• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT10| Silverware, promotion, survival, relegation and tears

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arnie

Unproductive? But you had dominos, and saved 50% that's an achievement

True. And I rang them back because my Texas BBQ half had barely any BBQ sauce on so they delivered me a small Texas BBQ separately, for free, which is now cooling in it's entirety in the fridge. I'll have it for my tea tomorrow.

Got a shit load of work to do though. Might just watch an episode of Friday Night Lights and go to bed, I'm not going to do anything now. I've cracked open a lone Budweiser too which is making me drowsy.

It's gonna be a long summer, and we won't sign anyone because there's "no value in the market", but having Bebe back is a major boost and he'll be like a new signing :(

tumblr_ljbbcy2Qo01qbmlzq.gif

Paracelsus

Here, Yurt

1994/1995 (beginning of 1st Lippi Era at Juventus)

Liga Winners = Real Madrid ( finally winning the championship after years of Barcelona dominance )
Bundesliga Winners = Borussia Dortmund
Serie A Winners = Juventus (1st title win after 9 years of penisucking)
Eredivisie Winners = Ajax

Coppa Italia Winners = JUVENTUS

2011/2012 ( Conte )

Liga Winners = Real Madrid ( again, after years of Barcelona dominance )
Serie A Winners = Juventus (1st title win after 6 years, 9 for Juventus buttmad haters)

Coppa Italia = JUVENTUS vs NAPOLI

At the end of the 1st Lippi season Baggio left Juventus --> The following year Juventus won the UCL
This season is the last one for Del Piero as Juventus' own n10 --> ???

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Here, Yurt

1994/1995 (beginning of 1st Lippi Era at Juventus)

Liga Winners = Real Madrid ( finally winning the championship after years of Barcelona dominance )
Serie A Winners = Juventus (1st title win after 9 years of penisucking)

Coppa Italia Winners = JUVENTUS

2011/2012 ( Conte )

Liga Winners = Real Madrid ( again, after years of Barcelona dominance )
Serie A Winners = Juventus (1st title win after 6 years, 9 for Juventus buttmad haters)

Coppa Italia = JUVENTUS vs NAPOLI

At the end of the 1st Lippi season Baggio left Juventus --> The following year Juventus won the UCL
This season is the last one for Del Piero as Juventus' own n10 --> ???

ix9onEBRJR3j1.gif

WJD

I don't know whether to class my day as productive or not. I've masturbated twice and done some revision.

Fuck off Edmund Burke.

Carbonox

Rumour on twitter that Newcaste deny a United bid of £23m, and that Baines to United was a part of the Gibson move to everton.

It's gonna be a long summer, and we won't sign anyone because there's "no value in the market", but having Bebe back is a major boost and he'll be like a new signing :(

'Rumours' suggest the Man Utd 23m bid was for either Cabaye or Ben Arfa.

Wilbur

Banned
PLEASE STOP WITH THE RUMOURS IT'LL ONLY BREAK MY HEART FURTHER

Cabaye would be a fucking top signing but would be 25m upwards. 5m for him last season, fuck me.

Carbonox

I have no idea why Man Utd would want Ben Arfa though. Matches United GAF's fears of the team going for players they don't need though. :lol

Fuck off is Cabaye not worth 23m. Bullshit. :p

Soi-Fong

Just saw the new Man Utd Home kit. I'm actually liking it and it's starting to grow on me. People would have complained either way if they kept the same red shirt with a bit of alteration to the collar. Nice to see Nike try to do something different.

I'd say my most hated kit this year is Arsenals. Looks like they have the Iraqi flag on their sleeves.. Must be rooting for the war to continue in Iraq then. Very disappointing to say the least.

Fuck off is Cabaye not worth 23m. Bullshit. :p
It's not that he's not worth it (I'd say he is worth about £15-£20m, would obv. cost a bit more because Newcastle don't need/want to sell him) but I just can't see us bidding that much money for him. Not at this stage of the transfer window (which isn't even open yet! heh.)

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
holy crap. that man is a freaking fortune teller.

He was asked about it in a recent interview :p

A few years ago I said something that might’ve been considered presumptuous, saying ‘if in four to five years I haven’t started training a big club (Juve), I’ll dedicate myself to staying home with my family.’

“I felt that I would return to Juventus. When I hung up my boots, I knew it would be ‘until I see you again’ rather than a ‘goodbye.’ I came back and I’m glad what I felt then has come true, even if I must admit the reality surpassed the fantasy.”

Conte admits the passion of the fans has surprised him this week after a six-year wait for silverware.

“It’s fun walking down the street in Turin and seeing people hit the brakes in the middle of the road so they can get out of their cars, hug you, cry and thank you for everything.

Messi

I don't get why people are horrified by the united kit. Its uninspired but its not awful. Its kinda just there... I decided not to order it, ill wait and see it in the shop to decide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom