• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT10| Silverware, promotion, survival, relegation and tears

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, I wish Terry could play in the final!

I wish he was playing also, so he can make a mistake which leads to Bayern scoring and winning the Champions League. Better yet, it would be awesome if he missed a penalty. Biggest cunt in the PL by far.

He's nowhere near Drogba, but that has to be the ultimate aim, given his build and style of play. We still have 3 or more years before he'll hit his peak.

It's kind of funny that Drogba and Carroll are my height. I see them on the pitch and think they must be 6'6'' or beyond (I'm 6'2" for reference).

Kyoufu

I wish he was playing also, so he can make a mistake which leads to Bayern scoring and winning the Champions League. Better yet, it would be awesome if he missed a penalty. Biggest cunt in the PL by far.

Yup.

Chelsea will turn up for that final though. JT will be lifting that cup :(

Meier

I bet they're filming a lot of this for the Liverpool documentary that FSC is doing. Should make for a good episode for the fans.

No milkshake, not even a chocolate one. Disappointing Diet Coke instead. :(

Time for a new girlfriend..

Carbonox

He's nowhere near Drogba, but that has to be the ultimate aim, given his build and style of play. We still have 3 or more years before he'll hit his peak.

Carroll during the first half of last season, before he moved to Liverpool, was something special. Fantastic playmaking ability, strength, even pace. He was/is a very good hitter of the ball too. His heading ability is an obvious positive trait.

I don't doubt that a bit more time and he will showcase the talent that made teams take notice. Bags of potential.

Fry

Drogba is one of the greatest I've ever seen, silly comparison.

But Carroll has certainly improved a lot this season, he's not a joke of a player anymore. Him and Torres basically went through the same situation and both are getting somewhere.

Sanjuro

Isn't John Henry with the team today?

That would make sense. There is one guy on the station who follows Liverpool, the rest will just mock them. I'm always intrigued when I hear them talking about the team, it's like an alternate dimension kind of feeling.

Although, it's amazing you guys basically have a variant of Sweet Caroline that you play. I think it's called Never Walk Alone or something of that nature.

ATF487

What is going on with Liverpool today? We've been making fun of them all day on Boston sports radio...feel connected.

This game is meaningless...imagine the Red Sox being mathematically eliminated from the Wild Card and beating the Yankees (well, maybe more like the Rays) 10-0 at the end of the season

Moobabe

You've been making teams look good all season. Don't let this purple patch fool you. Chelsea are not top 4 material right now.

Hopefully DiMatteo gets the job and prolongs the 'actual' recovery for another before being fired.

Oh I'm not fooled - I couldn't pick one player who has played well so far. Malouda, Essien and Ferreira are playing for their futures at the club and not making a convincing argument. For me Di Matteo has got this wrong.

Romeu NEEDS someone along side him in the middle - Essien is not that player. He's out of form and clearly out of fitness - he needs a change of scenery.

Torres has ALWAYS struggled against Liverpool - so why play him up top on his own? Malouda is offering literally nothing in the way of support for him. Why not start Lukaku alongside Torres? The guy is hungry for games.

Arnie

We also got this one:
"Liverpool are the first ever club in #EPL history to miss five penalties in a single PL season."
You can't buy history.

Wasn't a surprise that we missed the penalty. Downing and Henderson scoring in the same was too much of a statistical improbability.

Cobano

Neo Member
So I had to start watching the game after reading your reactions from the first half. And already Chelsea have got one back

Sanjuro

This game is meaningless...imagine the Red Sox being mathematically eliminated from the Wild Card and beating the Yankees (well, maybe more like the Rays) 10-0 at the end of the season

Those games are still fun for the real fans. For about twelve years, I used to make it a point to purchase a ticket for the final game the day tickets go on sale. To me successful season or not it always felt satisfying.

Hahaha briliant

I'm going to go out on a limb and say this is something prior to the John Henry era.

untitled-8bej1u.gif

Meier

http://www.abload.de/img/untitled-8bej1u.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]
This is what the ESPN Gamecast said: Goal! Liverpool 3, Chelsea 1. Ramires (Chelsea) with an attempt from very close range to the bottom right corner. Assisted by Florent Malouda with a cross following a set piece situation.

Can you really even call that an attempt? :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom