• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT10| Silverware, promotion, survival, relegation and tears

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yen

Seen some twitter rumblings today that we've opened talks regarding Adam Johnson and Clint Dempsey. Both great players, but if we're on a limited budget this year, we could probably buy smarter. Think we should be looking to get a competent DOF in soon before we overspend another £40 million.
If we could get those two for £25m or less, I'd be very happy. We haven't had attacking depth since the Houllier years.

Saw Foo Fighters in 2005, so fucking good.
Was also lucky enough to see Them Crooked Vultures a couple of years ago :D

Lucky you!! Grohl and Homme (and JPJ is amazing, pity he hasn't done much since Zeppelin, but then neither have Plant or Page) are my two favourite artists. Seeing the Foos in August. Can't wait.

fuenf

What did Kahn said?

He never saw a FC Bayern team play this badly in a final, losing 1-0 or 2-1 would've been ok but with this loss Bayern lost a ton of momentum and it will be hard for them to heal their wounds. He explained that you cant compare Dortmund with Bayern and that it's therefore impossible to say if Klopp would make a great Bayern coach.

Seen some twitter rumblings today that we've opened talks regarding Adam Johnson and Clint Dempsey. Both great players, but if we're on a limited budget this year, we could probably buy smarter. Think we should be looking to get a competent DOF in soon before we overspend another £40 million.

There's a big LFC press conference scheduled for Monday apparently. No one seems to know what it's for yet though. Txiki Bergiristain is still apparently our #1 DoF target. I wouldn't mind Dempsey, providing we get Aquilani back that'd give us decent attacking depth in the middle. Adam surely must be gone. Please? A.Johnson...not sure. Think he's great off the bench, but I wouldn't want to pay City huge cash for him. He's not proven to track back well enough for me. I'd try and nick Usami off the Bundesliga before trying for Adam Johnson.

Hoillet and Joe Allen would be nice. Faurlin from QPR too if they go down. Steven Fletcher can finish too.

From abroad...don't know. Haven't been able to watch enough European football with my shit internet connection here. Hopefully that'll change now I'm moving to Japan for my new job. /blog

Oxx

I saw the Foo Fighters in Hyde Park. They were really quiet. You could hear everyone chatting away in the crowd.

Stupid noise restrictions.

I took this pic last summer in the concert they did in Madrid.

263160_1843355529833_1418941903_31546691_2148222_n.jpg

I drank his motherfucking sweat.

Kenka

What did Kahn said?

He also mentioned that Klopp's methods may have to change in the upcoming competitions: Dortmund is now expected to win and this additional pressure has to be managed somehow. What will be changed in order to sustain this success ?

Kahn has made some insightful remarks and I think he has followed to whole situation closely. He is also quite a well-spoken person, something you would not expect from an albinos gorilla :)

TeegsD

I saw the Foo Fighters in Hyde Park. They were really quiet. You could hear everyone chatting away in the crowd.

Stupid noise restrictions.

Meanwhile in South America, Tenacious D and Foo Fighters produced noise levels so loud, it was caught on earthquake detectors.
I took this pic last summer in the concert they did in Madrid.

263160_1843355529833_1418941903_31546691_2148222_n.jpg

I drank his motherfucking sweat.

Sweet lord

EDIT

GOAL RICKY 1-0

TeegsD

Halftime. We've pretty much dominated the game. Scored on a defensive error but we haven't let up pressure. We need to just control the ball in the second half and look to add some more.

The best scene was Watzke just standing at the center of the pitch and watching the players lift the trophy and crying a bit. You really saw the whole past going through his mind. What an incredible guy and an incredible story, it's important to say a big thanks to him, too.

Also, the Lahm interview was pretty funny. He said something like "over the whole 90 minutes, we were the better team". Instantly reminded me of the Xavi and Iniesta pic with "more possession, so we basically won" lol

elsk

Banned
Also, the Lahm interview was pretty funny. He said something like "over the whole 90 minutes, we were the better team". Instantly reminded me of the Xavi and Iniesta pic with "more possession, so we basically won" lol

Kind of funny when he was one of the worst players on the pitch today. Maybe not his fault, could be Jupp but he was playing as RW today. If he correctly defended one time in the whole match I would be surprised. Robben defended better than him.

My initials.

Will
J_____
D_____

Fistbump.

Saw the Foos at the Milton Keynes Bowl last year, it was fucking awesome. Seeing them again in August at Leeds fest. Missed out on seeing Them Crooked Vultures first ever gig back n 09 at Leeds fest because no one believed a band with Homme, Grohl and Jones could exist on the planet without it imploding.

:(

Arnie

This is no joke, I wouldn't watch the foo fighters if they were playing in my back yard

Bore me to tears

Live comedy > live music to me

fucking yes Jeff, absolutely

I just went to festivals for the beer and the laughs. I remember when Them Crooked Vultures came out and did a secret gig in the NME tent at Leeds, I was quite near the front and I couldn't give less of a shit. Boring.

Would rather watch some Alan Partridge reruns.

I just went to festivals for the beer and the laughs. I remember when Them Crooked Vultures came out and did a secret gig in the NME tent at Leeds, I was quite near the front and I couldn't give less of a shit. Boring.

Urge to kill.....rising.

Hixx

I don't even...

Fry

I remember when Them Crooked Vultures came out and did a secret gig in the NME tent at Leeds, I was quite near the front and I couldn't give less of a shit. Boring.

That's like... refusing to have sex with a hot woman that wants you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom