• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT10| Silverware, promotion, survival, relegation and tears

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feorax

Alright lads. I dont want to piss on the last day thread. Its just an opinion. Sorry I mentioned it. I certainly dont want to impune Liverpools fans in any way.

Dont worry about it, its a fair comment. I dont think it will make that much of a difference personally, but I can see the potential issue.

I seriously hope we're looking at other players as a higher priority, even if we are looking at Bent.

Fry

I have my doubts if him will ever come to Europe. He has the life of king here in Brazil, his salary is higher than a lot of european players, if he comes to Europe he will be reduced to being a mortal.

He probably will go, it's a huge temptation to be amongst the best in the world and play in the Champions League. It's a dream to every football player in his age. I'd liked if he stayed at Santos for another two years though.

sneaky77

People still don't give him much credit because he hasn't proved himself in Europe, but I think that's silly. Pele never did.

Pele proved it on WC and international matches, so far the only Neymar match I have seen him on against a good team he flopped.

Labadal

I hope Udinese can hold on to that CL spot. Can't really say I support them, because I barely watch Serie A, but they are the Italian club I like the most. They keep losing good players to bigger clubs but still manage to get good positions in the league. Alexis Sanchez, Inler and Zapata left, yet they are third. I salute them.

I really can't believe you guys actually think Suarez is a bleeding hearty racist. I always thought it was a joke of a sort.

Its GAF, Suarez is everything that is evil while every other footballer is an angel.

if we get a crazy bid from psg and psg guarantees starting 11 ... cant' say i blame him for going

But why go to an inferior league? LOL French league. He'll be going backwards instead of improving himself.

Fry

Pele proved it on WC and international matches, so far the only Neymar match I have seen him on against a good team he flopped.

True, but that will come with time. I will only start paying attention to his performances in the Brazilian NT after Menezes is replaced. His team is a mess.

Its GAF, Suarez is everything that is evil while every other footballer is an angel.

He's certainly no saint but I find it difficult to believe he's racist. I had thought the whole Suarez racist thing was just one elaborate joke by gaf ?I am kinda shock that some of the guys here are actually serious.

He probably will go, it's a huge temptation to be amongst the best in the world and play in the Champions League. It's a dream to every football player in his age. I'd liked if he stayed at Santos for another two years though.

You really dont know how he is treated here, the guy is worshipped here everything is easy for him here he doesnt need to go to Europe. Most brazilian players dreams to go to Europe because of the money, something Neymar achieved here.

But if he ever goes to Europe, I think only after WC 2014.

Soi-Fong

It may because I've downed a bottle of champagne/whine in 30 mins, but WE'RE CHAMPIONS!!!!!! YES!

I really wish I could celebrate with anyone here or any City fan. I currently study in a smaller town and there's really no one to turn to here regarding City. But I can't stop thinking about how wonderful day this is!!

I know it must feel shit to United fans, and quite frankly I was sure we were fucked in the 90th minute. I really was. But, sometimes shit like this happen.

I hope City fans will concentrate on celebrating the title, and not mocking United fans.

edit
Also, fantastic picture Meier.

I approve of this message even if I'm feeling like shit right now. Congrats to City I must admit! Though, United will come back stronger next year for sure!

Manager

jnrV15y7Aoyvq.jpg

City's owner, celebrating in Abu Dhabi.

Clegg

And this is why I don't think Kagawa will move. He's at a club that wins silverware.

Thats a fair comment but United still have a decent chance of winning trophies next season imo. And Kagawa looks like he wants to leave.

Barcelona and Madrid don't need him so I think it's really between United and Arsenal to get his signature. Unless Chelsea start sniffing around of course.

Now wait until Malaga or PSG come in with a silly money bid.

And he could always sign a new contract with Doetmund.

MPW

casillas getting married in the summer?

he invited barca players??

casillas will be shipped out in the summer now lol

I refer you to the cunt list

That cunt list is just a coverup for what they really want to put there.

Judging by the way people react on here to every little Suarez incident you'd think he take the crown for King of all cunts. Considering there are worse offenders out there.

Labadal

I'm surprised that City's owner wasn't at the stadium. It's the last game of the season, and your club could win it. You've already spent a crazy amount of cash on players. Why not spend some pocket money on a trip to England?

I don't mean this in a bad way, I'm just surprised.

Carbonox

Kozak

Banned
People joke about Chamakh, but it's really Wenger's fault for trying to shoehorn him into his system. Chamakh's a decent striker, better than that cunt Bendtner certainly.

No way. 57 goals in 230 games for Bordeaux. Thats so shit that I have no idea how they put up with the guy or how he managed to score a transfer to Arsenal even if it was free...

Soi-Fong

jnrV15y7Aoyvq.jpg

City's owner, celebrating in Abu Dhabi.

Us United fans can understand City fans and players celebrating, but seriously the oil-rich owners... They can go screw themselves in the ass...
In the end, all the hardwork is always done by the coaches and players.

rififi

I can't believe Villarreal is battling for relegation. They have fallen so far from the time of Riquelme, Senna, Forlan, and Arruabarrena. Even last year they finished 4th.

Then again, for such a small city, I'm surprised they have done so well.

I hope Rayo gets down.

Fuck those savages.

I can't believe Villarreal is battling for relegation. They have fallen so far from the time of Riquelme, Senna, Forlan, and Arruabarrena. Even last year they finished 4th.

Then again, for such a small city, I'm surprised they have done so well.

Rossi and Nilmar injured + Cazorla out = massive fail.

Kyoufu

Out:

Alan Smith
Xisco
Peter Lovenkrands
Nile Ranger
Danny Guthrie
Danny Simpson
Leon Best

Love how he doesn't even mention the incident with the ball boy. :lol He can be a cunt to Tim Cahill all he wants though, no need to apologise for that.

He already apologised to the ball boy at half time.

Manager

I'm surprised that City's owner wasn't at the stadium. It's the last game of the season, and your club could win it. You've already spent a crazy amount of cash on players. Why not spend some pocket money on a trip to England?

I don't mean this in a bad way, I'm just surprised.

Hmm... are you serious? I mean, he's responsible of over £600 billion. City is pretty highly regarded to him, but there are TONS of events that has importance to him.

A trip to Manchester from Abu Dhabi is a 2-3 days project, at least.

He did a like 2-day deal with some UK bank, netting like £5bn. City is a small project compared to the rest he's doing.

WJD

Us United fans can understand City fans and players celebrating, but seriously the oil-rich owners... They can go screw themselves in the ass...
In the end, all the hardwork is always done by the coaches and players.

...what?

and lol, "us United fans"

Soi-Fong

?

Why wouldn't he? It's his money..his project..?

They can celebrate all they want, but most fans care about the players and coaches, not the owners.

I mean City fans do owe a lot to their owner's investment, but like I said it's the players and coaches that do the hardwork.

Or maybe I'm just pissed off at the Glazers and a bit jelly, not sure... lol

Edit: I guess what I meant by us United fans is that we also have to understand where City fans are coming from. Long time coming and all...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom