• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT10| Silverware, promotion, survival, relegation and tears

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanjuro

Just the idea of Liverpool's revered anthem actually being Sweet Caroline is funny to me

YNWA has been sung at Anfield since the early Sixties.

Yeah, I have no clue when it comes to European soccer. Like I said before, different dimensions.

They played the crowd version on the radio alongside Sweet Caroline. The pacing and tone were eerily similar. Wasn't sure if it was something brought in.

Shame the 3rd and 4th films are terrible :(

I've always had a soft spot for the 3rd one. No where near as good as the first 2 but it's okay.

Did you get the proper one or the shitty version? The former is a black case, the latter is a bluey one.

Don't really know tbh, probably the latter haha. I've been meaning to get them for a while so I'm not really too fussed at that kind of price.

Wilbur

Banned
Flanagan, Kelly, Coates, Robinson, Shelvey, Henderson, Sterling and Carroll; that's the makings of a good young team there

Substitute gk is having an awful day
KuGsj.gif

TrueBlue

Nice finish by Shelvey. Oh well, there goes fourth. Individual mistakes and some bad luck (although, we've been riding on a wave of some fortune for a while now...) have cost us today. At least we beat L'Pool when it really mattered at Wembley.

jtb

Banned
the only thing that could possibly make this match higher on entertainment value is if torres and/or carrol score.

Clegg

I know Chelsea couldn't give a fuck about this game but Liverpool look so much better than they did in the cup final.

Seep

The sweet Caroline song is actually "Sweet Carroll 9" I know it's not as catchy as the Suarez song but whatcha gunna do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom