• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT10| Silverware, promotion, survival, relegation and tears

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ferguson should really just stop managing United if he doesn't manage to get Kagawa. Seriously. A deal doesn't get much easier than this one. All he has to do is pay some cash and it's done.

Ashes

Banned
We aren't signing anyone.

I think I'll play some FM and sign a load of players.

It'll make me feel better for about 10 seconds.

we're defo signing someone. I heard this kid has eyes on the back of his head. Which helps. :p
And scores a lot by the looks of it.

Salvadora

Id be delighted if we signed those two players. But we seem to be in for Hazard right now. That transfer saga will go on for months and in the end he'll sign for City. We'll have spent so much time on Hazard that Kagawa and Asamaoh will have already moved clubs.

It's all too predictable.

Like Sneijder last season. Except he's still there.

elsk

Banned
Wigan new kit

2774777623.jpg

Ferguson should really just stop managing United if he doesn't manage to get Kagawa. Seriously. A deal doesn't get much easier than this one. All he has to do is pay some cash and it's done.

Better use those 15m in an english winger!

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Clegg said:
United will sign Kagawa and Asamoah within 2 weeks of the transfer window opening.

Then we'll be done for the rest of the window.

I'd be happy enough with that tbh.

Asamoah is not cheap by the way. Might as well fork for Sneijder! :p

Clegg

Ashley Young hasn't been a bad signing. I dislike him because he's a diving prick but he has been effective for us this season.

He cost too much but he's been decent this season.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Ashley Young hasn't been a bad signing. I dislike him because he's a diving prick but he has been effective for us this season.

He cost too much but he's been decent this season.

He's a very effective diver. I would love to have someone like him in my team :p

Btw, this is now my new ringtone. Starting at 0:10min. HA PAREGGIATO IL CESENA!!!

Calcio folklore material
o8LR8.gif
o8LR8.gif

elsk

Banned
Bayern transfers so far:

Out
Pranjic - free transfer to China.
Olic - free transfer to Wolfsburg.
Butt (GK) - retires, will be head of youth divisions.
Breno - To prison or to Lazio, free transfer.
Sattelmaier (GK) - free agent.
Riedmüller (GK) - free agent.
Usami - was on loan here, goes to Japan or some bundesliga side (Hoffenheim, Nurnberg)
Nils Petersen - on loan to Bremen.

In
Shaqiri - 11.6M
Dante - 4.7M
Emre Can - promoted from the reserves.
Tom Starke (GK) - free transfer from Hoffenheim.

Aston Villa Football Club transfers so far:

In:
Brett Holman AZ Alkmaar, free
Jean II Markoun Olympiacos, loan return

Out:
none

I hope we keep Markoun and don't sell or loan him again. And I'm sure we will see a few players disappear.

Bayern transfers so far:

Out
Pranjic - free transfer to China.
Olic - free transfer to Wolfsburg.
Butt (GK) - retires, will be head of youth divisions.
Breno - To prison or to Lazio, free transfer.
Sattelmaier (GK) - free agent.
Riedmüller (GK) - free agent.
Usami - was on loan here, goes to Japan or some bundesliga side (Hoffenheim, Nurnberg)
Nils Petersen - on loan to Bremen.

In
Shaqiri - 11.6M
Dante - 4.7M
Emre Can - promoted from the reserves.
Tom Strong (GK) - free transfer from Hoffenheim.

Oh man I love that guy. He was linked to Newcastle for like....a day.....on Twitter. I couldn't help but get my hopes up though. DAMN YOU BAYERN!

Lightning

Banned
Szczesny in doubt for West Brom? Great... that's all we need. We have Jenkinson coming in for Sagna and combined with Gibbs this will provide plenty of entertainment.

Argh... could be a very frustrating weekend.

Hixx

Last weekend of league football for 3 months. Feels bad, man.

Fuck the Euros and Olympics.

Also fuck the BBC for thinking Skream and Benga are an ok replacement for Judge Jules. This shit is terrible. Dubstep really is fucking wank.

Rovers signed a player called Simon Vukcevic in summer, he played a few times and was dangerous every time then disappeared totally, there are two theories to this:

1 - his appearance bonus is too high

Or (and this is my new favourite rumour of all time)

2 - he turned up to training looking like a tramp, has been brainwashed by monks and given away all his wordly possessions

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Jeff, how can you be depressed with a son that cute?
Juve Transfers

In:
Scudetto
Champions League
Cavani

The Euros is going to fuck Juve in the same way the WC fucked Bayern. Expect many injuries and burned out players.

Last weekend of league football for 3 months. Feels bad, man.

Fuck the Euros and Olympics.

Also fuck the BBC for thinking Skream and Benga are an ok replacement for Judge Jules. This shit is terrible. Dubstep really is fucking wank.

Euros is always a great competition IMO. Actually looking forward to it this time because my expectations with England are so low I'll find it hard to get stressed out over it.

Hixx

I enjoy international tournaments. But at the end of the day, they are purely filler for the return of the league.

Jeff, how can you be depressed with a son that cute?

The Euros is going to fuck Juve in the same way the WC fucked Bayern. Expect many injuries and burned out players.

Thankfully I have a lot to keep me happy and known I'm lucky but know some folk to whom rovers is 90% of their life

Carbonox

Alan Pardew has said that it would take an excessive amount of money to prise any of the top players away, otherwise they'll be telling teams to fuck off. So Carroll levels of trolling incoming! Will be interesting to see who takes the bait and tries to offer 40m for Perch.

He also said that he wants to expand the team by around 3 players which is awfully small. I guess replacing sold players doesn't count as he'd want the squad number to increase by 3? So that could be 10 new players if he got rid of 7, etc.

I dunno but 3 players ain't enough.

rodvik

Aston Villa Football Club transfers so far:

In:
Brett Holman AZ Alkmaar, free
Jean II Markoun Olympiacos, loan return

Out:
none

I hope we keep Markoun and don't sell or loan him again. And I'm sure we will see a few players disappear.

Out is Heskey & Cuellar at least. Petrov will stay on payroll but is retired.

Actually I want to see our transfers stay very very low until McLeish is gone. Last thing I want is him hoovering up no skill "battlers".

I have to say Holman looks like a good move though.

rodvik

We won't be, not for a long time.

Anyway sorry for keep moaning about it all guys.

Anyone else think the move to community has been awesome?

Working overtime tomorrow may treat myself to a burger king breakfast

Dont worry mate you aint going anywhere, we will start following the Championship more.

One of us gets relegated we ALL get relegated.

And you are not moaning hardly at all. If my team went down ya'll would need to put me on ignore. My whining would be galactic.

Sir Alex Ferguson on transfers: “We’ve got our own ideas about where we’re going in the summer. I think we’ll be ready for the challenge."

Everybody else's idea - Buy player
Our own idea - Buy nobody

:(

But then hope emerges.

BVB's Mats Hummels on Man Utd target Shinji Kagawa: "Shinji is a world class player, but honestly, I don't expect him to stay with us."

For Arsenal...

:( :( :(

K1LLER7

Rumour on twitter that Newcaste deny a United bid of £23m, and that Baines to United was a part of the Gibson move to everton.

It's gonna be a long summer, and we won't sign anyone because there's "no value in the market", but having Bebe back is a major boost and he'll be like a new signing :(

Rumour on twitter that Newcaste deny a United bid of £23m, and that Baines to United was a part of the Gibson move to everton.

It's gonna be a long summer, and we won't sign anyone because there's "no value in the market", but having Bebe back is a major boost and he'll be like a new signing :(

Hixx

Newcastle are probably worth more than £23m to be fair to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom