• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT10| Silverware, promotion, survival, relegation and tears

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShogunX

It is funny Liverpool fans have always made a big deal about being above Everton in the league last season and through this season but when the reverse happens you try to play it off.

A big deal about finishing above Everton? Not around here mate. Everton have been average for years so finishing above them is hollow at best.

Like I said above the biggest game for decades between our two clubs ended with a Liverpool win. Not goign to stoop to stupid levels and start mentioning the finish above Liverpool trophy but.......yeah.

nny

champ20ns.jpg

Congrats to City. Not even Fergies tears can cheer me up today, fuck football, we have now over the course of half a season managed to throw away everything we have worked on for 5 years and now a shitty team with no quality for champions league is going to play in the group stage, thanks to our own incompetence. I am so fucking angry and I want to beat the shit out of every Copenhagen player and manager, FUUUUUUCK

A big deal about finishing above Everton? Not around here mate. Everton have been average for years so finishing above them is hollow at best.

Like I said above the biggest game for decades between our two clubs ended with a Liverpool win. Not goign to stoop to stupid levels and start mentioning the finish above Liverpool trophy but.......yeah.
This is so pathetic. Let them have their day like the United fans are letting the City fans have theirs.

duckroll

Saw a post-game interview with Kompany. Really happy for him. Can't say the same for the captain on the other team in the match today. :p

GorillaJu

Damn that gif of Agüero. So much love for that guy. What a hero - and a nice fellow to boot.

Not surprised at all that Liverpool lost to Swansea. They beat a lot of really good teams at the Liberty Stadium... And we are not a really good team.

sohois

Indeed, if Liverpool had won and Everton not and the league table ended up with Liverpool ahead of Everton, what would have changed? Liverpool would still have been 7th and it would still have been a dire league season.

K1LLER7

Can't wait for next season.

Now the perfect way to get over the disappointment will be if we announce a midfield signing. Preferably Kagawa.

Shame all they care about is finishing above Spurs.

we've had a bad season, but you can only blame the big time charlie spurs fans running their mouths off about challenging for the title and being better than arsenal

they created an immense momentum and inspiration when we had none, thanks again

North London is red, forever in our shadow

vall03

Getting above Spurs matters. Like properly matters.

yeah, also, remembering all the doom and gloom last year in 17th place and losing 8-2 and here we are in 3rd, I really don't know what to say. I've written off Arsenal several times but we got the result we needed.

ShogunX

This is so pathetic. Let them have their day like the United fans are letting the City fans have theirs.

Huh? There is no day to have. It's all meaningless.

I live with two Everton fans - Wembley was everything. Of course there will be sly digs thrown around about our spending and signing and rightfully so (happens every day) but at the end of the day Everton have had a nothing season.

Seriously though congrats city it's fully deserved and I hope everyone is big enough to admit that

I don't know why more people aren't focussing on my win though it may only be £60 but I beat the system

I hope you enjoy tonight guys

Salvadora

Sir Alex Ferguson speaking after the game away at Sunderland: "Nobody expected that. Everybody expected City to win, but they did it against 10 men for half an hour and with five extra minutes to help them.

"But I congratulate City on winning the league. Anybody who wins it deserves it, because it's a long haul. At the end of our game our players didn't actually know the results. Now, they're really disappointed, I'm glad to say.

"There's no other way they should be. They conducted themselves brilliantly today. Their performance level was good. I'm pleased at our performance this season. 89 points would win most league. It wasn't our turn today."

Complaining about stoppage time, Really?

mxgt

Banned
we've had a bad season, but you can only blame the big time charlie spurs fans running their mouths off about challenging for the title and being better than arsenal

they created an immense momentum and inspiration when we had none, thanks again

North London is red, forever in our shadow

Not like any non-delusional Spurs fan ever thought we could challenge for the league.

I still think we're better than you. It's not like us finishing behind you is anything new for me to witness, it'll just make it sweeter when we finally do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom