• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

football thread 13/14 |ot12| last roll of the dive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timurid

ikDRoJ1hlvhGm.gif

We're gonna out-Barca Barca.

Classic dc

wedward

The San Francisco 49ers have announced a partnership with Leeds United. Someone tell me how I am supposed to feel about this. My first inclination is badly.

Another win today for City's U-21/EDS team today. It's amazing how much better the team has been this season including making the Round of 16 in the UEFA Youth Cup. Impressive stuff.

Results mean nothing without watching them. There are a lot of factors to consider when assessing which youth player is a genuinely exciting prospect. Age, technique, decision making, physical maturity, passing, vision, quality of end product, attitude, and most importantly, consistency. A player at that age could be relying on pace/strength to stand out. He might look like a world beater at that age group, but will run into a brick wall at first team level.

---------------

Also United embarrassed themselves at that u19 six-a-side tournament a couple of days ago. When they were playing Zurich, they stopped playing and let Zurich pass the ball around their half.

Clegg

We've signed a new sponsor today? What's the point when none of the money goes towards the team.

At least Woody is doing the job he's actually competent at.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
If you're mind is that feeble that's your issue. If you choose to take anything bud says seriously, that's your issue.

I don't care what goes on in users heads.

lightning

tumblr_mz5028jZ3O1s8z5rho1_500.gif

Calm down he was joking mate

what are u wearing? xoxox

Meier

Results mean nothing without watching them. There are a lot of factors to consider when assessing which youth player is a genuinely exciting prospect. Age, technique, decision making, physical maturity, passing, vision, quality of end product, attitude, and most importantly, consistency. A player at that age could be relying on pace/strength to stand out. He might look like a world beater at that age group, but will run into a brick wall at first team level.

The team is up to 6th now I believe in the U-21 PL and were towards the bottom last season and simply couldn't win a damn game. It's night and day under Vieira this year.

The team is up to 6th now I believe in the U-21 PL and were towards the bottom last season and simply couldn't win a damn game. It's night and day under Vieira this year.

That's progress, but it's better to assess the team on an individual basis. United won the u21 league last season, but I was only excited about Januzaj. I wasn't really excited about the others, because they didn't prove themselves game after game like he did. Lingard didn't shine every game despite being 20. He had good technique, but it wasn't amazing. He could link up play like Welbeck, was a decent finisher, and didn't rely on strength/pace. Good qualities, but he wasn't amazing at one particular area.

I still think he can make it at United because he did stand out as a great player at youth level, but he won't be a star. He'll be a squad player similar to Cleverley. United have a lot of players like that at youth level, and for all I know they could become stars. However, they're still gambles, and not certs to make it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom