• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT10| Silverware, promotion, survival, relegation and tears

Status
Not open for further replies.

Messi

This, despite the awesome price tags. I'm incredibly picky.

Its a curse.

I also usually want lesser known/printed players on my kits (ie in ireland if you want a barca kit with anyone other than Messi forget about it, so I order online and get my Thiago kit). As for euro kits, Irish stores dont do printing and when they do its only back numbers which I wont do without the front number.

Fry

Tomorrowz

iUkincVpc4nuu.jpg

Clegg

I missed the United gloom talk from earlier on.

We're fucked. We'll sign Baines for £10m more than he's actually worth and Kagawa will go to Arsenal for cheap while we're swinging our dicks looking at some 17 year old from League 1 who may eventually be a decent squad player for us in 5 years time.

Salazar

Toughen up, Clegg.

At least wait for the window to open before you collapse like Jermaine Jenas/Kieron Dyer/Tom Cleverley hit by a strong breeze.

Clegg

Toughen up, Clegg.

At least wait for the window to open before you collapse like Jermaine Jenas hit by a strong breeze.

Do you expect us to sign anyone?

Vidic will return and that will be "like a new signing."

I expect a summer full of pointless hype that inevitably ends in disappointment and us crying into our Cristiano Ronaldo duvets.

rodvik

You guys will be fine. You can still win the league and coming second would hardly be a disaster. You will make a good signing or two this summer to cover the big holes no doubt, you always do.

The only time to panic is when SAF leaves. Then you have my permission to go into full meltdown :)

Sage00

Once And Future Member
Just read this:

Drogba is credited with playing a vital role in bringing peace to his country. After Côte d’Ivoire qualified for the 2006 World Cup, Drogba made a desperate plea to the combatants, asking them to lay down their arms, a plea which was answered with a cease fire after five years of civil war. Drogba later helped move an African Cup of Nations qualifier to the rebel stronghold of Bouake; a move that helped confirm the peace process. In September 2011, Drogba joined the Truth, Reconciliation and Dialogue Commission as a representative to help return peace to his home nation. His involvement in the peace process lead to Drogba being named as one of the world’s 100 most influential people by Time magazine for 2010. Further he helped build a much needed hospital in his home town with £3Million pounds of his own money. He has been a goodwill Ambassador for the United nations Development Programme since 2007.

Feel bad about slagging him off for being a diving, time wasting bastard now.

FootballFan

Just read this:

Drogba is credited with playing a vital role in bringing peace to his country. After Côte d’Ivoire qualified for the 2006 World Cup, Drogba made a desperate plea to the combatants, asking them to lay down their arms, a plea which was answered with a cease fire after five years of civil war. Drogba later helped move an African Cup of Nations qualifier to the rebel stronghold of Bouake; a move that helped confirm the peace process. In September 2011, Drogba joined the Truth, Reconciliation and Dialogue Commission as a representative to help return peace to his home nation. His involvement in the peace process lead to Drogba being named as one of the world’s 100 most influential people by Time magazine for 2010. Further he helped build a much needed hospital in his home town with £3Million pounds of his own money. He has been a goodwill Ambassador for the United nations Development Programme since 2007.

Yeah I saw him talk about that on the Graham Norton show. He is a really nice guy it seems, and he has done great things for people. Doesn't mean he isn't a diving time waster though. lol

Fry

Just read this:

Drogba's good character can be seen on the pitch. Besides the diving, he is very kind to any player around him. You can see he cares a lot about them.

Fry

Talking about funny shows, I've been watching the first season of Arrested Development. Dayum, this show is amazing. I simply couldn't pick a favorite character right now, they're all perfect.

choodi

Banned
Actually I want to see our transfers stay very very low until McLeish is gone. Last thing I want is him hoovering up no skill "battlers".

I have to say Holman looks like a good move though.

Man, i hope you like players that just run around like a chicken with its head cut off.

Holman is an awful player that cannot hold a position at all. When he plays for Australia he constantly fucks up any kind of possession we have and doesn't do much more than get in the way of the real players.

If you want someone that epitomizes the "no skill battler" then Holman is your man.

All energy and running, no skill or tactical nouse.

Blablurn

Tomorrowz

iUkincVpc4nuu.jpg

my body is ready.

my beer is ready.

just need to buy some snacks. what do u guys usually eat during football games?

Talking about funny shows, I've been watching the first season of Arrested Development. Dayum, this show is amazing. I simply couldn't pick a favorite character right now, they're all perfect.

glad u like it! such an awesome show. and im so glad my girlfriend likes it haha. the first weeks after finishing the series with her, we were always using that infamous "HER?" haha. i love that show and i cant wait for the next season.

Salazar

Another reason why we have to grab midfielders is that I can't watch more matches of Giggs struggling out of position.

Great player, gigantic contribution to the club. But experience doesn't let you play at the top level, late in your career, in a position you're not built for.

choodi

Banned
From BBC Sport:
Pardew, who was named Premier League manager of the season on Friday, revealed he is also making plans to add to his squad.

"I am contemplating bringing in someone because we don't have a dominant header of the ball. On the scouting front we are looking at a centre-half who can come and score us eight goals next season," he added.

"If we didn't have Demba Ba we wouldn't have Papiss Cisse and we are trying to bring another player to the club who is close to Yohan Cabaye. That is another little connection and a bit of a clue for you."

Any guesses?
Hazard...yeah right

I think Rodvik is right.

I don't have the strength to spend the next few months fearing the worst. Got to believe.

Agreed. The pessimism is a bit much. We always sign players in the summer. Maybe not the players everyone wants, but we always do business. The last year I can remember when we brought only one player in is the season we got Carrick.

Fry

glad u like it! such an awesome show. and im so glad my girlfriend likes it haha. the first weeks after finishing the series with her, we were always using that infamous "HER?" haha. i love that show and i cant wait for the next season.

Yeah, I really love it so far, now I know why people were so excited about a new season. This man is simply amazing:

i7BjaRNvTftZ.gif

ROFL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom