodigal Son
Hey there FTSG, I'm heading into town tomorrow morning to rent Killzone 3 for a week. This is my first Killzone game so could I join to follow some experienced Gaffers and learn the ropes? If I'm impressed by the game (I think I might be) I'll buy it and join full time.

Just asking in case you're wanting more steady or practised players.

Cagen

aj2good4you2 said:
just a heads up, ill be giving FFO clan leadership as soon as these damn servers go back up so pester him if u need invites. hopefully everyone should be invited by tonight but i have a feeling we might hit whatever the member cap is pretty quickly.
Nooooooooooo.gif

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
Gf is leaving tomorrow afternoon to go skiing with her family so I have about 7 days to spend non-stop online. :)

unbalanced

Neo Member
I'd like to join a clan, but I de suxors at shooters. I mostly play for the campaign storyline and having fun. With the tighter controls on three though I might actually play the multiplayer more often. I could not kill a single person in Killzone two. I dunno..I'd just die. Strange cause I can do well in single player, but people kick more ass.

Xater

unbalanced said:
I'd like to join a clan, but I de suxors at shooters. I mostly play for the campaign storyline and having fun. With the tighter controls on three though I might actually play the multiplayer more often. I could not kill a single person in Killzone two. I dunno..I'd just die. Strange cause I can do well in single player, but people kick more ass.

The point of GAF clans is just to play with people who are not dicks. Skill is kinda irrelevant. Well except in cases where like a Europe vs USA rivalry exists. ;)

unbalanced

Neo Member
I would like to play with people who don't really care and just want to have fun. That's why I play after all.

oh, and can anyone tell me why i can't start a new thread? I'm pretty positive my account is activated, though I only just got validated a week ago, after like a year wait.

Nightz

unbalanced said:
I would like to play with people who don't really care and just want to have fun. That's why I play after all.

oh, and can anyone tell me why i can't start a new thread? I'm pretty positive my account is activated, though I only just got validated a week ago, after like a year wait.
Juniors can't create threads.

unbalanced

Neo Member
Xater said:
The point of GAF clans is just to play with people who are not dicks. Skill is kinda irrelevant. Well except in cases where like a Europe vs USA rivalry exists. ;)

oh yes I should add that my psn name is unbalanced12 if anyone in the clan wants to shoot me a message or something on there

RotBot

unbalanced said:
The more defensive or support oriented classes like Engineer or Field Medic (assuming GG fixes the revive system) can be played effectively without being great at shooting. You can also max out the Marksman's radar jammer and use it to help teammates mount a stealthy assault instead of camping a mile away like most people do.

unbalanced

Neo Member
Thanks so much, I figured it was something like that, but i wasn't sure. Can anyone direct me to a dues ex thread then? I couldn't find it and I'm looking for someone to tell me if its going to be two disc for 360 or not.

unbalanced

Neo Member
RotBot said:
The more defensive or support oriented classes like Engineer or Field Medic (assuming GG fixes the revive system) can be played effectively without being great at shooting. You can also max out the Marksman's radar jammer and use it to help teammates mount a stealthy assault instead of camping a mile away like most people do.

I really did like the engineer in the beta

alr1ghtstart said:
so, you can't join clan members in-game??

fix this shit guerrilla
Yeah i was fucking around with the menu because i thought i was missing something or needed to press something else to get the 'join clan member match' option, but nope. Its just broken. Really surprised no one thought it would be a good idea to have that implemented by release day.

Repgnar

Yea, I had to use my friends list to get into a game with some gaffers. Once I got in the game, I was put on the other team and proceeded to get dominated.

X-Frame

alr1ghtstart said:
in case you haven't noticed, this game was very rushed.

GG even admitted that they didn't have time to put a lot of things in, like custom soundtracks. I mean damn, of course they were rushed. I sort of feel bad - imagine what this game would've been like with a Fall release instead? Push Resistance into the winter or something ..

Facism

were they rushed because of the amount of time they spent ripping features out of the game?

mp in it's current state is such a fucking dire experience.

Top Bottom