• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

football thread 13/14 |ot12| last roll of the dive

Status
Not open for further replies.

jesalr

kOtl7WI.jpg

Spat tea at my laptop!

3Sixty

Again, for me this is just the club trying to get Battenburg to stop reffing our games. He said in the tunnel after the game that he saw it was hand ball but "didn't think it was deliberate"

i was going to write about how Wenger conducts himself in the transfer market, but then i remembered park

why does he play for arsenal

Wenger goes and signs a Korean and then goes on an Asian tour to every country except Korea. What was the bloody point!!!!!!!!!!

I still love it when I am watching an Arsenal game out in Seoul and have Koreans telling me Wenger is an idiot for not playing Park. I always say he is an idiot, but not for that.

Was also hilarious when SBS Sports here would have status updates with what he was doing. Sitting on the Bench. Warming up. Sitting on the bench.

FootballFan

Has Yaya lapsed that badly defensively??? I remember him always being a beast for Barca

He was! But that was because his job was to protect back 4 and pass. No attacking.

His responsibility at city, even when playing dm has him going forward as well as defending. I'm guessing he is just lazier when he defends so he can save some for his bursts forward.

jordisok

I ask myself this all the time. lol.

I genuinely believe one of them would have gone had we not signed Ozil. However, Wenger has bought his stay of execution. Ivan still needs to go. He knows less about football than any of us.

These conversations with Ivan, did you record them lol I'd love to hear

Lightning

Banned
Again, for me this is just the club trying to get Battenburg to stop reffing our games. He said in the tunnel after the game that he saw it was hand ball but "didn't think it was deliberate"
That's a futile effort. Every club would love to choose their referee. For example no cunt referee from the Liverpool region should ref an Arsenal game!

dc89

TC posted this in the what's app chat:

Uniteds share price is currently £9.36. Valuation of the club has dropped £220m in ONE MONTH.

he put the capitals, not me.

Clegg

The drop in United's stock market doesn't directly impact the day to day running of the club, but the Glazer's won't be happy. If United miss out on CL footy then we'll lose at least £20m in prize money next season.

As Viva said earlier, United's senior exec's are comfortable in missing out on the CL for a season as the club strengthens and brings in new players. Ogden says the funds are available too, so it's all down to what Moyes thinks, apparently.

Salazar

No dignity for you, I'm afraid.

Laughing stock. Lallana can do one.

TC posted this in the what's app chat:

Uniteds share price is currently £9.36. Valuation of the club has dropped £220m in ONE MONTH.

he put the capitals, not me.

When the share's were originally issued, they weren't even worth £220m :lol

Not sure where he got that from but it's not true.

kharma45

When the share's were originally issued, they weren't even worth £220m :lol

Not sure where he got that from but it's not true.

From here

United, who will be without the injured Wayne Rooney, Robin van Persie and Ashley Young for Sunday’s FA Cup third-round tie against Swansea City at Old Trafford, have seen their share price on the New York Stock Exchange drop by more than 12 per cent from £10.68 to £9.36 since Dec 6 – despite the S&P 500 Index on which the club is listed enjoying a two per cent per cent overall rise in that time.

With the total valuation of the club at £1.75 billion on Dec 6, it had dropped to £1.53 billion during morning trading in New York yesterday.

The drop in the club’s value dates back to early October. Although ­United’s share price rallied in late November, following the announcement of positive forecasts of annual turnover in quarterly accounts, the loss in value since early December has coincided with the team’s inability to break into the top four.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...m-being-wiped-off-stock-market-valuation.html

Salazar

Perplexed by the "we need to sign players in order to keep Wayne Rooney happy" line being taken.

It'll just change the tune of his moaning. Not the volume.

will van herpes and rooney be fit for tuesday?

Rooney possible, but Moyes would probably be fuckin mental to do it considering what we've heard. Robin doubtful.

Ogden article in the Telegraph.

Oh my bad.

However, Ogden spouting bollocks as usual.

The share price peaked at the start of December, when we were 9th.

We've actually gone up the table since then and the value has fallen.

Has more to do with costs rising in our latest financial results than performance. And the stock is still significantly higher than it was when it was first issued.

From that Ogden Article

I think we had four Premier League wins before the defeat [against Tottenham], but if you are only judging it on results, fine.
“But if you are judging it on performances then it would’ve been a fifth win after how we played.”

Results are what matter Moyes baby, not how well they performed. That's why Arselol haven't won anything for years.

Please don't turn us into them

Clegg

Viva going in on Oggy.

But in this case I'm not sure he's to blame for the headline. That's usually the sub editor's job isn't it?

Viva going in on Oggy.

But in this case I'm not sure he's to blame for the headline. That's usually the sub editor's job isn't it?

His article is a joke aswell.

Clearly doesn't know the first thing about the share price, why it dropped off or even what the indicators are.

That share price in general has very very little to do with what happens on the pitch. The only time it's responded to football related matters is when Ferguson retired.

Salvadora

I reckon, at least when we were shit we still made the CL places. United carry on their current course they will be talking smack from the Europa league.
In a way, it's almost worst.

These last few years have felt like purgatory. Not doing badly enough to force any change, not well enough to win anything. Just existing.

Clegg

His article is a joke aswell.

Clearly doesn't know the first thing about the share price, why it dropped off or even what the indicators are.
I'll need to look at it properly. Only skimmed it and then zoned in on his transfer bit (I have a problem).

Will look in more detail.

kharma45

aww

yiss

mutha fuckin welbeck

Or El Pea, although I'd be more worried about Welbeck atm out of the two. Hernandez has looked out of sorts recently, partly down to a lack of game time but part of me feels he's just... I don't know, a bit disillusioned.

Lightning

Banned
In a way, it's almost worst.

These last few years have felt like purgatory. Not doing badly enough to force any change, not well enough to win anything. Just existing.
I don't agree. We dropped out of the CL our situation would have been 100x worse. Arsenal just priotised on financial security and in current times it was the smart choice. Just needed better pr but I've never been one who needed trophies to enjoy what I watch.

Being in the competition competing was enough for me to be happy while we secured ourselves.

Hixx

Or El Pea, although I'd be more worried about Welbeck atm out of the two. Hernandez has looked out of sorts recently, partly down to a lack of game time but part of me feels he's just... I don't know, a bit disillusioned.

Both are quite the downgrade on van Persie and Rooney, though.

If we can win with a clean sheet I am quite confident we can go to OT and keep a clean sheet if we don't need to score.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom