• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

football thread 13/14 |ot12| last roll of the dive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meier

I can't believe Meier lucked-out and gets to support 2 stupid-rich sports teams.

Man, Dodgers fans deserve it. Our owner before was fucking gross and drained the team.. very Glazers-esque. Unfortunately my NFL team (the Bucs) are owned by those guys.

Same, seems a few of us are 24. I'm exactly the same person as I was when I was 20. Need to get a new job, move out, and move on I think. Or go to uni if that proves unpossible.
I started uni at 23, 25 now. It's probably not a bad idea but oh my is it shite. It's clearly not the same experience all the 18-19 year olds are having. Not that I wanted or expected it to be. I'm there for a qualification, but their experience makes it considerably less shit I imagine.

K1LLER7

Great save by Pinto.

Apparently Real Madrid reached an agreenent for signing Moreno from Sevilla. Maybe Coentrao will be on the move now.

Splatt

I really don't understand baseball.

It's the most boring sport I've ever watched and yet it's players are the most paid in the world.

I should get fat and learn how to throw a ball.

Linius

Mg8NArf.jpg

Woohoo, Club Nintendo finally delivered today

Meier

Baseball.

30.7 MILLION US DOLLARS A YEAR

Justin Verlander's contract is particularly disgusting considering Detroit is fucking bankrupt.

He'll make quite a bit less than Ronaldo for reference but his contract would compare favorably to most every other highly paid footballer in the world (minus Ronaldo and Zlatan and Eto'o while he was in Russia). Ronaldo is now making €21m net so his gross is over €30m per season (so well over $40m per season). Kershaw's deal is a lot but I think it's pretty fair since he is definitely the best pitcher in the world.

Apparently Real Madrid reached an agreenent for signing Moreno from Sevilla. Maybe Coentrao will be on the move now.

Dangit. I was really hopeful City would sign him and ship off Clichy. PSG are apparently sniffing around. :( I think we may target Shaw instead but hard to say.

Carbonox

It's the most boring sport I've ever watched and yet it's players are the most paid in the world.

It's a billion times better than fucking wickets.

I like playing baseball.

OK OK it was "rounders" at school but fuck everyone that shit was brilliant.

K1LLER7

Also, "In the deal between RM and Sevilla for Moreno, Cheryshev, now on loan to Sevilla, will join Sevilla permanently. (Seville Radio)"

Is Tello's agent gonna go through the same routine at the start of every single transfer window? What's their end-game? He isn't good enough to start consistently for Barca, and he doesn't seem to actually be willing to leave/Barca aren't willing to let him go. Is he just angling for better wages?

pulga

Banned
Tweeted by SocialRMadrid

"RMadrid and Sevilla have reached an agreement for left-back Moreno. 21M euros. (@defcentral via Seville Radio)"

No idea if its legit.

why...why do you follow SocialRMadrid
smiling_moon2.png

Nothing on Marca or AS so far

Also, "In the deal between RM and Sevilla for Moreno, Cheryshev, now on loan to Sevilla, will join Sevilla permanently. (Seville Radio)"

Sviato

dead.gif.pagespeed.ce.Il3wziKMIm.gif

Oxx

Rounders at school was hilarious. 99% of people swinging and missing. That one kid who could actually hit the ball. All the girls screaming if you threw the ball towards them when fielding.

GQman2121

Banned

162+ game season. Think about that....

Obviously less for starting pitchers, but there are very few people on the planet who can throw a ball with any kind of control at 100 mph.

Messi

Is Tello's agent gonna go through the same routine at the start of every single transfer window? What's their end-game? He isn't good enough to start consistently for Barca, and he doesn't seem to actually be willing to leave/Barca aren't willing to let him go. Is he just angling for better wages?

Wages

K1LLER7

Why don't Barca ever cross the ball to the back post? Alexis has been free numerous times yet they just pass to Messi.

Barca Tata pls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom