• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

football thread 13/14 |ot12| last roll of the dive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rikkun

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3sQAknXApQ

:(

trezeguet-o.gif
Teary eyes. Love you Treze <3
riabraccia.

THAT MEANS HUG!

It must.

I know it in my genes.

Re-Hugs! Yes!

Meier

Mike Summerbee has explained why the atmosphere at the Etihad falls a little flat at times.

“Someone said to me at a match the other day that it was very quiet and that the crowd weren't making much noise.

“I told them it was because they were in awe of what they were watching. I was in awe."

:lol That's a brilliant answer.

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
Question: in American sports the away team is always listed first and the home team is listed second, as in Team A vs (at) Team B. I've been watching some Premiere League and it seems like they might do it the opposite way? Can anybody speak to how teams are ordered when a matchup is listed in other parts of the world?

I've noticed because I keep being like "that's an awful lot of fans for the visiting team" lol

Linius

FIFA comebacks feel so good. Was 2-0 down to Leverkussen in a seasons game and came out on top at 4-2. Draxler hattrick in the second half :D

bud

Question: in American sports the away team is always listed first and the home team is listed second, as in Team A vs (at) Team B. I've been watching some Premiere League and it seems like they might do it the opposite way? Can anybody speak to how teams are ordered when a matchup is listed in other parts of the world?

I've noticed because I keep being like "that's an awful lot of fans for the visiting team" lol

it's like that in every (european) football league.

the home team is always listed first.

Milan has some cheap prices for the Coppa Italia match vs Spezia next week. 6 euros is the cheapest (and I'd be right where I was in the CL group), 55 is the most expensive one. And I'd get to sit really close to Galliani. The rest are either 11 euros or 27. Too bad I'd be alone, having a game beginning at 6pm on a Wednesday wasn't the brightest idea ever.

Linius

Milan has some cheap prices for the Coppa Italia match vs Spezia next week. 6 euros is the cheapest (and I'd be right where I was in the CL group), 55 is the most expensive one. And I'd get to sit really close to Galliani. The rest are either 11 euros or 27. Too bad I'd be alone, having a game beginning at 6pm on a Wednesday wasn't the brightest idea ever.

In what division does Spezia play? Sounds like the kind of game nobody would really want to visit anyways :p

Oh you're still playing 13? That was the best FIFA in recent years.

Yeah, I really like it. Have been playing seasons from time to time since the release back in 2012.

Linius

Serie B.

But but but Honda :(

I'm paying 20 euros to see Ajax - Feyenoord for the cup. That's like the game of games over here. And not even in bad seats. If I wanted to sit near De Boer it would have cost me around 70 euros though.

And I'm wondering what Honda can bring to Milan. Still half a season to go, top four isn't impossible.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

What about Allegri though? Do you get paid to sit next to him?

I'm paying 20 euros to see Ajax - Feyenoord for the cup. That's like the game of games over here. And not even in bad seats. If I wanted to sit near De Boer it would have cost me around 70 euros though.

And I'm wondering what Honda can bring to Milan. Still half a season to go, top four isn't impossible.

Milan lowered the prices that much mostly because: 1) the last Coppa Italia games at San Siro had around 15k-20k people there, so they're trying everything they can to sell more tickets, 2) it's Spezia, if it were Juve or Inter they would've cost much more, 3) Honda first game at San Siro, they need to have the stadium as full as possible, so they can showcase the "Milan brand" fully and 4) a Coppa Italia game, on Wednesday, at 6pm.

I think Honda will help us a lot, especially if he can get used to Kakà and Balotelli. Imho the CL spot is too distant at this point, playing EL next year would be good enough (mostly for the money), Allegri and the team should just focus on that. Also, considering that we probably won't beat Atletico, EL is really something that we can achieve (and we'd get that either by ending 4th or 5th in Serie A or winning the Coppa Italia). If we don't lose points like we did during the past four months, that is.
What about Allegri though? Do you get paid to sit next to him?
I'd pay double just to smack him in the head once.

Linius

Milan lowered the prices that much mostly because: 1) the last Coppa Italia games at San Siro had around 15k-20k people there, so they're trying everything they can to sell more tickets, 2) it's Spezia, if it were Juve or Inter they would've cost much more, 3) Honda first game at San Siro, they need to have the stadium as full as possible, so they can showcase the "Milan brand" fully.

I think Honda will help us a lot, especially if he can get used to Kakà and Balotelli. Imho the CL spot is too distant at this point, playing EL next year would be good enough (mostly for the money), Allegri and the team should just focus on that. Also, considering that we probably won't beat Atletico, EL is really something that we can achieve (and we'd get that either by ending 4th or 5th in Serie A or winning the Coppa Italia). If we don't lose points like we did during the past four months, that is.

You get absolutely shit in the EL. If you miss out on CL it doesn't really matter if you play EL for money. Not to you guys anyways. Maybe small clubs in our league like Utrecht or Groningen would profit from the EL because it means a little extra income and sold out stadiums. But for clubs who usually play CL and play European games every season anyways it's utter shit.

You get absolutely shit in the EL. If you miss out on CL it doesn't really matter if you play EL for money. Not to you guys anyways. Maybe small clubs in our league like Utrecht or Groningen would profit from the EL because it means a little extra income and sold out stadiums. But for clubs who usually play CL and play European games every season anyways it's utter shit.

True, but at least it's something. Clearly we wouldn't be able to buy everybody using the EL money even if we win it, but we wouldn't be forced to sell one of the few top players/really promising youngsters left in our team in the next summer.

It'd be enough just to survive one more year before having to reset everything.

dc89

Woodward has one hell of a task in the summer. His warchest has to potentially replace Rio, Vidic & Giggs. A tough ask considering United still haven't replaced Scholes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom