• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Floyd Mayweather vs Conor McGregor - Saturday August 26th |OT| FOOK / YEAAAH

H1PSTER

Getting all his Irish fans to shout "fuck the Mayweathers" was cringeworthy. It seems like most of the MMA fans that attend these press conferences are just as trash as he is. There were children in Mayweather's group. Not the first time Conor talks about a fighter's family either. Like, if you're gonna trash talk for entertainment, keep it on Floyd, and try not make racist white on black stereotype comments like, "dance for me boy" and "you can't read."

"Dance for me boy" was the racist part, the "can't read" isn't racist...

https://www.reddit.com/r/Boxing/comments/35bnhu/is_it_true_that_floyd_mayweather_cant_read/

No seriously he can't

There's nothing racist about pointing out the truth in someone, he simply just can't read.

If I don't want to watch the other fights (and the hype reporting), what does that mean for me?

It depends on the other fights. It will probably be after 11EST, but I would start checking in at 10:30EST to be safe. The entrances alone for the main event are likely going to be 10-15 minutes of added nonsense.

Conor's gonna fake like he got eyepoked and when the ref is distracted OH NO IT'S THE BIG SHOW

KO PUNCH ON MAYWEATHER, REVENGE FOR WRESTLEMANIA

kittoo

Cretinously credulous
I have very little idea/interest in either boxing or MMA, but this hype train has got me interested. Lets go!!

(Though I understand no way in hell Conor wins).

Jindrax

Question guys: Connor was saying at the weigh in that by the fight that he was gonna be 170? How does he gain 7kgs in one day? Is he dehydrated to the max for the weigh in or something but still 7kg?

Syder

Question guys: Connor was saying at the weigh in that by the fight that he was gonna be 170? How does he gain 7kgs in one day? Is he dehydrated to the max for the weigh in or something but still 7kg?
All the weight lost in a weight cut is water. Which is why it's so dangerous because we're massive waterbags and our brains and major organs need that shit.

If nothing else, this fight will cement Conor's legacy as the man who has one of the largest schlongs in the world.

Really? If that had been a semi I've have been impressed, but for a full on erection... nah. I really doubt it's any more than 8 inches.

otapnam

Did u see him hit the sports drink immediately after the weigh in?

LMAO this is just too much

MM2c.png

beasty

Can you imagine if McGregor actually creates a scenario where Mayweather over extends on a strike and reacts with a clean left straight leading to ko in the first or second round. I would absolutely lose my mind.

Can you imagine if McGregor actually creates a scenario where Mayweather over extends on a strike and reacts with a clean left straight leading to ko in the first or second round. I would absolutely lose my mind.

It would absolutely be one of the biggest upsets and crazy moments in sports history

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast

I'm soooo tempted to put money on McGregor just because of thoughts like this. Been having them all week. LOL

Belker

I'm trying to decide whether I spend £20 on this or put it towards War of the Chosen.

I'd like to see what happens, but I suspect it'll be a bit boring. Whereas WOTC looks like it'll be exciting.

In the small chance Conor lands a KO, it's going to come off something dirty/semi-dirty.

Holding and hitting, hitting off a break, punches to the back of the head, something like that.

n0razi

I know Mayweather is going to win.

But honestly, who the fuck wouldn't love to see the clusterfuck if Conor actually won?

I said it before, his odds of winning are about on par with Mayweather slipping in the shower. But the meltdowns, salt, and everything would be glorious.

Kind of reminds me of the Hilary vs Trump predictions :(

Damn, I'm in Houston and catching all this residual rain from Harvey. Was throwing a fight party but of course that's cancelled. I'm just going to go to the belly of the beast and hit this Irish pub...Luckys. Seems the only place around me showing the fight that's open. Can't wait to talk shit.

When again has Mayweather done what you are describing in his career?

jm89

Rooting for conor just to see the meltdowns. Yeah i know it's not realistic but god will it be glorious.

Will be a typical boring Mayweather fight. Will go for typical 12 round. Conor will start strong but will lose steam by 2nd or 3rd round. Mayweather going to run circles with hit and run like he always does. And win by point.

Damn, I'm in Houston and catching all this residual rain from Harvey. Was throwing a fight party but of course that's cancelled. I'm just going to go to the belly of the beast and hit this Irish pub...Luckys. Seems the only place around me showing the fight that's open. Can't wait to talk shit.

Protect ya neck.

Anth0ny

Will be a typical boring Mayweather fight. Will go for typical 12 round. Conor will start strong but will lose steam by 2nd or 3rd round. Mayweather going to run circles with hit and run like he always does. And win by point.

Yup, expecting the same thing.

Or....

WIT 8 OUNCE GLOVES, KNOCK HIM OUT INSIDE TREE ROUNDS

Don't underestimate the demand on the body to go 12 rounds while taking shots.

This fight ends with a tko or KO.

Top Bottom