• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Floyd Mayweather vs Conor McGregor - Saturday August 26th |OT| FOOK / YEAAAH

Sephzilla

My rough prediction is that Floyd wins in round 9 or 10 by referee stoppage/TKO. Even though it's Floyd's style, he's not going to want Conor going 12.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Kavanagh being interviewed on the MMA Hour:
I'm convinced we'll see Mayweather on the ground during the first two rounds, one way or the other. Whether it's a punch, a grab, a pushdown or an accidental trip, Conor 's camp 100% plans on getting Mayweather to the ground for the imagery and to fuck with him. It's going to be dirty as fuck.

Yeah because getting pushed or tripped or any of that is going to somehow phase Mayweather because we know nothing hurts more than someone making an ass of themselves in the ring.

Well there's no disrespect. They aren't boxers, that's they key difference, both however are far better fighters than Mayweather.

Ah I see we're getting to the part where we argue about who is a better "fighter".

Conor is a master of all trades fighting against a former master of one who is now an old out of shape man

Too bad being a master boxer is all that's going to matter in a boxing match against one of the best of the best.

Fox318

My rough prediction is that Floyd wins in round 9 or 10 by referee stoppage/TKO. Even though it's Floyd's style, he's not going to want Conor going 12.

Floyd isn't going to pressure Conor at all.

I just can't see him changing up his gameplan when he has nothing to prove or gain.

One of my favorite Boxing video makers made this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzV0qzXKAsw

He normally stays away from Floyd but nice that he finally got some video.

Yeah, love Reznick. I used to speak with him all the time years ago on a Battle Rap forum. LOL

The one thing he does in this video is bring up the race politics that I think people forget within boxing and it's history and has manifested itself sometimes with MMA.

The worse thing that Floyd would ever want is to lose and blemish his perfect undefeated record. An even worse thing is for him to lose it to an MMA guy. An even worse thing than that is for him to lose it to an MMA White guy.

That's why I say, be prepared for Floyd to make an example out of Conor and try to win every moment and take him out whenever the opportunity presents himself.

Sephzilla

Floyd isn't going to pressure Conor at all.

I just can't see him changing up his gameplan when he has nothing to prove or gain.

I should just clarify that I think Conor will be so gassed by that point that Floyd will basically be landing shots at will and Conor won't be able to defend himself, so the ref will stop it

ValfarHL

Did I say he knocked him out? He hit him so hard conor panicked and went for a takedown, which is the dumbest thing ever against a diaz

ThornyDisastrousIndianabat.gif

Most opponents Floyd has faced has said at one time or another that they didn't quite realise how fast Floyd actually is until they got in the ring with him. Even at age 40, Conor may be in for a shock.

tumblr_mk7b7kSW901s0soqwo1_400.gif

HStallion

Most opponents Floyd has faced has said at one time or another that they didn't quite realise how fast Floyd actually is until they got in the ring with him. Even at age 40, Conor may be in for a shock.

tumblr_mk7b7kSW901s0soqwo1_400.gif

There is a video with Andre Berto where he actually breaks down what its like to take on Mayweather and he points out how incredibly reactive he is and how he is always watching his opponents.

Yeah, love Reznick. I used to speak with him all the time years ago on a Battle Rap forum. LOL

The one thing he does in this video is bring up the race politics that I think people forget within boxing and it's history and has manifested itself sometimes with MMA.

The worse thing that Floyd would ever want is to lose and blemish his perfect undefeated record. An even worse thing is for him to lose it to an MMA guy. An even worse thing than that is for him to lose it to an MMA White guy.

That's why I say, be prepared for Floyd to make an example out of Conor and try to win every moment and take him out whenever the opportunity presents himself.

Yep I agree.

Tubie

I can't believe how many people fell for the Conor hype lol.

Yea Conor's gonna come into the ring with some crazy unexpected moves and reinvent boxing to beat the best boxer ever...

HiiiLife

Gonna be catching this at coworkers house. Beer, BBQ and more beer.

Even tho I'm anticipating GGG v Canelo more this bout to be some fuckery I gotta witness.

sytadel

Floyd will absolutely go for the knockout. This alone makes it interesting, and worth the price. To see a pretty boy floyd knockout one more time. If it were an actual boxer he was facing he'd just cruise again to a points victory.

Conor's best chance is simply to not box with Mayweather. Try getting in the inside and maul Mayweather with anything like rabbit punches, forearms, elbows, slyly positioning his head for unintentional head butts. Use his size and strength to push Mayweather around. Do everything he can to bend and occasionally break the rules and try to frustrate Mayweather.

I doubt he has the stamina to last doing this, but he should've practiced to throw over 100 punches per round and to constantly keep going forward and not allow Mayweather to back him up at any point, and regardless if he lands or not, give the appearance that he's always the aggressor and outworking Mayweather and therefore is winning the fight

Conor's best chance is simply to not box with Mayweather. Try getting into the inside and maul Mayweather with anything like rabbit punches, forearms, elbows, slyly positioning your head for unintentional head butts. Use his size and strength to push Mayweather around. Do everything he can to bend and occasionally break the rules and try to frustrate Mayweather.

I doubt he has the stamina to last doing this, but he should've practiced to throw over 100 punches per round, and regardless if he lands or not, give the appearance that he's outworking Mayweather and therefore is winning the fight.

Agree 100% and after watching the interview with his Coach Kavanagh I think this is exactly what he's planning on doing. I think Conor wants to make this fight dirty as hell and as close to breaking the rules as possible. Likely one of the main reasons they had Joe Cortez in the camp. To see how much they can get away with

darscot

Conor has to be super careful with a rough dirty style. Conor will rough him up but I don't think Conor would take a dirty shot and hit him when touching gloves or something like that. Mayweather will and Conor better live by the protect yourself at all times.

HStallion

Conor's best chance is simply to not box with Mayweather. Try getting in the inside and maul Mayweather with anything like rabbit punches, forearms, elbows, slyly positioning his head for unintentional head butts. Use his size and strength to push Mayweather around. Do everything he can to bend and occasionally break the rules and try to frustrate Mayweather.

I doubt he has the stamina to last doing this, but he should've practiced to throw over 100 punches per round and to constantly keep going forward and not allow Mayweather to back him up at any point, and regardless if he lands or not, give the appearance that he's always the aggressor and outworking Mayweather and therefore is winning the fight

This only works if he can actually catch Mayweather and I don't forsee him just standing around to let Conor do half this shit, let alone in the first half of the fight.

This only works if he can actually catch Mayweather and I don't forsee him just standing around to let Conor do half this shit, let alone in the first half of the fight.

Mayweather's legs aren't what they used to be, so Conor will have his opportunities, obviously whether he capitalizes on them or not is a different story.

Highly unlikely. Conor's chin is good and Floyd isn't a super heavy puncher.

I think Floyd will finish him but later in the fight. Rd 6 or later

Yeah, I see it happening due to attrition of punches combined with tiredness.

HStallion

Mayweather's legs aren't what they used to be, so Conor will have his opportunities, obviously whether he capitalizes on them or not is a different story.

Seeing as Floyd was renowned for his stamina in ring even Floyd on weaker legs of probably far more than most opponents can keep up with.

darscot

Man I think Conor has a huge hill to climb to beat Mayweather but you guys have to ease back on the Mayweather hype. He is not so fast and elusive that he can get in range hit Conor and magically get out of range and never get hit back. He is not in such amazing shape that he can run circles around Conor and tire Conor out. He can't just stay away and win round after round. It's a fight they will hit each other.

HStallion

Floyd wins during the undercard.

Man I think Conor has a huge hill to climb to beat Mayweather but you guys have to ease back on the Mayweather hype. He is not so fast and elusive that he can get in range hit Conor and magically get out of range and never get hit back. He is not in such amazing shape that he can run circles around Conor and tire Conor out. He can't just stay away and win round after round. It's a fight they will hit each other.

Floyd will most certainly get hit, I don't think anyone is insinuating otherwise as that's foolish and Conor tiring out is more on Conor than it is on Floyd.

McGregor going out in the first two minutes is a safe bet.

Where is this brand new huge power from Floyd appearing from?

People need to realize Conor is going to land some shots in this fight. There is a huge gap in boxing skill between the 2 but this idea that Floyd just KOs Conor super early is crazy talk to me

Where is this brand new huge power from Floyd appearing from?

People need to realize Conor is going to land some shots in this fight. There is a huge gap in boxing skill between the 2 but this idea that Floyd just KOs Conor super early is crazy talk to me

body shots dude... body shots

Dekmental

Banned

LOOOL at you think conor can fight on the inside. Thats a realllly difficult skill to learn.

I never gave a value judgement on what Conor can or can't do, but merely provided a gameplan that was his best chance of winning.

It is for sure his best chance. Everyone keeps talking about the reach advantage and power but McGregors best shot is to use his physicality and rough up Floyd in the clinch / close range. I expect him to try to force that situation as often as possible

Top Bottom