• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT10| Silverware, promotion, survival, relegation and tears

Status
Not open for further replies.

kharma45

I don't think Fergie tried to turn him into a holding player, just an all round box to box midfielder. It was maybe the wrong decision but he has been hampered by injuries and in general bad fitness.

I also doubt his consistency to be a player who can be really effective from AM. You need real quality to play that role and too often Anderson doesn't have it.

Yeah he's been inconsistent for us, I guess I'm just holding onto a slim hope that I had when he joined us after seeing and hearing all I heard from when he was at Porto and was touted to be a great player.

WJD

Whether they win it today or not this City side will win things, a lot of things.

I think they will win it at a canter btw. 4/5-0. The wind is in their sails, the crowd will be right behind them, they have quality throughout, QPR are pants. 16 wins and 1 draw at home all season. It's inevitable.

Yup. Pretty much the exact same situation as Chelsea against Wigan in 09/10. Early goal for City, early sending off for QPR and utter domination from then. We'll take the lead against Sunderland but upon hearing that City are battering QPR, throw it away and draw/lose.

Bring on next season!

If the Rs are in it at half time, you will cave.
I will, but they won't be.

Yeah he's been inconsistent for us, I guess I'm just holding onto a slim hope that I had when he joined us after seeing and hearing all I heard from when he was at Porto and was touted to be a great player.
Tbf his first season with us was very promising. He bossed the game at Anfield and at that time I really thought he could be a special player. It's been a steady decline since then. His second cruciate injury was a big blow for him, he was getting a good run in the side at the time and building form.

I think he hasn't developed well enough but since he's joined us he must have missed closed to 2 years in injuries, he's unlucky.

Manager

The City squealing about missing Yaya for a few games is pretty embarrassing when it comes up, tbh. It's not on doicare's level, but it's part of the syndrome.

Some of us pointed towards the individual point losses with Yaya and Kompany being gone at the time, it was obvious the midfield and defense were worse without them. Did you see Stefan Savic play?

But, none of us, as far as I remember, blamed the overall lead loss because of them. Yes, they are very important, but a title winning team can't rely on two players over a whole season.

I remember you guys talking about how poor United played without Rooney in some matches, I don't see the difference.

doicare

Because you're excusing United's 8 point capitulation by listing injuries to players who weren't even around to get that lead in the first place.
So Manchester United should be punished for pulling up trees and preforming miracles by turning around a 5 point deficit into a 8 point lead when they lost over half their team to the worst injury list in the league all whilst being called shit, all because they then went on to loose that 8 point lead during a time when they had slightly less injuries but still had significantly more injuries to important players then Man City did........... sure.............

FuturusX

So Manchester United should be punished for pulling up trees and preforming miracles by turning around a 5 point deficit into a 8 point lead when they lost over half their team to the worst injury list in the league all whilst being called shit, all because they then went on to loose that 8 point lead during a time when they had slightly less injuries but still had significantly more injuries to important player then Man City did........... sure.............

He told you to stay down....

Put an accumulator on for today:

Man Utd, City, Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea, Norwich, Stoke, Tottenham and Wigan all to win.

Very unlikely (thus the very high odds), but all favourites in their respective games!

But yeah, I am hyped!

elseanio

So Manchester United should be punished for pulling up trees and preforming miracles by turning around a 5 point deficit into a 8 point lead when they lost over half their team to the worst injury list in the league all whilst being called shit, all because they then went on to loose that 8 point lead during a time when they had slightly less injuries but still had significantly more injuries to important players then Man City did........... sure.............

Will this fit as OT11 title?

Empty

i'm mentally prepared for city cantering to victory today, but if city fail to win and we don't beat sunderland either i'm gonna cry.

Manager

lol yeah.

But, like you say, it's still one or two players for a few games from The Best Squad in the League.

Yes, so that's why we never blamed the lead loss on those two? The whole team played bad over a period. Aguero didn't score, Silva was tired/out of form, Nasri was nowhere to be seen and Balotelli was just plain bad, as was Dzeko.

I think City scored like 8 goals in 7 games.

WJD

So Manchester United should be punished for pulling up trees and preforming miracles by turning around a 5 point deficit into a 8 point lead when they lost over half their team to the worst injury list in the league all whilst being called shit...

132236861184.gif

...all because they then went on to loose that 8 point lead during a time when they had slightly less injuries but still had significantly more injuries to important players then Man City did........... sure.............

facepalm.gif

Kozak

Banned

Man Utd, City, Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea, Norwich, Stoke, Tottenham and Wigan all to win.

Very unlikely (thus the very high odds), but all favourites in their respective games!

But yeah, I am hyped!

What odds did you end up being given?

I'm looking to get into accumulators but don't know where to start :( Help a newbie out?

kharma45

But yeah, I am hyped!

Barcelona fucked up mine yesterday :( I had a similar one on to you bar City, left them out as I don't want them to win so wouldn't bet on them :p

Feorax

Anyway, Liverpool looking to sign Diame on a free from Wigan apparently. Decent signing in my opinion, but I'm not sure how he'll get games.

Diame would be a great squad player, but unless we're looking to move on Adam, I don't see the point. Our squad is probably the best it's been in years, it's the first XI (specifically the front 6) that needs the quality injection this summer.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Nononono, fuck QPR. I hope Bolton beat Stoke and the hoops are banished.

Polari

It would be VERY harsh on QPR if Bolton wins, QPR loss and they have to hear City celebrate the title win while they're relegated. Hopefully Stoke wins.

I want City to win the title, wasn't that long ago we were down in Division Two together. Also because fuck United and that cheating bastard Ashley Young.

doicare

Tbh doicare had a very simple riposte to Arnie's rebuttal there for the taking.

That instead of being 8 points ahead, had we not had injuries, we'd have been 18 points ahead.

He got lost in his delusion though.
I've already made that exact point to him previously when he's brought up the 8 point lead arguement before, he's just ignored it tho.

But yeah, I am hyped!

I went with United, City, Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea, Newcastle and Liverpool. Close to 40/1 for that lot. Liverpool are going to screw me again. I just know it.

Arnie

Forget hypothetical situations whereby a United team with less injuries might have accrued more points, as if you can see the future (you can't even digest the present); a United team that can build up an 8 point lead over this very good City side is capable of winning the league, that's exactly why your ramblings are nothing but an excuse.

FuturusX

I've already made that exact point to him previously when he's brought up the 8 point lead arguement before, he's just ignored it tho.

A pathetic City fan would mention Tevez and the departure of key players in the African Nations Cup. City have been the best team in the league, no question.

Credit were credit is due...UTD have done well to keep pace with them...but it was hard to keep a class team down. Still QPR could pull a shock, keep the faith...

dc89

Did GAF hear/read about the women rights protestor who stripped off to reveal a 'fuck Euro 2012' message wrote on her chest and she made a grab for the trophy.

She poised as a fan wanting a photograph with it and then made her move.

LOL

Salazar

Paul Parker says QPR are a pack of selfish knobheads with no stomach for a fight.

Sky is blue, grass is green, Liverpool are set for a disappointing league finish.

What odds did you end up being given?

I'm looking to get into accumulators but don't know where to start :( Help a newbie out?

90/1 or something similar in that region - only placed 2.50 down but could be a return of around 200 something.

Tbh I'm fairly new to these myself :p I always get screwed over by a draw seemingly!

Got myself some silly bets on along with some standard ones

My £2.38 awaits when city score within 15 minutes

10/1 on a rovers win

A ten team accumalator at 438/1 lol

doicare

Forget hypothetical situations whereby a United team with less injuries might have accrued more points, as if you can see the future (you can't even digest the present); a United team that can build up an 8 point lead over this very good City side is capable of winning the league, that's exactly why your ramblings are nothing but an excuse.
So in other words ignore all the facts you don't like, call the rest excuses and then stick your fingers in your ears lol. Just because United are potentially capable of winning the league by performing miracles whilst having significant injuries doesn't mean you can hold it against them when they've been f*cked over by the worst injury list in the entire league and they don't manage to pull off an almost impossible task.

So in other words ignore all the facts you don't like, call the rest excuses and then stick your fingers in your ears lol. Just because United are potentially capable of winning the league by performing miracles whilst having significant injuries doesn't mean you can hold it against them when they've been f*cked over by the worst injury list in the entire league and they don't manage to pull off an almost impossible task.

Woo Hoo!

Stay with us today Doicare. I might need the laughs!

snoopen

Joke character? Joke character.

choodi

Banned
Decided not to watch the matches tonight.

They don't start until midnight here and I have to work tomorrow after having Thursday and Friday off sick. So much work to catch up on!

Predictions:

City to win 4-0
Man U to win 2-0
Newcastle to finish 4th
Arsenal to finish 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom