• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fix This Shit Guerrilla: A Neogaf Killzone 3 Clan

I've decided to max out my Infiltrator today. With dual weapons StA11 SMG, Shotgun or StA52 Silenced Assault Rifle it is very good at flanking the opponents. The rocket launcher works too I suppose, but that's my last unlock.

I have come to rediscover my love of the StA11 SMG that I also had in Killzone 2. In close quarters, nothing is more accurate and spits out bullets so fast.

I definitely think it's a useful class in clan matches; it can flank, be everywhere, run the beacon home and place and defuse charges 50% faster.

Cagen

X-Frame said:
Cagen, can you check something for me .. is my Application to join the clan still pending? I was one of the first to apply when AJ still have ownership, so I assume all a Leader needed to do was accept it rather than send out an invite ..

Just wanted to know if there was a bug there because I'm not in and I remember on KZ.com that day I applied it said I joined a clan (about 50x in a row) on my Live Feed but didn't say what clan.
In the clan list it had you as invite sent, I canceled it and sent you another.

beast786

I am going to be out of town for the weekend. Hence wont be able to accept my invite if given.

If given is there a way to accept via killzone.com ?

Facism

Any word from Gg on whether they're going to allow more control over clan games via officers (coming back in patch) and clan leader?

Otherwise i think we'll have to discuss scheduling incursions into the clan Matchmaking system and have a list of people who want to get involved with it. I honestly feel that after a few weeks of pub Kz3 it's going to be the only way i play the game's MP.

When custom games comes back,w e should definatley do regular FTSG only nights, get 2 full teams of fix this shitters and get some decent games on :D

Cagen

beast786 said:
I am going to be out of town for the weekend. Hence wont be able to accept my invite if given.

If given is there a way to accept via killzone.com ?
Yeah on your live feed on killzone.com, I just resent yours.

X-Frame said:
Cagen, can you check something for me .. is my Application to join the clan still pending? I was one of the first to apply when AJ still have ownership, so I assume all a Leader needed to do was accept it rather than send out an invite ..

Just wanted to know if there was a bug there because I'm not in and I remember on KZ.com that day I applied it said I joined a clan (about 50x in a row) on my Live Feed but didn't say what clan.

You're in the clan, I see your name on the clan page.

Cagen

scoobs said:
Need my invite!! :( bummer
Sent.

There seems to be a bug if you sign up on killzone.com and I accept it just leaves you as invite pending in the members list so I have to cancel the invite and resend it. Obviously there's a couple I haven't sent due to the clan limit but if you post here I'll try sort it.

Facism said:
Any word from Gg on whether they're going to allow more control over clan games via officers (coming back in patch) and clan leader?

When custom games comes back,w e should definatley do regular FTSG only nights, get 2 full teams of fix this shitters and get some decent games on :D

We should definitely do some FTSG only nights! I'll make a thread (if there isn't one already) about limiting control over clan games to officers and the clan leader on the forums, and see if I get a reply from developers and/or the community.

Here it is. Please make some noise in the thread so the developers take notice of it.

Facism

Giriath_89 said:
We should definitely do some FTSG only nights! I'll make a thread (if there isn't one already) about limiting control over clan games to officers and the clan leader on the forums, and see if I get a reply from developers and/or the community.

nice one.

Really big shame they took out the valour wagers and the brilliant scheduling system.

X-Frame

scoobs said:
damn network errors and we just got a squad going lame lame lame

I can't even join WTF. I try literally 9 seconds after I get the invite from Giriath and nothing .. though it wouldn't be so bad if I could JOIN ON A DAMN CLAN MEMBER. Lol.

Irish

aj2good4you2 said:
the game that froze on you we ended up getting a tie(which for some reason deranks both teams) then later on we made a new 8 player squad and went 1-3(crappy americans).

the last couple games were especially brutal since were getting one shotted left and right. mostly cause mawlr graveyard is a total POS when you are on isa side since you have to run uphill just to grab a damn TSP while they rain down lmg fire. we really need more organization on what classes everyone should play so it doesnt turn into a tact fest every game when we need other classes.

Yeah, Mawler Graveyard is a real POS if you're playing as the ISA. The Higs can simply sit at the top of their hills and deny entrance to any and all comers. Also, even if you do manage to sneak up to their tactical spawn and cap it, their main base is like five feet away, allowing them to take it right back and forcing your entire team back down the hill. It's ridiculous.

Cagen said:
Sent.

There seems to be a bug if you sign up on killzone.com and I accept it just leaves you as invite pending in the members list so I have to cancel the invite and resend it. Obviously there's a couple I haven't sent due to the clan limit but if you post here I'll try sort it.

Hook me up. It keeps telling me I have joined a clan on my live feed. What the hell is that about? I dont think i have done anything lol.

Negaiido

Well could I please get another invite to the clan. Not telling why I need another one :lol:
I've also asked for an invite on killzone.com but just mentioning it here.

edit:

thank you :)

Repgnar

Hey Giriath, thanks for the invite earlier. Wasn't sure what exactly happened, I think I got into a game with the squad then I realized like ten minutes in there were only like 3 people on the team, none from FTSG. I plan on getting a mic tomorrow so I can talk and actually hear other people, the music just drowns everyone out for me. Also need to pick up the retro maps tomorrow.

LEGGZZZZ

Added my name to the Spread Sheet, killzone/playstation website won't register me for some reason. Anyway username is kill_zone09 , please add me, looking to play with some gaffers.

peetfeet

I've added myself to the list, I was originally a member of the KZ2 clan until I stopped playing after the first DLC pack came out (couldn't find any matches and quit in frustration!). I have the retro pack. Is this limited to GAF members strictly? I also have a friend who would like to play with us and is frustrated with the camping etc of the public servers. His ID is Spacepods if this is ok, also EU.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
Damn, the UI to play with clanmembers is really something incredibly awful. Any game up for tonight I'm game, going to try out the newly bought head-set too. :)

Xater

LOL the second game we played today against the Salvation Army guys was not pretty for them. They didn't even get out of their spawn point!

owlbeak

Hey guys, just FYI - I am an experienced Killzone 2 player who played Tactician exclusively from release day and that's the same for Killzone 3. I don't care much about personal score, and I spend 95% of games capturing spawns that are critical and advantageous to our teams' objectives. I sit in the spawn and defend it best I can while the rest of the team completes our objectives. I also dabble in Medic.

Feel free to add me, but please say you're from neogaf so I know, my PSN tag is Bird_Murder.

beast786

Yes. Finally in clan. Sucked that I could not join the match. Just like kz2 where there is some time limit from accepting invitation to be able to join match

Thrakier

Wow, how annoying that was yesterday evening. First two clan matches where the other clan left and we wasted thetime till the game was over. Then 30 minutes waiting till we party regrouped. Then I got kicked out because of NO DLC. Fun times.

Facism

Gek@ll said:
so far we are W17-L3-D2 and we are headed for the top, at least on Warzone

W18-L6-D2 now.

We really to organise this a little bit :p I think i've played 7 of those games, 4 wins, 2 draws and 1 loss.

Best win was against Lince's old University MW2 clan. He got so much bitter hatemail from them lol

Irish

Facism said:
Best win was against Lince's old University MW2 clan. He got so much bitter hatemail from them lol

Lince always gets bitter hatemail though, especially when he's just sittin' in the back sniping. :p

X-Frame

I wanna do some clan matchmaking, east coast US so not sure if I conflict with most of the matches so far.

Otherwise there could be set times during the day that people should know will be for warring, like nights for US and UK, or whatever.

Also, is there an FTSG chatroom? That would make organizing a of easier when people sign on.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Facism said:
W18-L6-D2 now.

We really to organise this a little bit :p I think i've played 7 of those games, 4 wins, 2 draws and 1 loss.

Yes, organization, roles spelled out for each map. But this forum is public, no?

Cagen

peetfeet said:
I'm guessing the next round of invites are still pending? or is the clan full?

Im going to go through the list shortly, delete all the invites that are waiting to be accepted and send a new set out/resend a couple to people I know are waiting to get in.

Facism

commish said:
Yes, organization, roles spelled out for each map. But this forum is public, no?

Yes, it is a public forum, but we never discussed the finer points of Raist's/Cagen's/TTP's plans outside of private messages. We used to get pictures of the map layout, who was in each squad and what roles they took dependant on objectives, where they were supposed to be after each objective etc. Lines and arrows, areas to concentrate on, it was pretty well developed.

Each squad had a leader who sent PMs to the rest of the squad about what they're roles were going to be and what the strats were. I think Cagen was typically my squad leader during our time in competitive play, Raist usually took charge of the other squad. Looking through my old KZ2 clan PMs right now lol and seeing "5v5 Radec strategy ROLOL" and that lovely "SALMOM TACTICS FOR GAFA" which was a brilliant fucking game against our US bredrens.

Salamun used to have some crazy tactics. Attack squads, defence squads, a single sniper (FFO was fucking crazy in KZ2), a single Sab (i was fucking crazy in KZ2 ;p). It was a truly dynamic multiplayer experience. We were changing careers, weapons, positions all dependant on the objectives, whether we had to defend or attack.

I remember the first few games had me going sab on S&D defence and disrupting the enemy advancement with c4 and cowardly tricks in the alley leading to the courtyard and gun emplacement infront of the objective. It halted tactician advancements and forced them to set their spawns further away from the objectives than they liked. Good times.

All of this is pretty much lost in KZ3. Not so dynamic anymore. It's a shame, but i hope they can sort out all the major issues before everyone gives it up.

commish

Facism said:
Yes, it is a public forum, but we never discussed the finer points of Raist's/Cagen's/TTP's plans outside of private messages. We used to get pictures of the map layout, who was in each squad and what roles they took dependant on objectives, where they were supposed to be after each objective etc. Lines and arrows, areas to concentrate on, it was pretty well developed.

Each squad had a leader who sent PMs to the rest of the squad about what they're roles were going to be and what the strats were. I think Cagen was typically my squad leader during our time in competitive play, Raist usually took charge of the other squad. Looking through my old KZ2 clan PMs right now lol and seeing "5v5 Radec strategy ROLOL" and that lovely "SALMOM TACTICS FOR GAFA" which was a brilliant fucking game against our US bredrens.

Salamun used to have some crazy tactics. Attack squads, defence squads, a single sniper (FFO was fucking crazy in KZ2), a single Sab (i was fucking crazy in KZ2 ;p). It was a truly dynamic multiplayer experience. We were changing careers, weapons, positions all dependant on the objectives, whether we had to defend or attack.

I remember the first few games had me going sab on S&D defence and disrupting the enemy advancement with c4 and cowardly tricks in the alley leading to the courtyard and gun emplacement infront of the objective. It halted tactician advancements and forced them to set their spawns further away from the objectives than they liked. Good times.

All of this is pretty much lost in KZ3. Not so dynamic anymore. It's a shame, but i hope they can sort out all the major issues before everyone gives it up.

Yeah, that sounds great, I am all for that. I think this game can reach that level, but it'll be hard because, to be honest, the maps are pretty terrible when it comes to design and balance and GG took out so many features. I don't plan on giving up on this game for a while, as I have been waiting for it for so long and GG can make it better with a few patches. Time will tell. What you described is why I love KZ so much.

To that end, does anyone have any images of the map layouts?

Facism

Along with MGO, which also had strategies and whatnot written out as they were in KZ2 (dunpeal was our leader there) KZ2 is in my multiplayer top 5.

Might be blasphemous, but what hooked me about KZ2 was that it felt like a console shooter made my people who had PC sensibilities. Warzone IS the MP mode of killzone and held so much depth in KZ2. They didn't patronise the userbase by assuming they couldn't understand how the game worked, and even added incentives to help the public playerbase get involved in the form of those lovely bonus point areas for defending teams.

Sure they got some things wrong. Assault was a badly envisioned class, even though i can see they wanted something that was anti-engineer and anti-turret. Spawn nades needed some tweaking, not outright removal.

I'm sure KZ3 will mature into something decent if they keep patches coming and listening to the near continuous stream of constructive criticism they been getting since the closed beta.

commish

Facism said:
Along with MGO, which also had strategies and whatnot written out as they were in KZ2 (dunpeal was our leader there) KZ2 is in my multiplayer top 5.

Might be blasphemous, but what hooked me about KZ2 was that it felt like a console shooter made my people who had PC sensibilities. Warzone IS the MP mode of killzone and held so much depth in KZ2. They didn't patronise the userbase by assuming they couldn't understand how the game worked, and even added incentives to help the public playerbase get involved in the form of those lovely bonus point areas for defending teams.

Sure they got some things wrong. Assault was a badly envisioned class, even though i can see they wanted something that was anti-engineer and anti-turret. Spawn nades needed some tweaking, not outright removal.

I'm sure KZ3 will mature into something decent if they keep patches coming and listening to the near continuous stream of constructive criticism they been getting since the closed beta.

Not really blasphemous - I've said all along that it is my favorite FPS this gen. There are just so many easy fixes that would improve KZ3 greatly - squad system with spawn on squad leader (or even spawn on tacticians only that are SL), remove automatic weapons from the cloaking class (tho more of an annoyance than really an issue, outside of there being too many marksmen), better balance the maps, fix medics, improve clan system, etc. It can be done, and I think GG will make great strides in the next month or two.

As much as I rag on the game, and I rag on it quite often, I still very much enjoy the game and look forward to playing every day.

peetfeet

Cagen said:
Im going to go through the list shortly, delete all the invites that are waiting to be accepted and send a new set out/resend a couple to people I know are waiting to get in.

OK, no problem.

Cagen

Ok, I've sen out another batch of invites. There are about 20 waiting to be accepted at the moment. If you don't have an invite and are wanting one give me a holla and I'll try fit you in or resend your invite as it may have bugged.

Facism

DenogginizerOS said:
I would like to play some clan games this evening. Is there a session being planned for us North American denizens?

Once we get officers i think we'll have some trusted US friends being promoted if they wish to organise regional clan games.

At the moment, we're just getting 8 people from whatever region they're from and doing a few clan games a night. It's working out alright despite how bad the clan matchmaking is. We've been matched against EU and US based clans so i don't think we're region locked for clan games :)

There is a GAF 24 hour chatroom set up, so if you don't have access at the moment, a lot of other people do. Can anyone post if they have access and give Denog their psn id so he can add you and get invited? I've got 100 friends and need to prune that list but can't get to the ps3 at this time, otherwise i'd shoot you a friend request.

dazed808

This is how we've spent the last 4 clan games I've been involved in......

ftsg.jpg

We are just too awesome and scare people off! EDIT: Unless they are a NA clan and destroy us with good ol' lag.

Dibbz said:
Played with some US guys today.....

When does EU guys play? Please let me play with you guys instead :p

I played a couple of those games earlier with you - NA lag was horrible. I'll add you later. We mostly play late into the night so you should be able to find someone from EU online.

Dibbz

dazed808 said:
I played a couple of those games earlier with you - NA lag was horrible. I'll add you later. We mostly play late into the night so you should be able to find someone from EU online.
I have a few of the EU guys on my FL but they were "In Game" for ages, guessing clan matches so I couldn't join them. :(

Top Bottom