• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

football thread 13/14 |ot12| last roll of the dive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manager

Well, City and Spurs both went after Rodgers.

That was when Mancini looked like he was going to lose the title in 2012, until they suddenly won it. Pellegrini was doing great and Malaga and probably didn't want to leave them at that moment, taking them to CL. He said no to PL teams before, like Liverpool.

Txiki and Soriano talk a lot about how they want the manager to support their philosophy of attacking football (but with the manager's personal twist), it was the same when they picked the New York City manager. Rodgers seem to share that philosophy.

Txiki met Pellegrini's agent in around January so I doubt there were many other candidates at that time.

Elchele

I am talking about the future. It is all over now for you. Selling Gotze and keeping Lew just do show you are a "big club". Bayern are chucking serious money around now and no one will ever be anle to touch them again.

Also having a go at Arsenal is hilarious. Much harder league with 5~6 excellent clubs. Germany has Bayern and the rest of the field. Bayern and Dortmund would both struggle if they were in the PL
the spanish duo too
and find it is not as simple juggling all their commitments, especially not having a winter break and playing 4 more games a season

You also lost your two best players: RvP and Cesc. A striker and a CAM, just like Dortmund. And yet you're doing better than before. Players come and go, no player is bigger than the club.

Much harder league with 5-6 excellent clubs? Before this season, City was a joke club, United couldn't even get out of group stage in CL, Liverpool was complete shit for years, Arsenal was Arsenal, only team always on a good level was Chelsea. So I don't know what you're talking about.

Walshy

dwgirIQ.png

Unfortunately Liverpool, City, Man Utd Chelsea and Arsenal are the only ones with decent sized forums as far as I can tell
You aren't looking far enough.

GloryGlory for Spurs.
RTG for Sunderland.
Newcastle online for Newcastle.

Thats just off the of my head, there is big communites for others like PlanetSwans etc.

pappe

That was when Mancini looked like he was going to lose the title in 2012, until they suddenly won it. Pellegrini was doing great and Malaga and probably didn't want to leave them at that moment, taking them to CL. He said no to PL teams before, like Liverpool.

Txiki and Soriano talk a lot about how they want the manager to support their philosophy of attacking football, it was the same when they picked the New York City manager. Rodgers seem to share that philosophy.

Isnt Viera doing well with the U-21s? Maybe Pellegrini will be in charge as long as he is doing well and then City will do a Barca and promote from the ranks and Give Viera the job?

Rad-

I still don't see a suitable manager for us in the market. Klopp being the only one but he ain't leaving Dortmund anytime soon. Might as well give Moyes a proper chance for 2 or so seasons. If he keeps on failing then hopefully some new manager targets appears, like for example Ole if he does well with Cardiff.

pappe

You also lost your two best players: RvP and Cesc. A striker and a CAM, just like Dortmund. And yet you're doing better than before. Players come and go, no player is bigger than the club.

Much harder league with 5-6 excellent clubs? Before this season, City was a joke club, United couldn't even get out of group stage in CL, Liverpool was complete shit for years, Arsenal was Arsenal, only team always on a good level was Chelsea. So I don't know what you're talking about.

Oh God! Please dont make this a Bendeliga vs EPL discussion once again.

You aren't looking far enough.

GloryGlory for Spurs.
RTG for Sunderland.
Newcastle online for Newcastle.

Thats just off the of my head, there is big communites for others like PlanetSwans etc.

I've been on Glory Glory before but it seems really insular and entirely focussed on Spurs, very little discussion on wider football which is what I like to read. I could be wrong but iirc they just have one megathread for PL discussion, that only gets about 100 posts per gameweek

The same is true of Arsenal-Mania tbf though

Elchele

I still don't see a suitable manager for us in the market. Klopp being the only one but he ain't leaving Dortmund anytime soon. Might as well give Moyes a proper chance for 2 or so seasons. If he keeps on failing then hopefully some new manager targets appears, like for example Ole if he does well with Cardiff.

pls. Schaaf is basically the german Fergie.

qindarka

Banned
dwgirIQ.png

Fan forums are brilliant. Interesting, infuriating, hilarious, all at once.

Unfortunately Liverpool, City, Man Utd Chelsea and Arsenal are the only ones with decent sized forums as far as I can tell

Not really. I frequent Sunderland's SMB forums and it is pretty active. Also looked at West Ham's KUMB forums and it is very active as well. Sure there are many others out there.

Manager

Isnt Viera doing well with the U-21s? Maybe Pellegrini will be in charge as long as he is doing well and then City will do a Barca and promote from the ranks and Give Viera the job?

He is now doing well after a dodgy start, but to be fair he has a big bunch of talented players atm who should win games. And this is a table where Fulham and West Ham are leaders.

Pep was managing Barcelona B, who play against senior players. Not sure how a U21 coach will manage the jump to senior football. I guess he could do a Ole, go to a smaller club and then take the step up. I just don't know if he rather go to Arsenal when Wenger quits, instead of City, if he has sucess in that smaller club.

Ashes

Banned
Pretty sure Moyes's record thus far is better than Fergie's intial tenor at Utd. And Fergie had already won european silver wear with a scottish team. Sure Fergie's pedigree is better. But Moyes is going to mould a darn good team, given the funds. Just you wait.

This isn't Moyes's first year as much it is the year after Fergie left.

End of next season being trophy less will be very meaningful.

Manager

I've been on Glory Glory before but it seems really insular and entirely focussed on Spurs, very little discussion on wider football which is what I like to read. I could be wrong but iirc they just have one megathread for PL discussion, that only gets about 100 posts per gameweek

That's why I visit Redcafe daily, they have big discussions about world of football and have people from all over the world there. There's that Maxxed forum but they always have closed registration.

Elchele

Pep was managing Barcelona B, who play against senior players. Not sure how a U21 coach will manage the jump to senior football. I guess he could do a Ole, go to a smaller club and then take the step up. I just don't know if he rather go to Arsenal when Wenger quits, instead of City, if he has sucess in that smaller club.

It worked well for Freiburg with Christian Streich (former U19 coach)

That's why I visit Redcafe daily, they have big discussions about world of football and have people from all over the world there.

Yeah, redcafe and RAWK are my go-tos, and I spend 90% of my time browsing the General Football sections. Can't be arsed with RAWK's LiverpoolFC section any more.

pappe

Pretty sure Moyes's record thus far is better than Fergie's intial tenor at Utd. And Fergie had already won european silver wear with a scottish team. Sure Fergie's pedigree is better. But Moyes is going to mould a darn good team, given the funds. Just you wait.

This isn't Moyes's first year as much it is the year after Fergie left.

End of next season being trophy less will be very meaningful.

You dont think Moyes tactics of swinging in cross after cross and hoping one of players head it in without any backup plan is reason to worry?

Manager

I don't go on any other forums, used to be on a few Arsenal ones, but most of the posters there were crazy and stupid :lol

Bluemoon is a flashback to the 90's, they have just started using GIFs. Those old GIFs though, dancing baby, and terms like "Epic fail".

You're looking at the wrong table: http://www.whoscored.com/Regions/81/Tournaments/3/Seasons/3424

They lost like 90% of their starting players after having a great 12/13 season. Obviously having to compete in EL, and replacing pretty much the whole starting XI had a cost.

He won the best coach award in the Bundesliga last season (winning against Heynckes).

Yeah, EL and the increase of matches they need to play kind of fucked them this season. As did losing like half of their starting eleven, especially Kruse.

Ah thanks, had no idea. But according to Wiki he was assistant manager to the senior squad between 2007-2011 while being at U19?

edit
Hmm no seems like he was assistant just for half a season, just coach before that.

L1NETT

Check out this thread I made in May 2008. I guarantee it will make you laugh

15,000 posts fuck me.

I go on a Bradford forum, but it's understandably blowing up at the moment. Wells transfer has caused chaos amongst our ranks.

You get your fair share of idiots, but some proper funny stuff on there and a good smattering of ermm...friendly advice for our rivals.

I don't get why people think this is the spurs forum. I'd never even heard of it until someone posted it here.

bjaelke

Chelsea: Cech, Azpilicueta, Cahill, Terry, Cole, Ramires, David Luiz, Willian, Oscar, Hazard, Torre

Hull: McGregor, Chester, Bruce, Davies, Elmohamady, Figueroa, Meyler, Huddlestone, Livermore, Boyd, Sagbo

Really? Its the one that I always heard mentioned in discussions about other fan-forums on RAWK

@L1NETT, it was the only forum I perused for a good 4 years tbf :p

Well I looked at their stats just now and they have <2000 members, 798 of which are active members. There are much bigger forums.

How did you guys discover this forum?

For me, it was a case of looking for Uncharted 2 speculation :p

1UP Yours.

I'd often wonder how people who don't play games found this forum.

sohois

I think I came here just around the time of the KZ2 E3 reveal, I'd seen the site mentioned on other forums I visited and came to see when other sources for KZ2 news failed me

Oh my word, WJD's tag-partner has joined the fight! pappe's up against the ropes, I've never seen anything like it!

Who is pappe going to tag in though, doicare?

I think I came here just around the time of the KZ2 E3 reveal, I'd seen the site mentioned on other forums I visited and came to see when other sources for KZ2 news failed me

Who is pappe going to tag in though, doicare?

I'm thinking Soi-Fong or someone. Man Utd would be in League 1 before doicare admits that they might not be playing well enough :p

Oh pls! Tell me what about moyes's management so dar has you so hopeful that he can turn it around and be successful because i havent seen anything suggesting that yet.
Nothing.

But he deserves a proper chance.

And a loss today doesn't push him over the edge. It doesn't change much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom