• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT10| Silverware, promotion, survival, relegation and tears

Status
Not open for further replies.

Labadal

If Man United win the league, I won't watch the Euro Cup or the Olympics. I will also go cry in the shower.

Lol at the race for third place in Serie A. I want Udinese to grab a CL spot, but Catania away is no easy game. Think Inter will finish in third place, and that will make me sad.

If Man United win the league, I won't watch the Euro Cup or the Olympics. I will also go cry in the shower.

Lol at the race for third place in Serie A. I want Udinese to grab a CL spot, but Catania away is no easy game. Think Inter will finish in third place, and that will make me sad.

Lets just all hope for Inter - Lazio draw. Napoli can fuck off, hope it will go to Udinese too.

Manager

If United don't win the title today, they'll have the highest ever points total for a runner up.

So if City wins, United will go into the record books and not City. Unfair!

edit
I guess it's also the other way around.

edit2
That's basically exactly what you already said, nvm

Wilbur

Banned
I thought all the matches were at 4 today so I assumed I could watch the second half. I can't :( my last 15 minutes of work will coincide with me kissing a child or murdering one.

Also I just done my first poo for about 18 hours. Normally I pop loads out a day

Yen

I thought all the matches were at 4 today so I assumed I could watch the second half. I can't :( my last 15 minutes of work will coincide with me kissing a child or murdering one.

Also I just done my first poo for about 18 hours. Normally I pop loads out a day

Where is it on the Bristol stool chart?

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Football weekly & football weekly extra from the guardian is essential.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/series/footballweekly

EPL talk is not bad either.
http://www.epltalk.com/podcast

The Ramble is really good, I usually do a one two punch of that and the Guardian's Football Weekly. The former has awesome player profiles and is hilarious, but the latter is more current and has the best host of all time (James Richardson)

Thanks I'll also check out Football Weekly.

Salazar

Anyone else anticipating that the most excitement today will bring is waiting on doicares excuse post at full time?

sY1pL.jpg

Bumhead

Banned
I hope City win today.

Their fans - and I mean their actual fans here - deserve it. There are a core of Manchester City fans who, like us, followed their team down to the depths of Division 3 in huge numbers and have been rewarded for their efforts in the years since. They did their time and they've won the lottery. Fair play, and it's going to be a fucking brilliant day for them.

The Manchester City fans who have jumped on the bandwagon since four or five years ago can fuck off, obviously.

Wilbur

Banned
I hope City win today.

Their fans - and I mean their actual fans here - deserve it. There are a core of Manchester City fans who, like us, followed their team down to the depths of Division 3 in huge numbers and have been rewarded for their efforts in the years since. They did their time and they've won the lottery. Fair play, and it's going to be a fucking brilliant day for them.

The Manchester City fans who have jumped on the bandwagon since four or five years ago can fuck off, obviously.

This is true, I guess.

Ok, maybe it's partly because I want United to win the title...

And maybe it's because I want QPR to stay up....

But I really think QPR could do it today.

Woke up a 7am feeling refreshed. Saw the time and went back to bed. Woke up at 11 feeling like I've only slept for an hour all night. How the hell does that work? Anyway, Liverpool looking to sign Diame on a free from Wigan apparently. Decent signing in my opinion, but I'm not sure how he'll get games.

Can't wait for the games later today. I'll be multiscreening the shit out of this. This is definitely the most exciting end to a season we've ever had.

He could've been very good if SAF hadn't tried to turn him into a holding player. That and injuries hasn't helped.
I don't think Fergie tried to turn him into a holding player, just an all round box to box midfielder. It was maybe the wrong decision but he has been hampered by injuries and in general bad fitness.

I also doubt his consistency to be a player who can be really effective from AM. You need real quality to play that role and too often Anderson doesn't have it.

doicare

Anyone else anticipating that the most excitement today will bring is waiting on doicares excuse post at full time?
Quick question, why does posting pure facts about the reason something has happened = just making excuses?

If you get run over on the way to work and end up in hospital, when you next speak to your boss should he just fire you for not turning up to work because getting run over is just an excuse lol?

Arnie

Quick question, why does posting pure facts about the reason something has happened = just making excuses?

If you get run over on the way to work and end up in hospital, when you next speak to your boss should he just fire you for not turning up to work because getting run over is just an excuse lol?

Because you're excusing United's 8 point capitulation by listing injuries to players who weren't even around to get that lead in the first place.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

Calm down, doicare.

caceresbaciaconte_medium.gif

:lol

I love you buddy.

Salazar

Because you're excusing United's 8 point capitulation by listing injuries to players who weren't even around to get that lead in the first place.

The City squealing about missing Yaya for a few games is pretty embarrassing when it comes up, tbh. It's not on doicare's level, but it's part of the syndrome.

I think City have to win it. History is written by the winners, etc... We won't remember this City side in 20 years if they don't win anything.

Plus I don't want to hear the press declaring 'mastermind Fergie has done it again' or some shit like that.
Whether they win it today or not this City side will win things, a lot of things.

I think they will win it at a canter btw. 4/5-0. The wind is in their sails, the crowd will be right behind them, they have quality throughout, QPR are pants. 16 wins and 1 draw at home all season. It's inevitable.

Wilbur

Banned
Whether they win it today or not this City side will win things, a lot of things.

I think they will win it at a canter btw. 4/5-0. The wind is in their sails, the crowd will be right behind them, they have quality throughout, QPR are pants. 16 wins and 1 draw at home all season. It's inevitable.

Agreed. I've tried to have a Salazar mentality but I don't take enough acid nowadays unfortunately

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom