• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Floyd Mayweather vs Conor McGregor - Saturday August 26th |OT| FOOK / YEAAAH

Syder

I've been watching professional boxing for the last 30 years, son. I don't care what he did in the past or what other fighters do, I am saying he looked weight drained today. He looked lethargic today. He looked pale in the face today. He reminded me of De La Hoya when he was weight drained against Pacquiao.

Who tf are you to tell me what my own eyes saw?
I respect that you've been watching boxing for a long time, so have I, but I've been watching MMA for a long time too. Trust me, Conor looking 'lethargic' or whatever at this weigh-in is irrelevant. He is one of the best weight-cutters I've ever seen in UFC. The man can look scary thin at a weigh-in and is looking great by the time the fight comes around. I often wonder how long he can keep this up.

This shouldn't be the debate anyway.

The important thing today was how Mayweather looked, and the man has not missed a beat.
Code:
[I]2 years ago[/I]
[IMG]http://cdn.newsday.com/polopoly_fs/1.10834959.1442028736!/httpImage/image.JPG_gen/derivatives/display_960/image.JPG[/IMG]
Code:
[I]Tonight[/I]
[IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DIHCf3xVoAAAmCu.jpg[/IMG]
This is bad for Conor.

No you do not. Did Mayweather cut weight, its just math. Both fighters are risking brain injury but only one cut weight. How can the weight cut be the biggest danger, its silly.

And because Conor had to cut weight for the fight he is engaged in riskier behavior.....

Euphor!a

Banned
The only people I've seen drink water as soon as they step off of the scale are fighters who are weight drained/dehydrated. Why the fuck are arguing with me , we are saying the same thing.

Fighters who needed to cut weight before a weigh in rid their body of all extra fluids. You said he is doing this and I am saying he looks like he is doing this, why argue?

Because you are making this statement presumably because you feel it is unusual, because if you're not then it is not worth stating to begin with. Otherwise you are just saying the obvious: Guy who cut weight looks like he cut weight. But it isn't unusual, he looks the same as he does for any other weigh-in.

Calderc

You suck at Maths and its time to just let this thread move on.

I have yet to see you bring any maths to the table for me to prove my suckability.

You also have multiple other people telling you you're wrong as fuck so if you wanna sulk off it's cool man.

bqVmyQB.gif

YQomFGL.gif

0uiCrkx.gif

RabVJau.gif
Conor really thinks his meth addict bullshit it's going to phase a guy who's 49-0?

Yaari

I don't see Conor lasting very long while taking bodyshots throughout the fight though. He'll get the wind taken out of him quickly.

I've been watching professional boxing for the last 30 years, son. I don't care what he did in the past or what other fighters do, I am saying he looked weight drained today. He looked lethargic today. He looked pale in the face today. He reminded me of De La Hoya when he was weight drained against Pacquiao.

Who tf are you to tell me what my own eyes saw?

Weigh in
Conor-McGregor-weight-cut-1.jpg

Nek minit
db5d3f91016edaa0e691593ff10de6db

darscot

I have yet to see you bring any maths to the table for me to prove my suckability.

You aldo have multiple either people telling you you're wrong as fuck so if you wanna sulk it's cool man.

Dude I don't care how many people that cant add tell me my math is wrong. Lets just agree to disagree and move on.

thefro

Conor really thinks his meth addict bullshit it's going to phase a guy who's 49-0?

Floyd actually did seem kinda pissed in the interview after the weigh-in, so I think it worked.

He was also shook enough to put his shoes with lifts on for the stare down.

Because you are making this statement presumably because you feel it is unusual, because if you're not then it is not worth stating to begin with. Otherwise you are just saying the obvious: Guy who cut weight looks like he cut weight. But it isn't unusual, he looks the same as he does for any other weigh-in.

And it could have been addressed this way the first time but you came attacking me like you feel some kind of way. I didn't know it was illegal to post my opinion on GAF.

Did anybody hear Floyd saying that this will be also Conors last fight?

What did he mean by this?

:( hold me tight
Making he's talking about boxing then again it could be for UFC as well.

Conor made 15M for his last fight in the UFC. He's making 100 tomorrow night. That's 7 UFC fights in 1 go.

I wouldn't fault him at all for calling it a career.

Podge293

Paddy power. Their PR department is just on fire.

They go through these phases were people come out say "rawr rawr I'm leaving PP" they'll be back betting with them before the fight

Weigh in
Conor-McGregor-weight-cut-1.jpg

Nek minit
db5d3f91016edaa0e691593ff10de6db

I know, I've seen this picture a million times and watched that fight live. I know he can move up and down in weight and still dominate in MMA. This isn't his typical fight though, this is the biggest fight of his career and it's a Boxing match that last 36 minutes.

I read the rumors that he was having weight issues 2 days ago but heard him say the rumors were bullshit. I thought what I saw and was posting about was a valid point as he said himself he didn't have a weight issue. I'll just shut up though, this clearly isn't getting anywhere.

Have a good weekend, I know I will.

I know, I've seen this picture a million times and watched that fight live. I know he can move up and down in weight and still dominate in MMA. This isn't his typical fight though, this is the biggest fight of his career and it's a Boxing match that last 36 minutes.

I read the rumors that he was having weight issues 2 days ago but heard him say the rumors were bullshit. I thought what I saw and was posting about was a valid point as he said himself he didn't have a weight issue. I'll just shut up though, this clearly isn't getting anywhere.

Have a good weekend, I know I will.
All it shows to me is his muscle mass must have increased considering his last 155 fight was a comfortable weigh in for him and this looks like he did have to dehydrate more.

Haines

Banned
This feels like the biggest sham in sports history.

But rich people love new ways to spend there money (shameless)

I'm laughing at anyone who thinks the visibility of abs correlates to overall core strength. So how else are you defining it if not based on pics?
I'm not talking about abs for fuck's sake. I'm talking about thickness. Strength and thickness are different things and in boxing, it matters.

Floyd actually did seem kinda pissed in the interview after the weigh-in, so I think it worked.

He was also shook enough to put his shoes with lifts on for the stare down.

You are delusional, this is nothing new to floyd. If anything conor looks extremely nervous so animated, moving a lot is usually signs of nervousness.

Drey1082

I never bet on sports. As someone who's seen quite a few mayweather fights, I am so extremely tempted. The odds are insane and this seems to be the most sure thing I've ever seen in sports betting. If mayweather doesn't win this would be crazier than USA vs russia in hockey or Michigan vs. Appalachian state in college football.

You're out of your mind. If he lost to Diaz a second time his hype would have died. There would have been no 2nd champsionship belt or Mayweather fight.

He had everything to lose.
He rarely puts himself in a situation where he has much to lose(hence never defending a title once).
If he lost again, he could just claim it was the weight class.
His hype wouldn't have died off.

kikiribu

He rarely puts himself in a situation where he has much to lose(hence never defending a title once).
Correct.

If he lost again, he could just claim it was the weight class.
Which is exactly what he did after the first fight. All that bragging about "eating special steak for breakfast lunch and dinner" and got destroyed and brought to actual tears by a vegan.

And you and others like you will find any excuse to discredit the man.

And his zealots would forget all about it like they do with the initial loss today. Hell, the second fight wasn't impressive at all either, Diaz was teeing off on him again but the second time he got his second wind and scraped out a victory.

BSsBrolly

Banned
And his zealots would forget all about it like they do with the initial loss today. Hell, the second fight wasn't impressive at all either, Diaz was teeing off on him again but the second time he got his second wind and scraped out a victory.

He almost ko'd Diaz twice in that fight. I guy known for an amazing chin, his only TKO coming from a head kick.

Top Bottom