• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT10| Silverware, promotion, survival, relegation and tears

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyoufu

Decided not to watch the matches tonight.

They don't start until midnight here and I have to work tomorrow after having Thursday and Friday off sick. So much work to catch up on!

Predictions:

City to win 4-0
Man U to win 2-0
Newcastle to finish 4th
Arsenal to finish 3rd

Way to jinx us! :(

GorillaJu

It will be hard to enjoy the evening since I'm feeling very much under the weather and medicated for it. I'll be sputtering and hacking instead of cheering, but I'll be with you in spirit.

There's a good and a bad to whatever outcome happens this evening. City losing would be favorable because I have a feeling their era of dominance is arriving, and it would be delaying the onslaught by another season. The bad of City losing is that that would mean United wins... and this is something that no good, upstanding person would want.

My brain kind of tells me to be rooting for United - they've earned their success, not bought it over a short period of time, they've had a lot of heart to snatch victories from the jaws of defeat so many times, and I like that they're a club with a real foothold in English football history.

However, the fact that it's Manchester United outweighs everything else. I hope Evra and Young break down in tears and announce not only their retirement, but go into exile and are never heard from again. GO CITY.

Diame would be a great squad player, but unless we're looking to move on Adam, I don't see the point. Our squad is probably the best it's been in years, it's the first XI (specifically the front 6) that needs the quality injection this summer.

I disagree. Diame would be a great backup for Lucas. We need someone who can step up to a higher level than Spearing, when Lucas is rested or injured. We can't have another season where our most important player is injured and we fall apart for 4 months. He wouldn't have even been injured in the first place if we had a decent backup for him - he played 90 minutes against Chelsea and City, 3 games in a week, and I think his legs just gave up on him.

Adam is a luxury player and will fit into games where we don't need an enforcer in the midfield, but he's definitely not capable of filling Lucas' boots. Diame is much closer, and he may not be as good a tackler, but he does have a good strike in him, which is something we really need.

Oxx

I'm assuming that Sky will show most of the goals picture-in-picture as they happen.

And the tears. Lots of tears.

Kozak

Banned
90/1 or something similar in that region - only placed 2.50 down but could be a return of around 200 something.

Tbh I'm fairly new to these myself :p I always get screwed over by a draw seemingly!

Dayum 90-1 is excellent.

I've heard a few good stories about these things from friends. One bloke I know put down 20 dollars on a few games, walked away with over 2,000.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
A3pCQ.gif
----
A3pCQ.gif
A3pCQ.gif
A3pCQ.gif

A3pCQ.gif
----
A3pCQ.gif
----
A3pCQ.gif

A3pCQ.gif
----
A3pCQ.gif
----
A3pCQ.gif

A3pCQ.gif
----
A3pCQ.gif
----
A3pCQ.gif

A3pCQ.gif
----
A3pCQ.gif
----
A3pCQ.gif

A3pCQ.gif
----
A3pCQ.gif
----
A3pCQ.gif

A3pCQ.gif
----
A3pCQ.gif
A3pCQ.gif
A3pCQ.gif

WHY GOD WHY

Even the sky of Torino is crying for Alex
A3pCQ.gif

Ok, I placed my final 2.50 down on Newcastle, West Brom and Swansea winning.

Could get £142 back if right, and it's not impossible!

I've put on some pretty stupid bets on today haha. Most of them revolve around the likely scorers scoring today.... c'mon Suarez you magnificent bastard!

....Carroll is going to score isn't he?

Wilbur

Banned
I hope Evra and Young break down in tears and announce not only their retirement, but go into exile and are never heard from again.

Not exclusive to United haters.

I will defend doicare somewhat by saying its a fucking achievement we're so close to City with Vidic out all season. Kompany was missing for a few games and they suffered for it, him being out for the same length of time would have had us win I think. Credit to City, if they win it they deserve it but Rio and Evans have stepped up massively this year.

Have some faith Kyoufu. Ba will score to break his drought and Cabbage will get the other one for a 2-1 win!

I've completely fucked us now, haven't I?

Fuck no, Ba will score today. I can feel it.

Ba, Cisse will score and Fellani will get one for Everton.

Now we're fucked!

Milan XI: Amelia; Zambrotta, Mexes, Yepes, Mesbah; Gattuso, Aquilani, Seedorf; Boateng, Ibrahimovic, Cassano.

Amazing line-up, really, I wouldn't be surprised if Novara actually tries (and manages) to get a draw in their last Serie A match.

Feorax

I think we need to take a harder stance on our outgoing players this summer. If we need to keep a player, fuck them if they hand in a transfer request. Letting go of Torres, Meireles, and loaning out Aqua (although I'm not convinced it was entirely his decision) has not done us any good at all.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
You can legally stream our title celebrations later over here.

Milan XI: Amelia; Zambrotta, Mexes, Yepes, Mesbah; Gattuso, Aquilani, Seedorf; Boateng, Ibrahimovic, Cassano.

Amazing formation, really, I wouldn't be surprised if Novara actually tries (and manages) to get a draw in their last Serie A match.

Where's Pippo? It's a meaningless game ffs!

edit: Pirlo wins Serie A player of the season.

elseanio

My accumulator for today

Chelsea v Blackburn
Chelsea @ 1.30

Everton v Newcastle
Everton @ 2.10

Man City v QPR
Man City @ 1.14

Sunderland v Man Utd
Man Utd @ 1.44

Swansea v Liverpool
Liverpool @ 2.15

Tottenham v Fulham
Tottenham @ 1.40

West Brom v Arsenal
Arsenal @ 1.67

Wigan v Wolves
Wigan @ 1.57

Norwich v Aston Villa
Draw @ 3.30

Stoke v Bolton
Draw @ 3.60

kharma45

Sunderland XI to face United

Mignolet; O’Shea (C), Bardsley, Bramble, Turner; Gardner, McClean, Colback, Vaughan, Sessegnon; Campbell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom