• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Floyd Mayweather vs Conor McGregor - Saturday August 26th |OT| FOOK / YEAAAH

BradC00

There isn't going to be all that much salt if / when Conor loses. Outside of his extreme die hards most people think this is a very very up hill battle to win. I'm rooting for McGregor HARD and I still fully expect Floyd to not only win but finish him. I think most MMA / Conor fans expect him to lose

a bunch of people say they think mayweather is going to win, but they REALLY REALLY REALLY want mcgregor to win. there will be plenty of salt.

a bunch of people say they think mayweather is going to win, but they REALLY REALLY REALLY want mcgregor to win.

Oh thats me included. I think Floyd is going to win but make no mistake I'm 100% rooting for Conor. Frankly I'd be rooting for any MMA fighter vs any Boxer just because I prefer MMA by a huge amount (though still enjoy Boxing).

The one legit weapon Conor has even by boxing standards is his straight left hand. Even many pro boxers this week have said that he does indeed throw the left straight very very well. But man its hard to win a fight when that is your one legit weapon in the ring (by boxing standards)

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
I'm not a betting man; but on the flip side, I've burned $100 on some pretty stupid shit in my life.

I've purchased a few lotto tickets here and there, which is arguably the biggest waste of money there is.

Just to make it more fun, I put $100 on McGreggor just now at +285. Figure at the very least it'll make me more engaged. And honestly, a ~5% chance to nearly triple my money seems good enough to me to do once every five years or so.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
a bunch of people think mayweather is going to win, but they want mcgregor to win. there will be plenty of salt.

I know Mayweather is going to win.

But honestly, who the fuck wouldn't love to see the clusterfuck if Conor actually won?

I said it before, his odds of winning are about on par with Mayweather slipping in the shower. But the meltdowns, salt, and everything would be glorious.

Hoo-doo

Banned
a bunch of people say they think mayweather is going to win, but they REALLY REALLY REALLY want mcgregor to win. there will be plenty of salt.

Ofcourse people are rooting for the upset.

I'm rooting my ass off for McGregor. I want the guy to win.
But like everyone else here I know that his odds are minuscule.

Dantrist

Yes, the upset that a McGregor win would cause would be so so sweet.
Of course there's no logical reason to believe Mayweather would lose, but that won't stop me from hoping.

I'd root for McGregor if he wasn't the type to resort to race baiting comments to sell a fight. Whether his actual beliefs or not, just can't cheer for a guy who resorts to those tactics.

As it is, I still wouldn't mind seeing him win and bust Floyd up, just so Floyd would get a little taste of the pain and humiliation he inflicted on all those women he abused.

But I'm a realist about this, and in the end Floyd will make his hundred million, get his 50th win and break Marciano's record, and ride off into the sunset. All that for beating a guy taking his first professional boxing match.

I'd root for McGregor if he wasn't the type to resort to race baiting comments to sell a fight. Whether his actual beliefs or not, just can't cheer for a guy who resorts to those tactics.

As it is, I still wouldn't mind seeing him win and bust Floyd up, just so Floyd would get a little taste of the pain and humiliation he inflicted on all those women he abused.

But I'm a realist about this, and in the end Floyd will make his hundred million, get his 50th win and break Marciano's record, and ride off into the sunset. All that for beating a guy taking his first professional boxing match.

The Power Of MMA though...

I'm not a betting man; but on the flip side, I've burned $100 on some pretty stupid shit in my life.

I've purchased a few lotto tickets here and there, which is arguably the biggest waste of money there is.

Just to make it more fun, I put $100 on McGreggor just now at +285. Figure at the very least it'll make me more engaged. And honestly, a ~5% chance to nearly triple my money seems good enough to me to do once every five years or so.

which site did you use? just curious (PM if not allowed please)

Rorschach

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWQe72dnMiA

After watching this video:

Pretty sure the doctors are scared for Mayweather. Especially after McGregor unearths his level 44 Dim Mak on Floyd

sb69-10.jpg

The ol' "you gotta rush 'im! You gotta brawl with 'im!" I'm sure no one has tried that against Mayweather before!

Neith

Banned
The only way really is if Conor gets a lucky shot in that just floors him. But I am thinking both teams are doing their homework, and Floyd is simply the much better boxer.

I despise both of these guys.

Milennia

this is me and like everyone in my vicinity

Mcgregor is just fun as hell to watch and im a fan, hes for sure who i want to win but its hard to say he will so i take the easy way out

Yes, but in front of a hundred reporters with clearly very little basketball experience and you only get 1 shot or you get ridiculed.

There's a reason no one else took it.
Lol, you think he gave a damn whether he missed it or not? What was at stake? He's an MMA fighter; what kind of ridicule would he get? That doesn't translate into him being some celestial being.

Whoever wins, this has been a huge waste of time and nonsense. We may even get a tweet from Trump after this.
Eh, I don't mind it. If anything, it's a great distraction from the dumpster fire that is Trump. A good excuse to get the fellas together for some beers and grub.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I'm rooting for Conor, with some heavy caveats.

1. I always root for the underdog in a match in which I have no personal investment. Always.
2. I root for Conor based on the assumption that the race baiting is just clumsy marketing and communication. If it's real then no.
3. Conor is going to get his face pounded and lose quickly. If he doesn't, it's a fix.
4. A rematch only happens if it's really close or Conor wins. If either of those - it's a Fix.
5. It's boxing so expect fuckery of the highest order.

Mesousa

Banned
I'm aware of Floyd's actions as well, doesn't excuse or justify Conor being a racist POS. There is no good good guy in this fight, I disagree that everyone should want McGregor to win.

Somebody is going to have to win though. You kind of have to pick your poison when watching.

I mean, do we really need to drag out every bad thing these guys have done in this thread? We've been there, done that. It's fight night, either watch or don't watch.
Its why everybody would cheer for McGregor. He is a smug POS, but anybody who has ever known an abused woman will find it hard to read that report , and cheer for money.

True. Mayweather is a huge piece of shit. He deserves to get embarrassed and then fade into obscurity. I'd gladly contribute toward Conor's legal fees if he were to put his shin upside Floyd's dome.

Mcgregor is a racist piece of shit too. There's no winning here when it comes to character.

kikiribu

Fuck the racist
Getting all his Irish fans to shout "fuck the Mayweathers" was cringeworthy. It seems like most of the MMA fans that attend these press conferences are just as trash as he is. There were children in Mayweather's group. Not the first time Conor talks about a fighter's family either. Like, if you're gonna trash talk for entertainment, keep it on Floyd, and try not make racist white on black stereotype comments like, "dance for me boy" and "you can't read."

I'm rooting for Conor, with some heavy caveats.

1. I always root for the underdog in a match in which I have no personal investment. Always.
2. I root for Conor based on the assumption that the race baiting is just clumsy marketing and communication. If it's real then no.
3. Conor is going to get his face pounded and lose quickly. If he doesn't, it's a fix.
4. A rematch only happens if it's really close or Conor wins. If either of those - it's a Fix.
5. It's boxing so expect fuckery of the highest order.

A rematch will happen if Conor gets frustrated and pulls an MMA move thus getting disqualified. They will get three fights out of this.

HariKari

A rematch will happen if Conor gets frustrated and pulls an MMA move thus getting disqualified. They will get three fights out of this.

I expect something like this to happen, like an elbow or whatever. If the desired outcome is more money, boxing provides for plenty of fuckery.

Top Bottom