• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT10| Silverware, promotion, survival, relegation and tears

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sloosha

That thread is hilarious. Some of the descriptions are amazing.

Got some pics for this wee little thread?

This is Lucas Oil stadium:
zxe5Z.jpg

The mockups, from Talk Chelsea, basically look like this, but with the iconic Battersea facade, and the four chimneys.

elsk

Banned
Well, I wouldn't be going to the stadium itself, that would be crazy expensive. But I would like to be in Munich for the final, they're playing the final on big screens in the old stadium and outside the Allianz

edit: nvm, flight tickets are crazy expensive too :(

Does anybody fancy a couple of games of Fifa 12 on 360?

My mic isn't working atm but if anyone is up for it: Willkiller07

I'll be Newcastle :p

Let's play tomorrow!

Haven't even posted in this new thread yet. Last free days before Summer semester starts and my B-day is today. I've been pretty inebriated for a good chunk of the last 2 days. Which of course continues tomorrow with Cinco de Mayo and Mayweather Cotto.

Happy birthday bud!

I think City should invest in a new coach rather than new players as their squad as it stands is pretty damn good I have no idea why they are still planning on buying so many other players.

City, planning?
lol_zpsadb46354.gif

Yes? They seem to have planned everything fairly well and have maybe a bit slowly but surely gone through the league positions, can disagree with them buying prima donnas and trouble makers when they first got all their money, but there's no real signs of the club being controlled badly.

Yes? They seem to have planned everything fairly well and have maybe a bit slowly but surely gone through the league positions, can disagree with them buying prima donnas and trouble makers when they first got all their money, but there's no real signs of the club being controlled badly.

This is actually why I think they should invest in a new coach. I am pretty sure if it were Mourhino in charge they would have wont he title already and these upcoming games would just be formalities.

rififi

And what a good buy he is :(

With Kagawa, They'd buy him and put him on the bench like with Sahin.

edit: Happy b-day Slizz :D

Well, Benzema still has 31 goals this season (20 in la liga), and 26 last season . . . but I still agree with you about Kagawa. Sahin was injured for most of the season, and when he was fit to play, hasn't really been on form.

Ahh, I've been misreading battersea as battlesea. Battlesea sounds much better

I did the same. They should really just rename it battlesea.

This is actually why I think they should invest in a new coach. I am pretty sure if it were Mourhino in charge they would have wont he title already and these upcoming games would just be formalities.

Well... Maybe. But I just don't agree with them lacking planning.

rififi

This is Lucas Oil stadium:
zxe5Z.jpg

The mockups, from Talk Chelsea, basically look like this, but with the iconic Battersea facade, and the four chimneys.

Just saw the mockups at Talk Chelsea - they were using Lucas Oil Stadium and just putting the chimneys on it, but based on the dimensions of the entire Battersea building at 160m x 170m and the fact that the current Stamford Bridge pitch is 103m x 67m, I'm not entirely sure the pitch will be in the middle of the stadium. In terms of conservation conditions, it is primarily the four chimneys and the west turbine hall that needs to stay.

Someone on Talk Chelsea posted a possible solution with the east hall removed which I think might be more likely if Chelsea's bid gets approved:
Jl3Ww.png

I actually like Stamford Bridge, but I guess it isn't the largest stadium - is there a lot of demand for attendance at Chelsea home games that requires a new stadium?

FootballFan

There's funny thing happening in the Eredevisie now. UEFA has given an extra Europa League ticket for the Respect Fair Play Ranking. Currently, Heerenveen has the highest fair play ranking followed by Twente, Ajax and fourth is Excelsior.

Heerenveen ! I used them on Fifa 12 for ages. :D

Bas Dost has had a great season for them in real life. Assaidi, Narsingh and Duricic were really good too but in Fifa not sure about real life lol.

Hard to post more when there's so much more EPL discussion than La Liga :x Maybe I should adopt a premiership team?

I might follow Aston Villa next season for the fun.
Or I'll follow West Ham. Something to get me interested in the EPL other than just watching for entertainment.

I'd also like a team to keep an eye out on in the Serie A, and Napoli or Juve would be my first picks but they are too good now. Palermo might be the one, entertainment there. lol

I'm bored, so I might as well post this - a video of Mourinho and Guardiola in a rare moment embracing each other when they both had a full head of thick, black hair: Mourdiola

:(

PaulLFC

I actually like Stamford Bridge, but I guess it isn't the largest stadium - is there a lot of demand for attendance at Chelsea home games that requires a new stadium?
More seats = more ticket money each week which is I guess why they want to move. I've heard they had to put season tickets on general sale this season though, so if that's true, they might have a hard time selling out a 60,000 seater stadium week in week out.

Heerenveen ! I used them on Fifa 12 for ages. :D

Bas Dost has had a great season for them in real life. Assaidi, Narsingh and Duricic were really good too but in Fifa not sure about real life lol.

I might follow Aston Villa next season for the fun.
Or I'll follow West Ham. Something to get me interested in the EPL other than just watching for entertainment.

I'd also like a team to keep an eye out on in the Serie A, and Napoli or Juve would be my first picks but they are too good now. Palermo might be the one, entertainment there. lol

:(

We will welcome you with open arms, but it will be nothing like supporting Barcelona.

elsk

Banned
I'm loving Wigan this season, they actually have a nice squad right now. Tottenham can go fuck themselves for selling Palacios.

btw, is "My Little Pony FiM Community" some kind of inside joke?

They are serious. I will stay happily ignorant about the show, afraid if I watch it and actually and like it, that would just be too much to take.

Ugh, the people who are living above me had a party last night. Noisy as fuck but I dealt with it, but I turn pull down my blinds this morning and there's vomit on my window. What the fuuuuuuck, that's some nasty shit. Don't know who they are so will probably just call my landlord and complain, but feel like knocking on their door and rage.

Fry

Ugh, the people who are living above me had a party last night. Noisy as fuck but I dealt with it, but I turn pull down my blinds this morning and there's vomit on my window. What the fuuuuuuck, that's some nasty shit. Don't know who they are so will probably just call my landlord and complain, but feel like knocking on their door and rage.

Put your Justin Bieber shirt on and throw a party too.

elsk

Banned

What if they vomit on you?

GorillaJu

They are serious. I will stay happily ignorant about the show, afraid if I watch it and actually and like it, that would just be too much to take.

There's actually nothing wrong with the show - its really pretty funny and I'm gonna buy the blurays eventually because when I have kids it'll be one of the few kinds of shows I'd want them to watch. It's a great cartoon.

Grown men discussing it, using it as response gifs, avatars and being fanboys of it is what's so shocking. There is a line in the sand between being a man and bitchdom and when this line is drawn you do not cross.

elsk

Banned
I don't know about that, but Adventure Time is freaking awesome. I started watching it like 2 weeks ago and I can't stop.

Meier

Didn't see this posted but I may have missed it.. validity is anyone's guess, but this site is claiming City have only valued RVP at £20 million which has increased his likelihood of staying at Arsenal.

But City’s valuation of him is far below the figure that would force the Gunners to even consider cashing in on their prized asset. Entering the final season of his contract and approaching his 29th birthday at the start of August, City chiefs believe Van Persie’s market value is roughly £20m.

There are also concerns that he could be burnt out by the start of next term, as he will push his season’s tally towards 60 matches at the summer’s European Championship.
City are also factoring in that on top of a fee, they would have to hand Van Persie a four-year contract worth about £200,000 a week.

But any bid of around the £20m mark would be rejected by Arsenal, who are growing increasingly hopeful of hanging on to the striker – especially if they can secure an automatic place in the Champions League.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view...ay-at-Arsenal-as-Manchester-City-bid-just-20m

Today when I was walking past a local subway they had a sign up in the window to let everyone know they are now selling a 6FT sub for 40 pound. The more you know.

This is worse value than Andy Carroll

You don't pay more than say £5 for a footling anyway and if you wanted it toasted it would be cut up anyway

Blablurn

Man, you live in Koln, don't you? You just have to take a train or something I'm guessing.

yep, i live near cologne. the way to munich? thats 600km :( for some of u guys that might sound like a short trip but train tickets are fucking expensive. plane is not that cheaper either. but it's okay, i have sky here. and i can watch every game. i got used to that situation. only have been once to the allianz arena so far. 2008 lol. during the fucking klinsmann era.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom