• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Floyd Mayweather vs Conor McGregor - Saturday August 26th |OT| FOOK / YEAAAH

This is all anecdotal of course. But people got really heated when mcgregor got shitted on. And whats worse is that the one white guy at the party i was at got really aggressive about ethnicities once that punk lost.

variations of:

- the ref was black it's all biased
- he bought the match
- fight in an alley and may would lose 😂
- no honor, Connor at least took the fight seriously
' why is he always ducking and running away 😂😂😂

I'm so happy Floyd won. Not just for the sport but to piss on morons like this. Countless ignorant people who don't know what they are talking about

As I described, with the implications I noted. Your account's still intact at the moment, so let's hear the psychoanalysis.

You mean some MMA fans trying to delegitimize Boxing and one of it's greatest fighters as MMA has grown as a sport and popularity. Sure, there's a racial element in it.

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
Only thing surprising about this was fight was Conor making it to the 10th. Really expected him to go down a lot sooner.

Sanjuro

Other people can argue about it forever, but most people are going to think he did pretty good considering he didn't get washed immediately and kept pushing the action

Floyd was downloading him and that helps optics too

Now get back in WrassleGAF hell where u belong :p

What did he have, Prodigy?

Haunted

Respect to Conor for stepping into another discipline.

Respect to Floyd for looking sharp and well conditioned out there even at age 40.

Kinda funny that McGregor won more rounds than Canelo did. :lol

If you schedule a rematch in the cage, Mayweather has to make it to the start of round 5 before getting submitted/stopped for a comparable result.

Respect to Conor for stepping into another discipline.

Respect to Floyd for looking sharp and well conditioned out there even at age 40.

Kinda funny that McGregor won more rounds than Canelo did. :lol

If you schedule a rematch in the cage, Mayweather has to make it to the start of round 5 before getting submitted/stopped for a comparable result.

Well McGregor would have to carry Floyd like Floyd carried McGregor. Floyd took Canelo seriously, he didn't really take McGregor seriously.

Only thing surprising about this was fight was Conor making it to the 10th. Really expected him to go down a lot sooner.

He should have gone down like at round 3. We all saw Floyd playing around the whole time. He looked the least spent I've seen in a fight since I've followed his shit.

This was just a carny ass fight. Bless up to mcgregor for lasting so long. But the whole fight was predictable. A gawd knows where a mortal is gonna hit

If you want to give Conor credit for something, make it for actually coaxing Floyd out of retirement and making the fight happen. He gets kudos for that and for simply having the balls to face the best ever.

In the ring however? He did exactly as "well" as Floyd let him do.

JettDash

If you want to give Conor credit for something, make it for actually coaxing Floyd out of retirement and making the fight happen. He gets kudos for that and for simply having the balls to face the best ever.

Does it really take that much balls?

I would do it and I know I would get KO'd in the first round.

I don't know how much kudos he should get because to Floyd it was the lowest risk, highest reward fight that he could make and of all time.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Both did it just for money. Outcome was never in doubt. Snore. Great for them for getting paid.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
You mean some MMA fans trying to deligitimize Boxing and one of it's greatest fighters as MMA has grown as sport and popularity. Sure, there's a racial element in it.

No shit. The -375 PBF betting line against a 0-0 boxer says it all in that regard.

Ultimatum ignored? Cool.

It's just like i said when the fight was first announced, floyd came out of retirement because he knew this would be an easy fight for him and easy way to get that last win to hit 50-0.

I wish we could see a match with them in the octagon, but mayweather wouldn't sign that contract.

Hagi

Wow people get heated over this carny ass shit. I kind of wish I stayed up to watch this but watching it on youtube will suffice. Surprised McGregor lasted as long as he did but I guess that comes down to naivety on my part.

This is all anecdotal of course. But people got really heated when mcgregor got shitted on. And whats worse is that the one white guy at the party i was at got really aggressive about ethnicities once that punk lost.

variations of:

- the ref was black it's all biased
- he bought the match
- fight in an alley and may would lose 😂
- no honor, Connor at least took the fight seriously
' why is he always ducking and running away 😂😂😂

I'm so happy Floyd won. Not just for the sport but to piss on morons like this. Countless ignorant people who don't know what they are talking about

Ironic since Connor is Irish and Iriah people aren't exactly high on the white people totem pole. They were considered just as bad as blacks once no idea if that still rings true

JettDash

It's just like i said when the fight was first announced, floyd came out of retirement because he knew this would be an easy fight for him and easy way to get that last win to hit 50-0.

I wish we could see a match with them in the octagon, but mayweather wouldn't sign that contract.

And more importantly, $300m.

Maxim726X

Mayweather wanted to make it a show, too, don't forget... He stood toe to toe with him because he promised people he would stand in and out punch him, which certainly isn't his style.

BibiMaghoo

Connor did much, much better than I thought he would. I have real respect for that. You could see times when he really had to stop himself from doing things that would be cool in an MMA fight, and when someone is beating on your head, that has to be hard.

Mayweather is so fast though, fuck. Some of those shots you couldn't see his arms come out at all, just the strike. Crazy fast.

I wanted Floyd to win but the fact that he had to incorporate a gameplan relying on fatigue is still respect in and of itself.

I'd actually be interested in Canelo McGregor

BlizzKrut

Banned
I'm old, white and don't watch boxing, what does "download" mean in this context?

He basically was getting to understand the usual tactics Connor was pulling off and reacting accordingly to them, basically knowing what he would do next, knowing what tricks he had up his sleeve and beating him with that information.

jugo

Neo Member
Just watched the fight.

Now, I've tried a couple of different martial arts over the years. BJJ, boxing, shoot whatever. And I've had the opportunity to spar with some good strikers and roll with some bjj black belts. While I might have looked competitive to the casual observer, these guys where just being nice, letting me dictate the pace so I could get some time in. If they wanted, they could have ended it in seconds.

I might be completely off but the fight gave me the same feeling. Floyd let Conor dictate the pace at the beginning, but he was never in any danger. Once he decides to pick up the pace the fight is essentially over. These guys could fight 100 times and I see Floyd winning every single time.

Top Bottom