• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Floyd Mayweather vs Conor McGregor - Saturday August 26th |OT| FOOK / YEAAAH

Damn, I'm in Houston and catching all this residual rain from Harvey. Was throwing a fight party but of course that's cancelled. I'm just going to go to the belly of the beast and hit this Irish pub...Luckys. Seems the only place around me showing the fight that's open. Can't wait to talk shit.

Sounds like 'Suicide by Irish' to me. Stay safe dude

Can anyone clarify what time roughly in the UK is the main even due to start. Trying to decide whether to stay up or wake up early. Away in Glasgow for a few days which is making things awkward for watching this.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
"I'm a money fighter"

Says a 16 year old looking kid who's never probably thrown a punch in his life. I'm actually cringing.

That said wtf was old as Senior doing picking fights with random kids lol, people should be probably looking out for him

"Element of surprise" you don't know! :p

Haribi

Why isn't there a Star Wars RPG? And wouldn't James Bond make for a pretty good FPS?
When will the actual fight start? I've read 3am, 5am and 6am CET. Need to set my alarm correctly.

Tekniqs

I think I've seen Floyd vs Hatton 20 times by now but going to watch it again. My all time fave build for a fight

that's my favorite Floyd fight. photobooth fight. People always complain that Cortez didn't let Hatton fight his fight but he only broke them early in the first 2 rds and most of the 3rd rd. At the end of the 3rd, he let them fight their fights. Floyd beat Hatton in Hatton's own style.

Then...

...(Broken glass)...

IIIIIIFFFFFF YOU SMEEEEELLLLLLL

Thewonandonly

Just had a conversation with a co worker of mine who's like 17, so I wasn't going to argue back and stuff.

But basically I asked him who he is rooting for. He says Mcgregor rooting for the underdog I understand that but I still ask why?

He says and I will repeat "I feel like mayweather is all bark" I just reply back huh allright then he walks away. Like whaaaat haha

Drey1082

Just had a conversation with a co worker of mine who's like 17, so I wasn't going to argue back and stuff.

But basically I asked him who he is rooting for. He says Mcgregor rooting for the underdog I understand that but I still ask why?

He says and I will repeat "I feel like mayweather is all bark" I just reply back huh allright then he walks away. Like whaaaat haha

All bark?! 49-0! This is why mayweather is getting the odds he is.

Valhelm

contribute something
Floyd is a big Trump supporter but Trump voters want McGregor to win cause he's white

who the hell do I root for

Floyd is a big Trump supporter but Trump voters want McGregor to win cause he's white

who the hell do I root for

Hope that Floyd embarrasses Conor with a first round KO, Mcgregor regains his composure only for him to become enraged and flying knee Floyd in the head seconds before the ring collapses and the TV cameras go offline.

feel

t1503795600z1.png

Sorry if this has already been clarified, but is this the countdown to the actual fight or to the beginning of the tv transmission with the actual fight starting an hour or two later?

edit- IGNORE THIS, answered in this same page

Euphor!a

Banned
Sorry if this has already been clarified, but is this the countdown to the actual fight or to the beginning of the tv transmission with the actual fight starting an hour or two later?

The actual fight will be in around 6 hours and 15 minutes depending on how the other fights go.

TraBuch

Banned
Mayweather's gonna win and all, but let's say hypothetically McGregor pulled it off, is there anyone out there that wouldn't think it was fixed?

Conor is kind of racist though

I don't think so. He's gotten pretty on the edge with selling fights, but I don't get the vibe he's actually racist at all.

Still shitty but its always seemed like a promotional tool more than anything. And if we are gonna bring up "who to root for in terms of how bad they are" Floyd has been openly racist, sexist, homophobic, and beaten women in front of their children. It's literally no contest there on who is the more shitty person.

JettDash

Mayweather's gonna win and all, but let's say hypothetically McGregor pulled it off, is there anyone out there that wouldn't think it was fixed?

I think the fight being fixed is more likely than McGregor legitimately winning.

Still very small chance though.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
More than any other fight unfortunately, Floyd is going to get his due about being as good as he is because he's going to have a lot of people who have shit talked him, but actually never watched him fight, leave stunned by how good he is.

TraBuch

Banned
More than any other fight unfortunately, Floyd is going to get his due about being as good as he is because he's going to have a lot of people who have shit talked him, but actually never watched him fight, leave stunned by how good he is.
Naw, those people will complain about how boring he is.

jm89

I wouldn't. I don't see Mayweather ever agreeing to a fixed match(specially one that he loses) so not really an excuse if he lost.

They should alternate between boxing and MMA each round.

Floyd would never agree to even that, because 1 MMA round is quite literally all Conor would need to win.

Floyd has never defended a takedown in his life or grappled a day in his life in BJJ. Those aren't even Conor's strengths but he would run through him in minutes on the floor

Zuk

Neo Member
Is it against the rules for Conner to feign a knee, kick, or elbow to try and scare Floyd or throw him off?

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
Oh man, no people are gonna start saying fix if McGregor wins? This is gonna be one entertaining day no matter what happens.

Top Bottom