• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

football thread 13/14 |ot12| last roll of the dive

Status
Not open for further replies.

kharma45

Are we talking about Dæhli? Because it should be obvious why he went to Cardiff above any other club in UK...

Well no shit Ole was a big factor against most other clubs in the league. It's more the fact that he resisted overtures from United and favoured a lot more first team chances rather than going back to us.

No he's not. He's an attacking midfielder that plays out wide. Januzaj used to play behind the striker while he would play on the left wing.

I'm sure I saw him play as a CM earlier on in his youth career. I know Joyce was putting him on the wing in his last season for the U18s but I didn't realize that had continued at Molde. I can definitely see him becoming a good AM in the future though; his vision is wasted out wide IMO.

faridmon

Well no shit Ole was a big factor against most other clubs in the league. It's more the fact that he resisted overtures from United.

Ole's pull is greater than you might think. He is just a kid, who happen to play outside Norway for the first time (professionally that is). He is going to re-unite with his old boss just because of that very reason.
I would have even be more shocked if he didn't go to Cardiff, regardless of prestige of other clubs or contract benefits.

I am actually quite excited to see what him and Eikram are going to bring to the Premier League Table.
Norway is on the rise bitches. Watch your back Danmark!

kharma45

Daehli really isn't needed anyway. Would've liked to see him back though.

True it would've been hard to accommodate him now but come the summer it wouldn't have been if Moyes gets to clear out those he deems not good enough. I'd imagine Buttner, Nani, Young, Valencia, Hernandez, Anderson and Kagawa will all be available.

I'm sure I saw him play as a CM earlier on in his youth career. I know Joyce was putting him on the wing in his last season for the U18s. Didn't realize that had continued at Molde. I can definitely see him becoming a good AM in the future; his vision is wasted out wide IMO.

Could have been. I only started watching him last year out wide. He and Januzaj had a great partnership in the u18s, but Januzaj outshined him. He played more like Shinji out wide and sometimes faded.

He was one of those players that had good potential, but wasn't a cert like Ravel (attitude could cost him), Pogba, and Januzaj.

United wanted to keep him, but he requested a move. We did the right thing letting him leave.

Fair enough. I'm sure OGS was the deciding factor, otherwise he might have accepted a loan move. Just frustrating to watch our best youth prospects flourish elsewhere, aside from Adnan of course.

wedward

Gundogan isn't going to Madrid unless Khedira and another CM leave.

Alonso just extended. Ilara just signed. Modric is finally playing well.

--

Brendan talks a lot of crap for having done fuck all in the Premier league.

Salvadora

wedward, you're making the mistake of assuming that Real Madrid make decisions like the rest of the Footballing world.

Lightning

Banned

Madrid don't operate that way. They brought Sahin despite not needing him, they're Madrid. They don't care about players careers, they care about names.

He's done significantly better than Wenger in the last years.
Like what? Midtable finish last season, crashed out of all competitions early and no European football at all for Liverpool this season? What has Brendon actually done for Liverpool in terms of success? Changed the brand of football slightly, changed a few players around is about it for Brendon.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Bda7h_5CQAAR5a6.jpg:large

Just saw the future of watching sports on TV - whole pitch/field, the whole time. Felt like I was there. #CES2014

K1LLER7

Madrid should buy Gundagon and then send him to United because such close friends innit.

We aren't signing anybody. #IAMITK

Are you fucking serious?

I'm sorry we have such a poor recent history of winning 2 league titles, 1 cup, reaching a CL final and can't keep up with the currently best team of the world with our whole defense injured while staying financially reasonable and reaching the round of 16 in the CL and the quarter final in the DFB cup. And all that coming from nearly being bankrupt.

Not everyone can have the rich and fantastic recent history of Arsenal Football Club, struggling to qualify for the CL, losing the final of a shit cup against a club getting relegated and just this season, being first in a league in which all rivals are having a shit season, at least to some extent.

I am talking about the future. It is all over now for you. Selling Gotze and keeping Lew just do show you are a "big club". Bayern are chucking serious money around now and no one will ever be anle to touch them again.

Also having a go at Arsenal is hilarious. Much harder league with 5~6 excellent clubs. Germany has Bayern and the rest of the field. Bayern and Dortmund would both struggle if they were in the PL
the spanish duo too
and find it is not as simple juggling all their commitments, especially not having a winter break and playing 4 more games a season

Lightning

Banned
Exactly. what did Wenger do in the league for Arsenal in the last years?

Nothing.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

Liverpool fans are amazingly funny. They hang on Brendon's ballsack despite the fact he hasn't brought them a shred of success, hasn't achieved a damn thing, and has a big mouth for someone who hasn't accomplished anything. By Rodgers own words top 4 is an achievement and the limit of Brendon's ambitions this season yet you mock Wenger who has seen Arsenal have NEVER been without it throughout his entire reign as our manager.

Carry on Liverpool boy. Mocking Arsenal's top 4 finishes yet desperately hoping Liverpool finish in the top 4 even over the FA cup. Funny crowd.

K1LLER7

Not sure if posted...

Dorin Rotariu: "MUFC's officials came to Bucharest and wanted to meet me. We didn't just talk about football, but also about life". "I was told they are keeping a close eye on me. That motivates me a lot"

Never heard of him lol

Fry

Liverpool fans are amazingly funny. They hang on Brendon's ballsack despite the fact he hasn't brought them a shred of success, hasn't achieved a damn thing, and has a big mouth for someone who hasn't accomplished anything.

He's young.

wedward

Liverpool fans are amazingly funny. They hang on Brendon's ballsack despite the fact he hasn't brought them a shred of success, hasn't achieved a damn thing, and has a big mouth for someone who hasn't accomplished anything. By Rodgers own words top 4 is an achievement and the limit of Brendon's ambitions this season yet you mock Wenger who has seen Arsenal have NEVER been without it throughout his entire reign as our manager.

Carry on Liverpool boy. Mocking Arsenal's top 4 finishes yet desperately hoping Liverpool finish in the top 4 even over the FA cup. Funny crowd.

This is Liverpools best team in a while and we made them look like the midtable team they are.

K1LLER7

Wut...
from Daily Fail

Italian boy, five, reports father to police for forcing him to become a Juventus fan by having a priest exorcise their house when he discovered his son supported Milan.
Marco Verratti, five, reported father Arturo, 38, to authorities
Arturo believed Satan had convinced his son to support a rival team. Son was forced to sing Juventus songs and wear team strip 24 hours a day
Yurt pls. not like this :p

bud

"You come from a really good club like Chelsea to a massive club like Liverpool where there is expectancy every day. For any player to go into a big club is a huge difference in terms of mentality."
/​
CNB1W6d.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom