• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Floyd Mayweather vs Conor McGregor - Saturday August 26th |OT| FOOK / YEAAAH

sirap

GSP can draw as much as Bones, Brock etc? Not being sarcastic, genuinely don't know.

Canadian MMA market practically collapsed when GSP retired. He's very popular, not as big as Brock but that dude's a freak-show.

What makes GSP a good draw is that he's dependable.

DINk1t2VAAAYe39.jpg

KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

I gave the first 4 to Conor, 5-7 was Mayweather, then 8 was a huge surprise being that close. that was a crazy exciting round.

it was the beginning of the end though. you knew it was over halfway through that 9th round

You gave those rounds to him based on what? Acting like a clown? Because he wasn't scoring.

BSsBrolly

Banned
I find it amazing that boxing fans are acting like Floyd dominated. This was way more competitive than it should have been. Way more competitive than it would be in a real fight too.

Heroman

Banned
I find it amazing that boxing fans are acting like Floyd dominated. This was way more competitive than it should have been. Way more competitive than it would be in a real fight too.
But he did. At no point was he ever in danger and let Connor tired his self out. The ont reason why it seem competitive was cause.floyd let it be

Diabelli

Mayweather was just walking in straight lines at McGregor in the later rounds. He had no respect for his punches.

I find it amazing that people who apparently have never watched boxing before don't consider what happened tonight to be "domination". Actually scratch that I don't find it all that amazing.

Syder

I gave the first 4 to Conor, 5-7 was Mayweather, then 8 was a huge surprise being that close. that was a crazy exciting round.

it was the beginning of the end though. you knew it was over halfway through that 9th round
The beginning of the end was when Conor spent 80% of his gas tank by the end of the 4th round. He was not putting points on the board.
Official scorecards:
DkZefqO.gif

So only one judge gave Conor 3 rounds, and not a single one gave him anything after that point.

Conor has spent so much by the 3rd minute of Round 3 but you could tell after the first round that his pre-fight 'gameplan' was complete bull, and if you don't have the KO power to put a defensive fighter down, you don't beat them.

floyd handed mcgregor the first 3 rounds. he threw, what, 7 8 9 punches total? he wasn't even trying to win those rounds there, just wanted mcgregor to gas himself. he turned it on in the 4th but still took a round or two off after that. floyd was never in any danger.

Because Floyd did dominate? The only slightly excitement moments for McGregor fans were in the first 3 rounds - and even then it was clear Floyd was measuring him up.

Then it was over.

It took longer than expected (I had money on it being over by the 6th round), but he completely controlled the fight all the same.

Durden77

McGregor's dodges were truly incredible. He fought harder than I think anyone could have imagined. Dude's got my respect.

Besides.....you know... all the hits to the back of the head.

Nafai1123

Banned

It wasn't competitive just because it went 10 rounds.

Look, I hate Mayweather. He's a woman beating piece of shit....but this fight went exactly as anyone who knows wtf they're talking about expected. Mayweather carried Conor for the show, and ended it when he felt like it.

mr jones

Ethnicity is not a race!

Dude. He sat there for three rounds and let Conor tee off.

He started to ramp it up after that.

Floyd usually is a defensive guy - he hasn't been offensive for... 15 years?

He was offensive from 6 onward - against a tired newbie.

It wasn't even fair, fam.

Top Bottom