• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Floyd Mayweather vs Conor McGregor - Saturday August 26th |OT| FOOK / YEAAAH

Perfect scenario would be Mayweather getting layed out in first round with a lucky punch, demanding a rematch and McGregor saying that the only way he gets a rematch is coming into the octagon.

TraBuch

Banned
Honestly, they should just cancel this fight and make it a wrestling match. Then we get a run-in from a bunch of boxers, and then a run-in from a bunch of MMA fighters and after a DQ is called, they schedule a boxing vs MMA Survivor Series match in November.

Big money.

Zuk

Neo Member
Way to give away Conor's winning strategy
I'm asking out of genuine curiosity. I don't really see Conner putting himself in a position to win by legitimately boxing with Floyd so pulling some kind of fuckery and hoping to get a lucky pop is the only way I see him winning. Is it against the rules?

Only way Mayweather finishes McGregor is by excessive body shots and Ref has no choice but to stop it.

Fight will be interesting for 2/3 rounds MAYBE then it's all Mayweather winning each round by evasion and landing 3 or 4 clean shots

gogogow

Floyd would never agree to even that, because 1 MMA round is quite literally all Conor would need to win.

Floyd has never defended a takedown in his life or grappled a day in his life in BJJ. Those aren't even Conor's strengths but he would run through him in minutes on the floor

It's pretty crazy when you think about it. Conor actually feels comfortable using BJJ and would initiate the takedown in his early career before joining the UFC. The last time he went for takedowns was against Max Holloway, but that was because his knee was injured during the fight. After that Conor never went for takedowns again.

TraBuch

Banned
I'll say one thing about CM Punk, he took a lot of punches and didn't give up.

I think. I can't actually remember that "fight" very well.

Only way Mayweather finishes McGregor is by excessive body shots and Ref has no choice but to stop it.

Fight will be interesting for 2/3 rounds MAYBE then it's all Mayweather winning each round by evasion and landing 3 or 4 clean shots

Conor's been hurt badly by the volume punching of Nate Diaz. Floyd will be stinging him at will and Conor won't see the punches coming.

Either Floyd gets a stoppage from sheer accumulation, or if he decides to sit down on his punches stops Conor inside two.

RulkezX

My friends who only watch UFC are saying foolish things with their "predictions". They're about to get humbled tonight after Floyd wins.

My Facebook is a fucking mess. Same idiots who had Rousey beating Mayweather now think the guy who Nate Diaz out punched is somehow going to knock out Floyd.

My friends who only watch UFC are saying foolish things with their "predictions". They're about to get humbled tonight after Floyd wins.

Nah they won't. If they really delude themselves into thinking that Conor winning will be anything less than miraculous, they are good enough at mental gymnastics to avoid any sort of humbling.

3Sixty

Can't wait for this to all be over. Bored of hearing about it non stop.

Floyd with a comfortable mid-early KO and we can all get back to our lives.

This has got to be the weirdest comment out of all of them. The who point of sports entertainment is to take us above our daily lives. Why is going back to your 9-5 on Monday an improvement? lol

Speely

Banned

Just hope it isn't fixed. We are all in for years of this if it is.

Edit: I find the spectacle entertaining.

Chesskid1

Banned
guys make sure to preorder it if you can

at the press conference, they said systems could be overwhelmed and stuff so it's good to buy it early and secure your order

Drey1082

They should alternate between boxing and MMA each round.
One suggestion I heard which I think would be the best.

Starts out pure boxing for the first seven rounds. After that MMA. That would be amazingly fun to watch. Because you know Floyd would actually be busting his ass those first seven rounds. And if past that, oh boy.

Chesskid1

Banned
@arielhelwani 12m12 minutes ago

For all those asking: McGregor/Mayweather won't walk to the ring before 11:15 pm ET, according to multiple sources. Plan accordingly.

Of course, if undercard goes long, they could walk later, but again, no sooner than 11:15 pm ET / 4:15 am GMT / 8:15 pm PT, per sources.

Top Bottom