• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

football thread 13/14 |ot12| last roll of the dive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meier

That moves into the realms of being borderline criminal surely?
Probably but he got away with it and made a fucking fortune selling the team. The American dream, innit?

I've been a Dodgers fan my whole life but I was only 5 when we won that World Series so I don't have many memories of it. There was no MLB team in Florida when I was a kid and my brother was a fan of Orel Hershiser (Dodgers pitcher) and had a big life size poster on the wall so I became a fan of the team. It's frankly been a miserable fandom for the most part.

Slizz

ib0PH1nGYUHdEA.gif

Lol. My main point was regardless of liking or knowing about Seinfeld, you can gather what the post is about.

I refuse to watch any show with a laugh track.

Do one, KidA/Slizz.

You watch Curb though right?

Probably but he got away with it and made a fucking fortune selling the team. The American dream, innit?

I've been a Dodgers fan my whole life but I was only 5 when we won that World Series so I don't have many memories of it. There was no MLB team in Florida when I was a kid and my brother was a fan of Orel Hershiser (Dodgers pitcher) and had a big life size poster on the wall so I became a fan of the team. It's frankly been a miserable fandom for the most part.

Dat magic money

ibmiWbaZFJxRsE.gif

Kershaw is too good my friends.

Slizz

So is Big Bang Theory, but they all have the same outcome.

Seinfeld was filmed in front of a live studio audience. Big Bang is filmed in front of a studio audience, with episode filming spanning across multiple days and then audience laughs spliced in. Meaning when someone fucks up in the Big Bang there is probably bigger laughs then the punchline which are then edited into the show.

At the end of the day watch Seinfeld and Curb, some really good humor that almost every walk of life can enjoy.

Zabojnik

Please keep a minumum distance of 10 posts between Seinfeld and TBBT posts, otherwise people might think we're comparing the two. Actually, make that 10 pages.

Seinfeld was filmed in front of a live studio audience. Big Bang is filmed in front of a studio audience, with episode filming spanning across multiple days and then audience laughs spliced in. Meaning when someone fucks up in the Big Bang there is probably bigger laughs then the punchline which are then edited into the show.

At the end of the day watch Seinfeld and Curb, some really good humor that almost every walk of life can enjoy.
Curb is one of my all time favorite shows. However, I just can't stand Seinfeld. Nothing about it sits well with me, at least from what I've seen of it. Though what I watched was from the first season and my friends who love it insist the first season isn't great.

Slizz

Please keep a minumum distance of 10 posts between Seinfeld and TBBT posts, otherwise people might think we're comparing the two. Actually, make that 10 pages.

pyfXmnt.jpg

So true though..

EDIT:
Curb is one of my all time favorite shows. However, I just can't stand Seinfeld. Nothing about it sits well with me, at least from what I've seen of it. Though what I watched was from the first season and my friends who love it insist the first season isn't great.

They are right. Go from 2 on.

Elchele

Seriously, watch it now. Larry David is hilarious.

Curb is good, but Seinfeld is much better.
You have to watch a couple of episodes to start liking it. For years I thought "God, why do they keep broadcasting that old show on TV", the actors looked weird (George, Kramer) and overall a very depressing tune for some reason. Then one day I actually watched two episodes in a row and I fell in love

Elchele

Salvadora, I hope fry's post gives you a clear sight of what show you should watch.

You won't regret it, really. It is very enjoyable once you "get" the characters

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Come on guys, watch Seinfeld. It's the best sitcom of ALL TIME. Or rather of MY TIME!

the laughing track is unfortunate, but it was a requirement back then.
I'm 25 too. August 88 bros.
I knew you were my twin KidA
We're slightly safer on Twitter.
Are you sure? With an off the chain rvy and a Batigol that CAN make threads/tell stories?
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

So basically the old Blablurn now posts on twitter, while the new Bayern-uber-alles-crazy-with-power-asshole one posts here? Interesting.

Bla is too nice with me everywhere tbf <3 but he IS much nicer and thick-skinned on twitter.

because his girlfriend is following him innit?

Yen

You guys will never appreciate The Big Bang Theory until you live in Uni Halls with people who watch Rules of Engagement. *shudders*

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Is Neymar okay? All jokes aside, I'd hate to see him miss the World Cup. I want everyone to be 100% fit for our maximum entertainment :)

Good to see Messi back as well

-

I exclusively watch TBBT on flights.
3AQmK.gif

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Felipe, baby, what are you doing? How am I supposed to defend a post like this?

indefensible

any taste-judge* would throw it out immediately.

*Shake Appeal, Zabo and Mastadon.

Razor554

Is Neymar okay? All jokes aside, I'd hate to see him miss the World Cup. I want everyone to be 100% fit for our maximum entertainment :)

Good to see Messi back as well

Neymar is probably out for 2-3 weeks. Medical results tomorrow.

Martino: "Neymar's injury? Thank God, it's not as bad as it could have been, he's doing fine.
Martino: "For how long will Neymar be out? Doctors will say that tomorrow, but it shouldn't be too long.

Elchele

we all watched it for Rachel

pls understand

Hey that's not too bad!

we all watched it for Rachel's nips
Friends is decent, nothing excepcional but at least it doesn't suck as much as Two and Half Men or TBBT. The first seasons of HIMYM are better than the whole Friends, tho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom