• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Floyd Mayweather vs Conor McGregor - Saturday August 26th |OT| FOOK / YEAAAH

FTF

Remember kids:

FLOYD WINS

Conor fans: FOOK FLOYD MAYWEATHA IN A REAL FIGHT HE'D BE DEAD IN TREE SECONDS

Floyd fans: lol what a joke, was obvious conor didn't stand a chance.

CONOR WINS

Conor fans: FOOK YEAH FOOK FLOYD MAYWEATHA

Floyd fans: lol what a joke, dude's 40 and has been retired for 2 years. was obvious he was going to lose and just here for the pay day.

ha, pretty accurate...though I'd change the Floyd excuse if Conor wins to: It's a complete sham, farce and con and they are just setting up 2 more fights so Mayweather can become a billionaire.

commedieu

Banned
Remember kids:

FLOYD WINS

Conor fans: FOOK FLOYD MAYWEATHA IN A REAL FIGHT HE'D BE DEAD IN TREE SECONDS

Floyd fans: lol what a joke, was obvious conor didn't stand a chance.

CONOR WINS

Conor fans: FOOK YEAH FOOK FLOYD MAYWEATHA

Floyd fans: lol what a joke, dude's 40 and has been retired for 2 years. was obvious he was going to lose and just here for the pay day.

It's true though. Thats why this is a freak show.

He's taking on a 40 year old man, and Conor is at his prime. That can't be forgotten. So after he wins, he's got to take on a boxer at their prime. Ufc/wbc could job this into a work for all the marks. This could be good for boxing.

Marks!

kodecraft

Y'all hate on Malignaggi but I'm interested in if the fight plays out the way describes it.

Floyd walking Conor down from the start, applying mental pressure. Fight not ending the fight quickly because Floyd isn't a one punch guy. Conor not having alot of answers and variations in the ring. Conor will hold and pull Floyd's head down, the referee will be busy and constantly breaking the two apart which kills the action. The crowd will boo because of this and the fight may be a snooze fest.

I can't argue here with Paulie. If it plays out like this, book it that people will come in here complaining about the PPV money they spent. Real fans for both sports know how it goes in the aftermath.

Let's go !

Y'all hate on Malignaggi but I'm interested in of the fight plays out the way describes it.

Floyd walking Conor down from the start, applying mental pressure. Fight not ending quickly because Floyd isn't a one punch guy. Conor not having alot off answers and variations in the ring. Conor will hold and pull Floyd's head down, the referee will be busy and constantly breaking the two apart which kills the action. The crowd will boo because of this and the fight may be a snooze fest.

I can't argue here with Paulie. If it plays out like this, book it that people will come in here complaining about the PPV money they spent. Real fans for both sports know how it goes in the aftermath.

Let's go !

Paulie said Conor used a lot of wrestling / clinch fighting during their sparring. I expect the exact same here.

Conor is planning on trying to be as physical as possible

kodecraft

Paulie said Conor used a lot of wrestling / clinch fighting during their sparring. I expect the exact same here.

Conor is planning on trying to be as physical as possible

He can be as physical as possible, just expect the ref to step in alot breaking the action. We forget that Conor looks best when he isn't removed from the attack. I expect the ref to earn his check tonight. Crowd boos because they want a barbaric show.

He can be as physical as possible, just expect the ref to step in alot breaking the action. We forget that Conor looks best when he isn't removed from the attack. I expect the ref to earn his check tonight. Crowd boos because they want a barbaric show.

Oh I agree, I expect the ref to be involved A LOT (if things are going the way Conor wants). That's the main reason the McGregor camp had Joe Cortez there. Not to "teach him the rules", more to measure how much they can get away with. Conor and John Kavanaugh have pretty much both said as much.

dh4niel

Half of me wants to see McGregor deliver on his shit talking the other half wants me to see him get his shit kicked in because of it. Haha.

kodecraft

Oh I agree, I expect the ref to be involved A LOT (if things are going the way Conor wants). That's the main reason the McGregor camp had Joe Cortez there. Not to "teach him the rules", more to measure how much they can get away with. Conor and John Kavanaugh have pretty much both said as much.

I know about this. Cortez also deducted points from Conor too in those sessions. Tonight those points will be official.

Don't be surprised to see a bunch of know-nothings coming in here complaining about the rules in boxing being boring and how they just want to see two guys murder each other with clubs because it's more entertaining.

Don't be surprised to see a bunch of know-nothings coming in here complaining about the rules in boxing being boring and how they just want to see two guys murder each other with clubs because it's more entertaining.

A ton of MMA fans are going to be watching this. There will absolutely be a lot of people complaining the rules are "too safe"

kodecraft

This is what I'm saying. This will be the most cringing thing to read and hear about after this fight. Alot casuals in here and around town will talk about boxing in a negative light. Saying things like "why didn't the ref just let them fight fuuucck !!! ?"

this was right after an open workout for ufc 205.
this wasn't at a basketball game, the media is there to watch him train. Every fighter on that card worked out on the basketball floor befor they put an UFC octagon in it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hq_mew81BG0

UFC 205 was at MSG (where the Knicks "play").

But he was the only one that took the shot, horrible form and all and made it.

I remember Eddie saying that no one told him to take the shot. No one had to tell Conor and that's why he's the champ and now is gonna conquer boxing as well.

A ton of MMA fans are going to be watching this. There will absolutely be a lot of people complaining the rules are "too safe"

Let's be real. Most MMA fighters don't even understand the technical aspect of MMA so expecting them to understand boxing is asking for a lot. I say that as a fan of both who have to listen to other people have surface level conversations about any fight.

But he was the only one that took the shot, horrible form and all and made it.

I remember Eddie saying that no one told him to take the shot. No one had to tell Conor and that's why he's the champ and now is gonna conquer boxing as well.
Lol, my daughter can make that shot, with better form, and she's not a professional athlete. Let's not get carried away here.

I have been enjoying the salt, in my head, for weeks now.

There isn't going to be all that much salt if / when Conor loses. Outside of his extreme die hards most people think this is a very very up hill battle to win. I'm rooting for McGregor HARD and I still fully expect Floyd to not only win but finish him. I think most MMA / Conor fans expect him to lose

Wait sodoes the actual fight betwee Floyd and Conor start at 9pm EST or sometime within the 2 hours after that? Like which fighters walk into the ring at 9pm EST.

Conor... fucking auto correct.

There isn't going to be all that much salt if / when Conor loses. Outside of his extreme die hards most people think this is a very very up hill battle to win. I'm rooting for McGregor HARD and I still fully expect Floyd to not only win but finish him. I think most MMA / Conor fans expect him to lose

No check earlier in this thread and youtube, a lot actually think conor will win.

Forward

Have you ever encountered White Middle-America?

You might be surprised at the comedic value, hidden underneath the layers of two terms of Bush, and the current administration of Agent Orange.

Anth0ny

expect a lot of "woooooow mayweather's such a bitch all he did was run away"

in other words, the same general sentiment after every mayweather victory lol

kodecraft

expect a lot of "woooooow mayweather's such a bitch all he did was run away"

in other words, the same general sentiment after every mayweather victory lol

Mayweather isn't up against a boxer so I don't expect him to use too much movement or "running". It's funny how people say running away but he's in a ring. Not much running you can do. If he's so called running then catch his ass.

Mayweather isn't up against a boxer so I don't expect him to use too much movement or "running". It's funny how people say running away but he's in a ring. Not much running you can do. If he's so called running then catch his ass.

Yeah I think Floyd will for sure get aggressive at some point in the fight. I just wonder if he goes hard early or waits a few rounds first.

it's also funny that the people who claim he's "running" have no answer for the fact that Floyd often out punches/lands his opponents.

Anth0ny

Casuals. They expect this:

tumblr_m44sfq9q4W1qbvnpqo1_400.gif

Anything that's not that is running.

Lol, my daughter can make that shot, with better form, and she's not a professional athlete. Let's not get carried away here.

Yes, but in front of a hundred reporters with clearly very little basketball experience and you only get 1 shot or you get ridiculed.

There's a reason no one else took it.

Don't be surprised to see a bunch of know-nothings coming in here complaining about how MMA fans would like to see fights to the death with lions and alligators put in the cage because they are barbarians.

Why leave it up to chance when you can control the outcome? There is so much money involved in a fight like this. It's fucking rigged lol

Top Bottom