• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT10| Silverware, promotion, survival, relegation and tears

Status
Not open for further replies.

dc89

Are you actually a City PR man?

And he's going to City.

They're the only ones stupid enough to pay him what he wants.

dc, no offense but who gives a fuck about which area he's going to live in.

I mean, that post screams mcfc.co.uk to me. :p

For the seventh time no I'm not lol! I wish!!! Would a City PR man really infiltrate GAF?

I just thought it was interesting that he's been shown around the area.

He's gotta be.

dc, keep us posted on what house he buys, what car he gets and also what underwear he wears to bed.

No problem bro! Will do.

fuenf

For DM/CM we got:
Schweinsteiger (Kroos) Khedira (S. Bender/L. Bender)

I don't think he only want one backup per DM/CM position and since S. Bender is still weak I can imagine Gündogan staying to be the "last resort" MF. Löw would certainly not go into the Euro with only 4 MF for 2 MF positions.

So yeah, I feel like Schürrle will keep his position, which means Draxler is out, S. Bender still being out of form, which means Gündogan stays (or S. Bender finds his form and stays), then one of the keepers will have to go and Merte (still hasn't recuperated) or Höwedes (tough luck) will have to go too.

Well we carried only 2 in South Africa (okay 4 if you count Piotr and Kroos). I dont think that Löw will cut a defender as that would leave us with 6 players for 4 positions. If Gündogan or Bender stays on that would certainly mean that either Cacau or an offensive midfielder would have to be cut.

Edit: lol "the ZERO must stand" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-MwMWrKrGg // http://www.youtube.com/user/cokezero

You a City PR man?
untitled-6adkzk.gif

Piss off Wilbury.

Net Spend per Trophy 92-'11: Arsenal (10) £2.1m, United (21) £8m, Liverpool (7) £32.3m, Chelsea (12) £43m, Sp*rs (2) £84.5m, City (1) £474m.

In this world, Arsenal are the greatest team of the land.

Fur_Q

3 and a half weeks until Prometheus. Oh my.

HYYPPPEE

Refuse to go see Avengers (Assemble lol) because i really don't want to see THAT trailer. I felt too spoilt watching the US trailer and would have preferred to only have seen the International trailer.

Won't even go in the gaff thread because people keep posting gifs and pics.

HYYPPPEE

Refuse to go see Avengers (Assemble lol) because i really don't want to see THAT trailer. I felt too spoilt watching the US trailer and would have preferred to only have seen the International trailer.

You mean the Dark Knight Rises trailer which has the Batman/Catwoman sexscene/fight in it?

Fady K

The Avengers was really awesome. Iron Man stole the whole show :p

Christopher Nolan's Batman is still better IMO. Or in other words, I prefer the mature tone of Batman.

I love the tone in Nolan's Batman. I feel like the third film will have a very different tone...I hope it will not disappoint. I sometimes wonder if it can possibly surpass the first two.

Excellent, excellent post. Thanks.

Happy belated bday Slizz :] How old are you now?

It is. :(

Multi-quoting like Fady is the hardest work.

It really is bro >_> Hence I am doing smaller multiquotes in the past few pages as I have been drained of energy recently.

Hey footygaf, today el 5 de mayo is my birthday! And I've just one wish when I blow out my candles later today, to see this in a couple of weeks: [/IMG]HEED ME FOOTBALL GODS!!

Happy belated bday pulga, what better than having it near the day your team earns the titleS! (Juve & Madrid!) Must be your best bday gift.

Nothing crucial about it. Chelsea were the better team and were 1-0 up. Then got the ghost goal. That was the kick up the arse Spurs needed. Spurs then started to play the better football, started to look really threatening, and as a result got a goal back. Having reduced the goal deficit to 1, Spurs were still in it, but in the same time that Spurs had to pull it back, we knocked another 3 in.

I can understand Spurs fans feeling hard done by that day, but the truth is the ghost goal was what it took to actually get Spurs in to the game. The adrenaline just didn't last though, and no sooner were they back in it than they were out of it again.

A very good assessment IMO. Any idea why we completely switched off against Liverpool in the FA Cup Final though? I felt like we made it waaaaaaaaaay to easy in the last half hour. We didn't seem to try anything for so long.

Carbonox

HYYPPPEE

Yah it's quite the trailer.

HYYPPPEE

Sober post? Sober post.

Ibra:

I don't care what people say, I love him. It's the first time that one of our players tries to force Berlusconi to do something. If it wasn't for him, Juve would've won the scudetto in February.

He is hilarious. First time in his life he didn't win a trophy so he thinks he needs to leave. *rolls eyes*

<3 Zlatan. Swap Bent for Ibra?

Steve Bould to take over from Pat Rice at Arsenal according to Twitter.

He only played 20(?) times for SAFC before having to retire but he was such a quality player.

Who on twitter said it?

Personally I was hoping for Dennis the Menace, but Arsenal's defense is heading the wrong direction, so Bouldie can be an asset in that regard:
chart_1.png

WJD

So, United fans, is next season going to be as miserable as this one?

i feel like such a Liverpool fan

Who on twitter said it?

Personally I was hoping for Dennis the Menace, but Arsenal's defense is heading the wrong direction, so Bouldie can be an asset in that regard:
chart_1.png

It won't be Bergkamp while Wenger is manager, he's not the biggest fan of ex-players being in upper management position, but I can see the scenario of Bergkamp/Adams becoming manager when Wenger retires (he's indicated 2014/5 in the past IIRC).

Bould is an excellent choice, the youth team players that he brought success upon back in 2008 now make up a good number of the first team and he's a very well liked and respected member of the staff, and would settle into his role the quickest, and that's what the club needs.

He is hilarious. First time in his life he didn't win a trophy so he thinks he needs to leave. *rolls eyes*

<3 Zlatan. Swap Bent for Ibra?

Nah, he said that he wants to stay. Or at least I hope that he is saying something that he actually believes in.

If we lose him I don't see us win anything in the next years.

Kyoufu

Hey now! I never leave before the final whistle - ever . Even when Aston Villa embarrassed us at home, and even when it was impossible for us to come back and beat Newcastle after the second goal ;).

You were at the game? Besides, you're not exactly a typical fan since you love everybody :p

It won't be Bergkamp while Wenger is manager, he's not the biggest fan of ex-players being in upper management position, but I can see the scenario of Bergkamp/Adams becoming manager when Wenger retires (he's indicated 2014/5 in the past IIRC).

Bould is an excellent choice, the youth team players that he brought success upon back in 2008 now make up a good number of the first team and he's a very well liked and respected member of the staff, and would settle into his role the quickest, and that's what the club needs.

I have no problem with Bould but he's an ex-player too. Heck, I'd bring him, TA and Nutty back to the club just to teach these fuckers how to defend.

dc89

Off topic: anyone here watch Britain's Got Talent? Only asking cause a lad I went to school with was on it last night live.

For years I've been saying Bould should be assistant or defence coach. It makes sense, hell, we had Keown back for the 05/06 CL as a defence coach and we got all the way to the final without conceding a goal in the knockout stages! (I think)

Clegg

It's gonna be worse.

I know it, you know it, Salazar knows it.

Fuck that, it will be better.

We have a young team that will get better with experience and we'll sign a few players to bolster the midfield. We'll have the best defender in the league back too and he won't take shit from no-one.

At worst we'll finish the league 3 points behind City and miles ahead of everyone else. SAF will learn from his mistakes and we'll come back better next season.

Still need those midfield signings rather badly though.

Salazar

Salazar knows it.

EVJQl.gif

I haven't given up on 2011-12. So don't go speaking for me, Mr Viva.

Edit: I think QPR are a dud outfit and I don't like their chances. But damned if I am going to rule it out. I think Ferguson should have kept quiet, and I agree with you that it was acutely embarrassing for him to play on Hughes getting shafted by City.

I have no problem with Bould but he's an ex-player too. Heck, I'd bring him, TA and Nutty back to the club just to teach these fuckers how to defend.

Good point, I think we definitely need someone just to scare them a little, it always seems to be a lack of discipline or a momentary loss of concentration that causes them to slip up rather than lack of skill.

As for our kit, its slowly growing on me but its not great. Our kit for 2010-11 is the pinnacle of what we can do with our colours, and there isn't much else that can be improved with it. I will miss our anniverary crest, it added a touch of class our modern corporate logo doesnt have.

For years I've been saying Bould should be assistant or defence coach. It makes sense, hell, we had Keown back for the 05/06 CL as a defence coach and we got all the way to the final without conceding a goal in the knockout stages! (I think)
919 minutes without a goal conceded; it was an amazing campaign.

Messi

Good point, I think we definitely need someone just to scare them a little, it always seems to be a lack of discipline or a momentary loss of concentration that causes them to slip up rather than lack of skill.

As for our kit, its slowly growing on me but its not great. Our kit for 2010-11 is the pinnacle of what we can do with our colours, and there isn't much else that can be improved with it. I will miss our anniverary crest, it added a touch of class our modern corporate logo doesnt have.

919 minutes without a goal conceded; it was an amazing campaign.

THIS

Fady K

GOAL!!!

COME ON CHELSEA!! DO THIS FOR FADY!!!

I love you man :D I was thinking "Toure! Do it for DC" against Newcastle.

Drogba et Lampard making all these Chelsea fans who backed Villas-Boas and his rebuilding fans look stupid.

True; I was one of the biggest AVB backers here, and I was not happy with his sacking at all until I saw how much better the team actually is withOUT him. Even if Di Matteo is no tactical genius - he's done better than AVB in possibly every area. His substitutions make far better sense. His starting lineups are less predictable and surprising in a good way most of the time. Many players get chances under Di Matteo, and many players have improved under him - Cech and Luiz included. Cahill too. Their counter attacks have been far more clinical, and when they actually try, their defense is damn solid. The older players are getting more play time, Torres improved big time, and so on and so forth. AVB was simply not logical.

Also, above all else, Di Matteo brough UNITY. I still feel bad that AVB did not succeed, but when you say shit like "I don't need my player's backing" then it's hard to connect with your players. Di Matteo also gives far more credit to many individuals, whereas AVB was always insistent on taking away the spotlight from one player and saying it doesn't matter, it's about the team, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom