• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT10| Silverware, promotion, survival, relegation and tears

Status
Not open for further replies.

rififi

untitled-9dfjhv.gif

I was hoping the shot would have hit the post, but still funny nonetheless.

I wouldn't begrudge Liverpool this result, I'm sure it's lovely, but they should recognise we're playing 5 second string players and an absolutely dire Essien.

Carbonox

I wouldn't begrudge Liverpool this result, I'm sure it's lovely, but they should recognise we're playing 5 second string players and an absolutely dire Essien.

Don't you go down the doicare route. :p To be honest, even on paper, this Chelsea squad is strong enough to beat Liverpool.

Lakitu

st5fu
We've scored 4 goals, Reina made a save and if Downing actually beats a man, I'll start to question reality.

Carroll. :(

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much

So are Liverpool. Carragher, Shelvey, Maxi, Downing.

Labadal

That's true, but after seeing us play horribly most of the season, it's fun seeing us score many goals in one game. Would be a different game with Drogba, Lampard, Cole, Mata and Mikel/Mereiles.

Empty

that's some fucking cross

reminds me of beckham putting it on fat ronaldo's foot from a similar position. except with andy carroll.

And we were playing a B team midfield on Saturday but that's football for you. Which gifted the goals to Chelsea.

Holy shit what a ball from Johnson.

Lightning

Banned
And? This Chelsea performance is shocking either way. Lose in Munich now and you can enjoy Europa next season...

TeegsD

@SkySporksNews
BREAKING: Bayern Munich are allegedly trying to overturn the ban placed on John Terry in the Champions League Final.

And? This Chelsea performance is shocking either way. Lose in Munich now and you can enjoy Europa next season...
I'm not saying what I am as an excuse for our performance. I'm just saying if I were a Liverpool fan I wouldn't make too much of this.

As for Europa league, good. I've said it before, a stint in the Europa league would do us a world of good, and it's all we deserve.

bud

suarez, hahaha. guys, do you realize that this match is LEGENDARY? ten years from now, people will still be laughing at it.

Feorax

I'm not saying what I am as an excuse for our performance. I'm just saying if I were a Liverpool fan I wouldn't make too much of this.

As for Europa league, good. I've said it before, a stint in the Europa league would do us a world of good, and it's all we deserve.

Trust me, we know our (numerous) shortcomings.

Still, it's nice to have a night when everything works like it's supposed to.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
No one probably cares but I think it is interesting that Stabaek will be in Europa League next season due to fair play. The club is in a financial crisis and sold many of its players. In seven games this season they have 0 points.

Very strange and unecessary movement from Suarez right fist there.

Wouldn't be surprised if he gets a charge for that. Think he meant it.

suarez, hahaha. guys, do you realize that this match is LEGENDARY? ten years from now, people will still be laughing at it.

There has been so much gold in so many of Liverpool's games this season. I'll be disappointed if there is isn't a compilation with Benny Hill music on Youtube by the end of the season.

Wilbur

Banned
No one probably cares but I think it is interesting that Stabaek will be in Europa League next season due to fair play. The club is in a financial crisis and sold many of its players. In seven games this season they have 0 points.

I assume they'll be out first round then?

Also Suarez what the fuck haha, no need to go swinging fists

TrueBlue

Quick point: Whether it be our A or our B team, the Chelsea players seem to be slipping over a lot recently. Perhaps we need new studs?

Lightning

Banned
Yeah but Liverpool have had a worse year than us so if I was a Liverpool fan I would be enjoying the moment as well.

Everyone knows Liverpool have a lot of shortcomings, much like Arsenal, Spurs and Chelsea do but when you win well, enjoy it. Worry about fixing the shortcomings at the end of the season.

sohois

Where are my subs, where is my Sterling?

Even more than Stirling, why isn't Kuyt being given a last game in front of the home fans? Kenny subs are almost always annoying, now its quite ridiculous.

edit: right on cue, here are Kuyt & Stirling. Should have been 15 minutes ago

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom