• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Floyd Mayweather vs Conor McGregor - Saturday August 26th |OT| FOOK / YEAAAH

Veldin

If you ever thought McGregor had a chance you don't know much about him or Mayweather. This was a joke fight from the start, but the hype preyed on ignorance. Didn't watch though from reading the thread it went exactly as expected.

Conor's lucky he avoided the KO because the internet would've had a field day like they did with Pac and Ronda

manny-are-you-ok13.jpg
Still cracks me up.

Neith

Banned
He's a woman beater.

It's not just once. Not just a crime of passion. He is a multiple offense women beater who probably beat women on a weekly basis. He is a piece of shit. To see GAF defend this guy is hilarious.

He is a great boxer. Not an entertaining boxer, but I only ever liked the heavyweight matches and a few other smaller boxers.

GodofWine

Mayweather let him get those rounds. HIs corner said it plainly - wait until the 4th and turn on the juice. McGregor will be (and was) gassed by that point.

UFC's longest championship time is 25 minutes. McGregor got knocked out because he was just too tired to keep his hands up.

I think the top 30 fighters in this weight range would have won just the same way. Maybe top 50+. Connor just isn't going to land against skilled boxers and he'd gas just the same and they'd all pounce.

Dekmental

Banned
EASY WORK.

Floyd toyed with him,walked him down the entire time and landed over 50 percent of this punches. Gave conor 2 rounds.

Plus FLOYD IS SHOT TO SHIT. Waste of time. Conor had no power whatsoever in boxing like i said a billion times.

If you believed conor was gonna win dont ever watch boxing again please.

Oriel

I hope they become good friends to be honest. This kind of bizarre life event has gotta make you bond w the other guy/

They probably already were. All that pre-match bullshit was to hype the fight and bring in the punters. It was more WWE than WWE if we're being honest.

I still wonder how the UFC is going to handle Conor after this. From Conor perspective, how can you really justify going from what he just made to what the UFC can pay him? I'm sure he's under contract and all, but they're just in completely different leagues from a pay perspective. And this fight set him and his family for life.

HiiiLife

EASY WORK.

Floyd toyed with him,walked him down the entire time and landed over 50 percent of this punches. Gave conor 2 rounds.

Plus FLOYD IS SHOT TO SHIT. Waste of time. Conor had no power whatsoever in boxing like i said a billion times.

If you believed conor was gonna win dont ever watch boxing again please.

Imagine how boring these threads would be without the naïveté tho

That was several years ago. Our president has done much worse recently and I don't see him being called disgusting.

What the fuck are you talking about? There isn't statutory limits on calling somebody disgusting for beating women and tons of people constantly say all manner of insults to Trump.

U trollin m8?

sibarraz

Banned
Who is the guy that everyone is quoting?

Also UFC are so used to terrible referees never stoping fights at time that they are disgusted when for once a ref is doing his job

cordy

Banned
This thread's taught me that a lot of people think a boxing match is only stopped when a fighter's knocked to the ground and can't get up like some Rocky shit.

Nuu

Banned
So, Mayweather purposely went easy on Mcgregor for the first three rounds in order to bait Mcgregor in letting out all of his steam. Then when he is fatigued later on, Mayweather would go all out on Mcgregor who would be too fatigue to fight. This was Mayweather's strategy from the outset correct?

Neith

Banned
That was several years ago. Our president has done much worse recently and I don't see him being called disgusting.

What? This guy has MULTIPLE charges. You wanna bet money this guy beat women like 10 other times and was not charged nor was it reported? Jesus. Defending a women beater... Yowch. It was years ago guys. Floyd can barely read, he hasn't changed. The law changed him possibly.

Top Bottom