• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

football thread 13/14 |ot12| last roll of the dive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salazar

A lot of continental European posters have trouble with the ultra-PC nature of Gaf I've noticed.

I get burned up by the imbeciles who will pop into a thread about—hypothetically speaking—a cannibal-rapist who time-travels in order to repeat his infamies, and post something along the lines of "well who are we to judge ?"

Peco

Flipped ban is bullshit.

I know I wouldn't even think about saying something to a woman crying in a parking lot say in Napoli or Palermo EDIT: or Bergamo, god I hate that city. Fuck that.

Milan is dead.

Flipped ban is bullshit.

What exactly about his ban is bullshit?

"No. Women are fucking crazy, she might be crying for fucking nothing. I wouldn't care, unless she showed signs of physical violence, then I'd probably call the police. "

"It is true. I've met so many girls that cry for nothing, it's ridiculous. Maybe it's the hormones?"

"GAF's own Kingsguard (bunch of white knights) is up in arms at the crying girl thread."

for real, the outside world is stupid dangerous nowadays

id probably get banned for saying "stupid" in OT

some PC cunt will start blabbing on about how im insulting the mentally challenged or something such

You're kind of being stupid.

GorillaJu

Flipped ban is bullshit.

I know I wouldn't even think about saying something to a woman crying in a parking lot say in Napoli or Palermo EDIT: or Bergamo, god I hate that city. Fuck that.

Milan is dead.

Yeah I'm 99% sure he wasn't banned for saying he wouldn't care/wouldn't help. It's the "women are crazy and cry for no reason" and "maybe it's the hormones" bits that do it.

Not justifying the fact that it's permanent though.

LegoArmo

I'd get banned an awful lot if I posted some of my personal opinions on GAF, I'm not the most PC person in the world. Pretty obvious by now that here isn't the place for that kind of discussion, anyway, so just censor yourself or deal with the consequences.

tri_willy

I'd get banned an awful lot if I posted some of my personal opinions on GAF

pretty much. and i still remember the ones that got me banned. im wondering if i would have gotten banned (for my recent banning post) for posting something here that is bannable in the OT

Sounds like Basel are just asking too much for Salah and we'll be waiting till Summer to try and push through a deal. Makes sense that we go for the player first to try and get their support and convince them they only want to come to Liverpool to help the fee negotiations but it's entirely possible someone comes in over us and turns his head.

Tampering does make a lot of sense.

Salazar

Nice, you drop into the football thread and start insulting people?

Calling Pulga stupid is pretty uncontroversial.

GLdESeR.jpg

GorillaJu

74uf0pN.jpg

Lucas Leiva invited the "South American" gang last night for his b-day party.

Hah, Ferna and Zabaleta there too. Aspas is the odd man out.

It's funny, it's so obvious that footballers don't feel anywhere near as passionate about club rivalries as fans would probably like them to feel. You've got Utd, City and Liverpool players in a fucking group hug. The most infamous and some of the most bitter rivals in the country, and they're just hangin' out.. Just buddies.

(No Chelsea players allowed, though)

Salazar

It's funny, it's so obvious that footballers don't feel anywhere near as passionate about club rivalries as fans would probably like them to feel. You've got Utd, City and Liverpool players in a fucking group hug. The most infamous and some of the most bitter rivals in the country, and they're just hangin' out.. Just buddies.

"So Fabio, what do you do these days ?"

FootballFan

Flipped ban is bullshit.

Milan is dead.

What are you trying to say about Napoli or Palermo? OMG. Such statement. Much ban.

smh.

R.I.P flippedb.

Fuck Allegri.

Sure it's a ban, but perma is too far. Surely.

You're kind of being stupid.

Ehh..why are you coming in here to just insult Pulga?

Fuck, nothing worse than going all the way to immigration to extend your visa and then be informed that you need extra documents that I did not need the other times I have been.

As for Pogba PSG, if I were Juve I would jump at the chance for say 20 plus Veratti(I am putting his value around at least 40 million. Juve fucked up not getting him the first time around

Jack cw

Not really a great comparison. BM are the most dominant force in Germany with no big rivals. PL has mega rich owners who pump in tons of money.

If Arsenal want to compete they need to explore all revenue means.

And as i have said before, modern day football for better or worse is not a community centre. Clubs have fans all over the world and Arsenal are a club in one of the richest and most expensive cities in the world.

It is not a god given right to be able to watch football and if you can't afford a season ticket then fine pick your games and go once you have saved up money and can afford it.

Also, if season tickets were cheaper at Arsenal fans would still have to pay hundreds to build up enough games they have gone to and move up the season ticket order pecking order.

Arsenal charge what they can because of supply and demand. Thus the prices are reasonable.

Also, those who think Arsenal owe something to the local community forget that the club has added value to their properties and that the area pulls in tons on match days and just look at N4 house prices.
It aint fucking Tottenham
Shanks pls. Dont be so ignorant :/
Bayern might be the richest club here but still, demand surpasses availability by far. We have 72k seats in Allianz Arena and could easily sell over 150k tickets every game and Bayern is still not charging premium prices for it. One reason Bundesliga and the fan culture works is because of this. Our crowd isnt just made out of event fans that are upper class. I know things works different in England but milking out the supporters for ridiculous wages, transfer flops or just bad management is simply wrong.

GQman2121

Banned
That does seem a bit harsh for a perma ban. But everyone should know that you can't make generalizations like that without having a very clear point made. Being vague leaves you wide open for any number of interpretations.

Hah, Ferna and Zabaleta there too. Aspas is the odd man out.

(No Chelsea players allowed, though)

Our boys aren't leaving the capital for what appears to be a sausage party up north. :p

Not that there's anything wrong with that.....

French press linking Hazard with a Summer move to PSG. He has allegedly told a teammate "I will definitely go to Paris next summer".

http://www.leparisien.fr/psg-foot-p...zard-seduit-par-le-psg-10-01-2014-3479753.php

This has been picked up the last few days by a number of shit outlets and makes zero sense.

Eden couldn't possibly be in a better position than he is at Chelsea.

He's being managed by arguably one of the most beloved coaches (by players and supporters that is) in the world, who also happens to think he's the third best player on the planet; he's our highest paid player ever and he just turned 23 years old a few days ago. The team is only going to get better, and in all likelihood, be built around him moving forward. There's literally nothing that Paris can offer him that he doesn't already have with us in London. Nothing.

Shanks pls. Dont be so ignorant :/
Bayern might be the richest club here but still, demand surpasses availability by far. We have 72k seats in Allianz Arena and could easily sell over 150k tickets every game and Bayern is still not charging premium prices for it. One reason Bundesliga and the fan culture works is because of this. Our crowd isnt just made out of event fans that are upper class. I know things works different in England but milking out the supporters for ridiculous wages, transfer flops or just bad management is simply wrong.

Bayern are the powerhouse and finiacially dominate force in Germany. If a super rich owner came in and started chucking cash around, you can bet your arse that Bayern would start raising prices.

It is foolish to compare the two leagues and ticket prices because the Premier League allowed new money in that means if a club wants to compete they have to try and expand revenue. Germany has no such problems.

This has been picked up the last few days by a number of shit outlets and makes zero sense.

Eden couldn't possibly be in a better position than he is at Chelsea.

He's being managed by arguably one of the most beloved coaches (by players and supporters that is) in the world, who also happens to think he's the third best player on the planet; he's our highest paid player ever and he just turned 23 years old a few days ago. The team is only going to get better, and in all likelihood, be built around him moving forward. There's literally nothing that Paris can offer him that he doesn't already have with us in London. Nothing.

He's obviously sick of all the fallen trees blocking Cobham Road on his way to work. Wouldn't happen in Paris.

Jack cw

Bayern are the powerhouse and finiacially dominate force in Germany. If a super rich owner came in and started chucking cash around, you can bet your arse that Bayern would start raising prices.

It is foolish to compare the two leagues and ticket prices because the Premier League allowed new money in that means if a club wants to compete they have to try and expand revenue. Germany has no such problems.

Of course we have those problems. Its not like we live in a country where money comes out the water tap. You see and that is whats wrong with this investor bullshit. German clubs cannot be bought and we regulate it with sponsoring. I know the league systems are different but that doesnt mean I need to like what some BPL teams are doing.

I'm strangely excited for the return of Carroll. He's very fun to watch when he's fully fit, even though it occurs once every ten games. The difference between him at 80% fitness and 90% is ridiculous.

Regarding Salah, I completely trust Rodgers and FSG to know what they're doing. He'd be another one for the future, and his league form does not look like that of a £15m youngster, big-game player or not.

If we have 35 million to spend this window and we splurge it all on fucking Rodrigo, I'll be livid. Could get someone like Finnbogason for like 10 million and still have enough to get a CB and DM than we desperately need.

Or just you know, stick with Kerzhakov. I'm tired of bailing out the Portuguese economy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom