• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT10| Silverware, promotion, survival, relegation and tears

Status
Not open for further replies.
Off topic: anyone here watch Britain's Got Talent? Only asking cause a lad I went to school with was on it last night live.

You went to School with mr zip? Awesome

But you do post some inane shite about city still

Also I'm glad Owen hargreaves pre season workout worked well for him

All those talent shows makes me want to hammer rusty nails through my cock. I DON'T WANT TO PAY FOR THIS SHIT.
LLShC.gif

I think the thing about AVB is that he was building for the future, whereas Di Matteo came in with the intention of winning now. I don't think AVB handled his position well, but I still think the older players were disgraceful throughout the whole saga. In the end I think removing Villa-Boas from his position was the only move left to make.

Villa-Boas to Villa!

I think the thing about AVB is that he was building for the future, whereas Di Matteo came in with the intention of winning now. I don't think AVB handled his position well, but I still think the older players were disgraceful throughout the whole saga. In the end I think removing Villa-Boas from his position was the only move left to make.

Villa-Boas to Villa!

Yep. He was building for the future and that was probably the right thing to do, problem was he in the process managed to piss off most of the squad and no matter how big cunts some of the players might have been, is makes so much more sense to fire a manager than half of the team, especially when AVB also seemed to have slowly but surely lost his mind dealing with the old brigade in Chelsea.

Even if Di Matteo I have my doubt if he's the right manager for Chelsea in the next season, it's a team that does desperately need re building, even if they are doing great right now.

dc89

I love you man :D I was thinking "Toure! Do it for DC" against Newcastle.

True; I was one of the biggest AVB backers here, and I was not happy with his sacking at all until I saw how much better the team actually is withOUT him. Even if Di Matteo is no tactical genius - he's done better than AVB in possibly every area. His substitutions make far better sense. His starting lineups are less predictable and surprising in a good way most of the time. Many players get chances under Di Matteo, and many players have improved under him - Cech and Luiz included. Cahill too. Their counter attacks have been far more clinical, and when they actually try, their defense is damn solid. The older players are getting more play time, Torres improved big time, and so on and so forth. AVB was simply not logical.

Also, above all else, Di Matteo brough UNITY. I still feel bad that AVB did not succeed, but when you say shit like "I don't need my player's backing" then it's hard to connect with your players. Di Matteo also gives far more credit to many individuals, whereas AVB was always insistent on taking away the spotlight from one player and saying it doesn't matter, it's about the team, etc.

I like AVB and wish him well in his next job. I hope he returns to the PL one day.

You went to School with mr zip? Awesome

But you do post some inane shite about city still

Also I'm glad Owen hargreaves pre season workout worked well for him

No lol! One of the lads from that band called The Mend.

Fady K

LOL at Ivanovic.

She seems so peaceful all the time.

We've completely stopped playing.

That pissed me off completely. Maybe we were tired, maybe we were afraid - I'm not sure what it was but we did not do anything other than let Liverpool attack for a full HALF HOUR. It was sickening. At least they ended the game right by not letting Liverpool touch the ball in the last 5 minutes. I just can't believe how difficult they made it for themselves in the second half.

GZ to Chelsea! Happy for Fady!

untitled-34ulio.gif

Wotcha, lads. Seems I missed out on a lot today...

0073_hbet.gif

I can't be the first person here who is reminded of David Luiz every time I see this pic!

Messi embraces Pep after scoring his 72nd goal of the season.

An emotional moment; very sad :[ I wish he had the energy and desire to stick around and be the Ferguson of Barca.

GorillaJu

I love you man :D I was thinking "Toure! Do it for DC" against Newcastle.

True; I was one of the biggest AVB backers here, and I was not happy with his sacking at all until I saw how much better the team actually is withOUT him. Even if Di Matteo is no tactical genius - he's done better than AVB in possibly every area. His substitutions make far better sense. His starting lineups are less predictable and surprising in a good way most of the time. Many players get chances under Di Matteo, and many players have improved under him - Cech and Luiz included. Cahill too. Their counter attacks have been far more clinical, and when they actually try, their defense is damn solid. The older players are getting more play time, Torres improved big time, and so on and so forth. AVB was simply not logical.

Also, above all else, Di Matteo brough UNITY. I still feel bad that AVB did not succeed, but when you say shit like "I don't need my player's backing" then it's hard to connect with your players. Di Matteo also gives far more credit to many individuals, whereas AVB was always insistent on taking away the spotlight from one player and saying it doesn't matter, it's about the team, etc.

I find it hard to get on board with this. Despite the fact that Chelsea is sitting higher in the table than Liverpool were this time last season, you're saying nearly identical things to what we were saying last year.

Liverpool fans were all saying how Kuyt, Maxi and co. were all great footballers and we shouldn't be looking to get rid, but now here we are a year later and Maxi, who scored two hat tricks in the tail end of last season while Kuyt bagged one too have been woeful every time they've been played.

Yes, the team spirit is there. The unity is there, but the players who weren't good enough for the previous manager aren't good enough for the current manager, either.

Drogba has had some incredible goals recently, though. No denying that.

GorillaJu

Oh, looks like the Liverpool kit is finally going to be shown on May 11. I'm shocked it hasn't really leaked yet - looking forward to seeing what the new manufacturer has lined up!

Oh, looks like the Liverpool kit is finally going to be shown on May 11. I'm shocked it hasn't really leaked yet - looking forward to seeing what the new manufacturer has lined up!

As a huge Warrior Sports supporter, I am too. I wish their first sponsorship deal was with a non Premier League team so I could blindly purchase the kit.

I think this kit is going to look sexy as fuck, and the third kit will be wacky as fuck. And the second kit will be pure class.

EDIT: And by wacky, I mean probably kind of ugly, but in an awesome way.

GorillaJu

As a huge Warrior Sports supporter, I am too. I wish their first sponsorship deal was with a non Premier League team so I could blindly purchase the kit.

I think this kit is going to look sexy as fuck, and the third kit will be wacky as fuck. And the second kit will be pure class.

EDIT: And by wacky, I mean probably kind of ugly, but in an awesome way.

I think it'll just be ugly in an ugly way.

No pictures yet, but apparently during the photo shoot the kit got a really good reception from the people in attendance when Gerrard stepped out in it.

I'll probably buy a home kit, but kind of want a big Andy shirt.. and I need to make sure we're keeping him. :lol

dc89

I think it'll just be ugly in an ugly way.

No pictures yet, but apparently during the photo shoot the kit got a really good reception from the people in attendance when Gerrard stepped out in it.

I'll probably buy a home kit, but kind of want a big Andy shirt.. and I need to make sure we're keeping him. :lol

Don't buy a Carroll shirt, get a Gerrard one.

James McCarthy has chosen to withdraw himself from selection for Euro2012? Why?

Edit - His father has been diagnosed with cancer. Very sad news. Understand his decision.

So, United fans, is next season going to be as miserable as this one?

i feel like such a Liverpool fan

Fuck that shit. I'm still holding out hope for this season. All we need is a 10-0 win at Sunderland. BELIEVE!

If only the match was played on FIFA...

As for next season, without any standout signings (in the midfield), I think the league may be out of reach. City's a class above and if anything, they'll find a way to strengthen over the summer. But there's no way our European record will be as miserable as it was this year. Punked twice by Basel and destroyed home and away by Bilbao? Fuck outta here with that.

Clegg

It's a joke that Seamus Coleman is only on the stand-by list. He's better than half the squad thats been named.

Understandable that Mc Carthy has withdrawn and I hope his Dad gets better. But its left us with a possible Gibson/Whelan midfield partnership.... \vomit

No Ciaran Clarke either jesus fucking christ. Well I suppose it could have been worse.

Hold on Paul Mc Shane is on standby?

Fucking kill me.

Actually, Was Hoolohan and Anthony Pilkington are Irish qualified too.

Why u no bring them, Trap?

It's a joke that Seamus Coleman is only on the stand-by list. He's better than half the squad thats been named.

Understandable that Mc Carthy has withdrawn and I hope his Dad gets better. But its left us with a possible Gibson/Whelan midfield partnership.... \vomit

No Ciaran Clarke either jesus fucking christ. Well I suppose it could have been worse.

Hold on Paul Mc Shane is on standby?

Fucking kill me.

Actually, Was Hoolohan and Anthony Pilkington are Irish qualified too.

Why u no bring them, Trap?

Wait, Ciaran Clark didn't even get an invite to the preliminary squad? Whoever said the Ireland Boss is conservative is right. No reason not to include him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom