• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

football thread 13/14 |ot12| last roll of the dive

Status
Not open for further replies.

pulga

Banned
Sahin, although that was a collaborative effort with both Real Madrid and Liverpool.

Although you guys did play him at LB
01laugh.gif

I imagined someone would bring up Sahin, but A) he couldn't even get a start at Liverpool with much less competition, so what hope did he have with us? and B) BVB players break down after leaving Kloppo's nest. #freeShinji

Still waiting for a proper response to my post.

Who have we ruined in the last couple of years?

why would I even bother with a dumb post like that messi

its why the gif exists

I didn't say you had ruined anyone.

Said Madrid are all about flavour of the month, which is true.

Madrid would have a much better team if the management cared about stability and actually building something.

pulga

Banned
You seem to use that gif when you have nothing to say.

oh yes messi we ruined poor Iker, poor little darling didn't even get a chance to spread his wings before we confined him to the bench at thirty two years old. shame he never won any trophies either, completely ruined him

sigh

Walshy

I imagined someone would bring up Sahin, but A) he couldn't even get a start at Liverpool with much less competition, so what hope did he have with us? and B) BVB players break down after leaving Kloppo's nest. #freeShinji
Yeah he was injured a lot at Madrid, you guys didn't really play him though and he was on the bench the majority of the time. He really regressed when he went to Madrid, not sure whether it was leaving Dortmund, his injury or Madrid.

Madrid would have a much better team if the management cared about stability and actually building something.
Same could be said about Chelsea.

They could of had not had to pay Benfica £21m for Matic and could have Sturridge banging them in and not wasted £50m on Torres.

pulga

Banned
Yeah he was injured a lot at Madrid, you guys didn't really play him though and he was on the bench the majority of the time. He really regressed when he went to Madrid, not sure whether it was leaving Dortmund, his injury or Madrid.

he was foul the couple of games he did play for us though, can't blame the management for shipping him back

Same could be said about Chelsea.

They could of had not had to pay Benfica £21m for Matic and could have Sturridge banging them in and not wasted £50m on Torres.

Madrid didn't ruin him.

Madrid just didn't give him a chance. Making it at Real Madrid is probably one of the hardest things to do as a player.

Hardly anyone gets time and patience. As soon as you hit a run of bad form - your future at that club is under threat.

Unless you play in defence, in which case you can do whatever the fuck you like.

he was foul the couple of games he did play for us though, can't blame the management for shipping him back

See what I mean :lol

Messi

oh yes messi we ruined poor Iker, poor little darling didn't even get a chance to spread his wings before we confined him to the bench at thirty two years old. shame he never won any trophies either, completely ruined him

sigh

Lopez is 32

yawn

Illarra is getting a shitload of playing time
Isco too
Modric has become undroppable
Jese is getting minutes
Ozil did
Di Maria has been a starter for various seasons
but Bale is now getting his time
Varane undroppable as well before he died
Benzema is still going at it for reasons god knows why

who exactly have we ruined? or is this just more ignorant hyperbole stemming from misconceptions and days gone by?

They weren't your fault as a club, but in the last 9 years, I'd say Owen, Woodgate, Kaka, Benzema (to an extent), Coentrao, Sahin have all either had their careers or development stall because Madrid is simply too big a club, with too much expectation, and too much competition for places. All of them would have been better off if they'd never moved to you imo

And that's before even mentioning the youth players who have to leave to get the chance to prove themselves, although I think that might be overblown because of Mata and Negredo. I could see Morata joining those 2 in the future though as players who had to leave Madrid to flourish.

Plus, the comparison was with Juve, and unless they have a similar record I don't know about (which is quite likely tbf), Madrid have them beat in terms of careers going off-track, at least temporarily

Kikarian

Shinji has been such a let down.

I know we haven't been playing him in his right position all the time. But when I've been watching him he is very slow to react and his passes are weak.

He WILL blossom into a Ballon D'or standard play though #BELIEVE

pulga

Banned
Madrid didn't ruin him.

Madrid just didn't give him a chance. Making it at Real Madrid is probably one of the hardest things to do as a player.

Hardly anyone gets time and patience. As soon as you hit a run of bad form - your future at that club is under threat.

Unless you play in defence, in which case you can do whatever the fuck you like.

See what I mean :lol

He was injured the rest of the time you fruit :lol

They weren't your fault as a club, but in the last 9 years, I'd say Owen, Woodgate, Kaka, Benzema (to an extent), Coentrao, Sahin have all either had their careers or development stall because Madrid is simply too big a club, with too much expectation, and too much competition for places. All of them would have been better off if they'd never moved to you imo

And that's before even mentioning the youth players who have to leave to get the chance to prove themselves, although I think that might be overblown because of Mata and Negredo. I could see Morata joining those 2 in the future though as players who had to leave Madrid to flourish.

Plus, the comparison was with Juve, and unless they have a similar record I don't know about (which is quite likely tbf), Madrid have them beat in terms of careers going off-track, at least temporarily

HOW THE FUCK HAVE WE RUINED BENZEMA

holy shit

I cant

wow

i think im gonna go play W101

we've reached a whole new level of hyperbole footygaf

He was injured the rest of the time you fruit :lol

HOW THE FUCK HAVE WE RUINED BENZEMA

holy shit

I cant

wow

i think im gonna go play W101

we've reached a whole new level of hyperbole footygaf

Before he moved to you he was on track to being world class, and he's come nowhere near fulfilling that potential. And I'm not saying you ruined these players.

Wes

venison crêpe
Villa likely to be signing someone tomorrow. Rumoured to be Scott Dann.

Apart from the fact he played for City, I'm relatively ok with it. Probably around £3m for what will be our 3rd choice CB going in to next season. Would be nice to get a young prospect for the same money from the continent but they'd likely take longer to settle in to the league and we need someone for the latter half of this season.

pulga

Banned
He has. Doesn't change his age though which he felt the need to point out about iker.

you missed the fucking point you candy gulping mong

how the fuck does one ruin a player who's won every single trophy in existence when relegated to the bench at 32, and only in La Liga at that

god I cant be in here anymore you troglodytes have been snorting chicken fumes or sumfink

You should read his posts instead of flying off the handle. Chill.

and you should think before posting absolute dung

K1LLER7

Commentator is this Barca match, "Man City have some great players such as: Negredo, Fernandinho, Aguero, Navas...umm...Milner."

I really want to see Ramos and Pique play together in a team that doesn't play tiki-taka, and comes under attack more than Spain do

Messi should have 4.

bud

that is an amazing goal. that's the messi i want to see. i want to see him dribble past 3-4 defenders. i don't care about his 80+ goals per season if they're not the end result of shit like that.

if it means never having to read such drivel as that we've stalled Benzema's career, or ruined Iker's, it'd only be a blessing

I'm not saying you stalled Benzema's career ffs.

I'm saying Benzema is nowhere near as good as I expected him to be at this point when he moved to Madrid. And I'm not even saying his failure to progress as expected is at all the fault of Madrid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom