• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Floyd Mayweather vs Conor McGregor - Saturday August 26th |OT| FOOK / YEAAAH

sam777

Lol, and all his shoes have lifts in them.

Conor clearly just playing mind games with Floyd though. He looks ripped up. It's amazing how gaunt Conor looks right now though. He's gonna fill up overnight though.

Ye he will be 167 pounds minimum by tomorrow night.

jett

D-Member
So what's the point of these weigh-ins when some fighters will put back on 15-20 pounds the next day?

Why do they keep booing Floyd? Must be demoralizing as a mofo.

He's the heel. Audience isn't smark enough.

am i using these terms correctly

Calderc

Conor has looked far worse than that after weight cuts

Yeah, he looks like a zombie at 145. Not the angle i'm coming from though. I'm not saying Conor's bad or good or whatever weight cut will have a bearing on the fight, but you can legit die from a bad one and doing it long term is just horrible for you. And considering Conor still thinks he's the 145 champion he's gonna have to go there again.

Not too different from any of his other weight-ins at all. It would be different if he weren't doing that.
Never really seen any of connors weight-ins, so good to know that's what he's usually like.

Mayweather looks in dam good shape, hope
I look like that at 40 lol

Macattk15

I like Paulie's eye heavily make-up'ed but can still see the black eye and popped blood vessels in that lil segment.

Where'd that come from Paulie?

Tekniqs

Maidana was 165
Canelo was 167

The weight difference doesn't mean anything.

plus I don't see Conor's weight playing into it in terms of wearing Floyd down by laying on him/grinding him down along the ropes. He's not that type of fighter.

Both of the, look good. Floyd is going to school McGregor tomorrow.

Probably Canelo at 168 - 170.

i was thinking Canelo but I don't recall that they showed a fight night weight

Euphor!a

Banned
He was sucking down that water like he's on the Walking Dead. That shit must have tasted good.

Conor reminded me of Oscar De La Hoya when he weighed in for the Pacquiao fight.

Yes, it is called cutting weight, jesus christ, have you seen a single fighter cut weight in the history of combat sports? Guess what, they all drink water after weigh-in, god you are hilarious.

kikiribu

Conor seemed to be acting different? Seemed more pissed and aggressive than usual?
He probably finally realizes how unhealthy he looks cutting that much weight and Floyd made him feel insecure when he laughed at him. The moment Conor gave his side to the camera I thought I was looking at a walking stick.

Floyd looked shredded as always, and Conor called him bloated to make himself feel better.

sytadel

Floyd is positively angry, he's going for the KO early. He'll win, which round i'd say 4 or 5. Should be fascinating.

Oriel

PaddyPower is getting ripped right now

Good. They've always been a fucking national embarrassment with their faux Oirish bolloxology and piss-taking publicity stunts. It's as if Irisb companies can't be grow up and mature on the world stage. Ryan fucking air is the very same.

People need to stop with the "unorthodox" shit when most people just bring up clinching, rabbit punches and stuff like that. Its not new to boxing and throwing punches from crazy angles isn't either. It sounds like some of you should just watch Hajime No Ippo instead of this fight.

wuts ippo

Beefy

DIG9qiGXoAAmIRM

https://twitter.com/paddypower/status/901209945185689600

So many snake replies ��

darscot

I'm not even going down this path of stupidity. It is not true, yes it's dangerous and its getting carried away and they need to address it. It is not the single biggest danger in combat sports. People have been dieing and getting life changing injuries in the combat arena for centuries. I can read and you post is not what any of those articles state.

Top Bottom