• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT10| Silverware, promotion, survival, relegation and tears

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get why people are horrified by the united kit. Its uninspired but its not awful. Its kinda just there... I decided not to order it, ill wait and see it in the shop to decide.

Because it looks like something Yogi Bear would eat ham sandwiches on!

Messi

Apparently this is the new barca kit, if they make the blue a little lighter i'd like that kit.

Ashrje_CQAAJ0CO.jpg

Edit: Actually I dig that more than some of the other mockups.

Facism

Gold Member
Jeff, how can you be depressed with a son that cute?

The Euros is going to fuck Juve in the same way the WC fucked Bayern. Expect many injuries and burned out players.

hey at least you might have Burak Yilmaz coming with his 34 goals a season OLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!

Apparently this is the new barca kit, if they make the blue a little lighter i'd like that kit.

Ashrje_CQAAJ0CO.jpg

Dat two-tone.

My next kit purchase will probably be the new US away kit (the blue one, not that candy cane horror show I posted earlier) or Real's kit from this year (the black and gold is pure sex)

Ashes

Banned
Its uninspired but I kind of like the simpleness of the design. There is only so much you can do with a red jersey.

It would have been better had they not tried. I'm betting this will be the most unpopular ( sales wise) jersey for a decade at least.

Fry

Ashrje_CQAAJ0CO.jpg

The kit itself isn't bad. But the sponsor make it horrible for me.

Its uninspired but I kind of like the simpleness of the design. There is only so much you can do with a red jersey.

Doesn't look simple at all to me. It would be simple if it was a solid red. It's got some weird plasticky bits on the shoulders as well.

I'm curious how you choose what shirts to buy. You seem like a collector but you don't go for anything like Newcastle's new away, which is very nice.

TeegsD

Dat two-tone.

My next kit purchase will probably be the new US away kit (the blue one, not that candy cane horror show I posted earlier) or Real's kit from this year (the black and gold is pure sex)

The "waldo" jersey looks really good. Definitely gonna pick it up when its on sale

Barca one is decent, sadly the Arsenal one is trash so i might not end buying one this year which is a shame as my most recent jersey is a Yellow one from last season with Nasri on the back....

TeegsD

So checked out SoccerTriads and they have the new Portugal away jersey for 25-30 USD. I assume they're fake, but is it a good fake?

Messi

Doesn't look simple at all to me. It would be simple if it was a solid red. It's got some weird plasticky bits on the shoulders as well.

I'm curious how you choose what shirts to buy. You seem like a collector but you don't go for anything like Newcastle's new away, which is very nice.

The plastic bits are only on the player kits (they have them this season, well my barca authentic does)

As for how I choose what I buy, I just get what I like the look of and buy some stuff that I get heavily discounted. I am watching an XXL Newcastle home in my local store, it is currently 50 euro but that will drop soon and I will swoop. The new Newcastle away, I am not feeling. I don't really like the brown but I cant wait to see the new home. Want Ba and Cisse kits.

I bought a Spurs home kit this season and love it, so loose and airy.

So checked out SoccerTriads and they have the new Portugal away jersey for 25-30 USD. I assume they're fake, but is it a good fake?
A very very good fake.

I have a few pictures of this seasons United away shirt I ordered off them on my Twitter (@farhat8)

Wilbury and Awesome Animals have also been happy with their purchases.

Slizz

Placed an order for Portugal away and Brazil away on SoccerTriads just now.

Wish they had the USA Kits in stock probably would have gotten one but all good. Under 60$ shipped with the discount code.

CR7 and Euro 2012 patches and Neymar printing on kits.

TeegsD

A very very good fake.

I have a few pictures of this seasons United away shirt I ordered off them on my Twitter (@farhat8)

Wilbury and Awesome Animals have also been happy with their purchases.

As good as can be. I'm wearing my Dutch one now. Honestly, I was surprised how good they are.

Now that's what I like to hear. How long is their standard shipping. Not going to be able to get one due to lack of money right now but should be able to around the time of the Euro. Need to decide between home and away.

Oh man, just noticed that it can take awhile to come in, holy crap. Hmm, going to have to order it sooner than expected.

Slizz

Now that's what I like to hear. How long is their standard shipping. Not going to be able to get one due to lack of money right now but should be able to around the time of the Euro. Need to decide between home and away.

Oh man, just noticed that it can take awhile to come in, holy crap. Hmm, going to have to order it sooner than expected.

10-15 business days after order has been processed, once I get my Portugal away I'll post pics for you.

Wilbur

Banned

Depending on where you live... took about 2 weeks to come to me in UK, took about 3 to get to Awesome Animals in USA.

Also get away, it's much more awesome.

I wish I had the money to get that and the France kit :/

TeegsD

10-15 business days after order has been processed, once I get my Portugal away I'll post pics for you.

Sweet, can't wait.

Depending on where you live... took about 2 weeks to come to me in UK, took about 3 to get to Awesome Animals in USA.

Also get away, it's much more awesome.

I wish I had the money to get that and the France kit :/

That's what I'm leaning towards now. The home jersey is nice but I'd wish Nike would do something new with it. I really want to buy this but I need to pay off Aerosmith and Dave Matthews tickets off first. But it's only 30 bucks. Decisions, decisions.

Slizz

I feel like a schlub paying for real kits :/

With all the positive reviews that GAF has had towards SoccerTraids, I have to try it out. Especially since getting printing and patches on most of these kits is pretty hard to get under $100 even for just a replica.

TeegsD

I feel like a schlub paying for real kits :/

I wish I could pay the 150 bucks for the authentic ones but that's only going to happen in like 5 years when I hopefully have a steady job

Only 3 pounds more for a Euro2012 patch and Nani printing. Must.resist.urges.

The plastic bits are only on the player kits (they have them this season, well my barca authentic does)

As for how I choose what I buy, I just get what I like the look of and buy some stuff that I get heavily discounted. I am watching an XXL Newcastle home in my local store, it is currently 50 euro but that will drop soon and I will swoop. The new Newcastle away, I am not feeling. I don't really like the brown but I cant wait to see the new home. Want Ba and Cisse kits.

I bought a Spurs home kit this season and love it, so loose and airy.

Yeah, I guess it makes sense to buy discounted stuff with the amount you buy!

GorillaJu

Both of the US kits are ace. Fuckin love em. Why is Nike on the ball with international jerseys and so off it with clubs? Barça's home is just plain awful. Their away is okay to me. Arsenals is meh and United's isn't super hot either.

I'll be ordering a Warrior LFC Home kit for sure though and probably a Juve Pirlo jersey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom