• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT10| Silverware, promotion, survival, relegation and tears

Status
Not open for further replies.
They can celebrate all they want, but most fans care about the players and coaches, not the owners.

I mean City fans do owe a lot to their owner's investment, but like I said it's the players and coaches that do the hardwork.

Or maybe I'm just pissed off at the Glazers and a bit jelly, not sure... lol
They love him. He's changed the fortunes of that club in a way that, literally, a handful of people in this world could.

Kiraly

casillas getting married in the summer?

he invited barca players??

casillas will be shipped out in the summer now lol

Press has been going mad because he invited four Barcelona players, and only three from Madrid haha. All prominent Spanish internationals though, which would explain the more from Barca-part.

Labadal

Hmm... are you serious? I mean, he's responsible of over £600 billion. City is pretty highly regarded to him, but there are TONS of events that has importance to him.

A trip to Manchester from Abu Dhabi is a 2-3 days project, at least.

He did a like 2-day deal with some UK bank, netting like £5bn. City is a small project compared to the rest he's doing.

I didn't mean he doesn't care for City. I was just surprised that he wasn't there. I know he's a busy man, and I know he has projects that are much bigger.

K1LLER7

I can see city spending in the summer, probably get a top quality winger and a defender. They could also go for a striker if Dzeko or balotelli leave.

Maybe: hazard, huguain/cavani, T.Silva.

Will be hard to beat if they do buy.

It's only an 8 hour flight or so iirc, I'm surprised too he didn't show up to see how his project was faring.
I'm surprised he wasn't there too but I think it's actually a good thing. He obv cares or he wouldn't be putting the money he is into the club. But he didn't make it about him. Some owners get on the pitch and lift the trophy. He's not even there, just doing his thing in the background.

Imagine City blew it today and he was there. You know what the headlines would have been then.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
RAYO SCORES

VILLAREAL RELEGATED

FUCK YES HAHA

Are you watching Rossi? Watch...WATCH!

TiLX5.png
TiLX5.png
TiLX5.png

and get well soon, maybe

WJD

Juve won in unbeatable style.
Real won with 100 points.
Dortmund won over Bayern.

If those last 2 minutes had gone differently today this would have been an almost perfect season.

Clegg

FWIW I think United have pulled out of the race for Hazard. City have probably offered him something ridiculous in wages.

I'm surprised that Chelsea haven't been linked with him.

Manager

I didn't mean he doesn't care for City. I was just surprised that he wasn't there. I know he's a busy man, and I know he has projects that are much bigger.

He's been there once. I think a lot of fans understand him not being there. Khaldoon (the chairman) claim the owner watch every match. No City fan think the owner doesn't care, but if the owner would arrive it would be a BIG surprise.

I guess.... we both agree that he cares about City, and that it's unfortunate that he isn't in Manchester.

It's only an 8 hour flight or so iirc, I'm surprised too he didn't show up to see how his project was faring.

If you're like the prince of Abu Dhabi and has response over £6 trillion (not billion, sorry), an 8 hour trip isn't just an 8 hour trip.

I can see city spending in the summer, probably get a top quality winger and a defender. They could also go for a striker if Dzeko or balotelli leave.

Maybe: hazard, huguain/cavani, T.Silva.

Will be hard to beat if they do buy.

Winger has always been requested by Mancini, that may be Hazard.

You're forgetting that Guidetti will return. Very talented 19 y/o. Perfect 4th choice forward.

Soi-Fong

They love him. He's changed the fortunes of that club in a way that, literally, a handful of people in this world could.

lol I love this divide between City and United. City love their owners while United fans want ours to be hanged for putting the club in soo much debt.

Manager

Is Rossi still at villarreal?

I think so, but there were rumours of him leaving. Press claimed Villareal rejected like a £30m bid last January, and now suddenly people claim he's just worth £15m. It was written in the press, who knows if it's true.

Acidote

CHAMPIONS LEAGUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

MÁLAGA ENDED 4TH IN LA LIGA!!!!!!!!!

Champions for the first time in the history of the club!

I think so, but there were rumours of him leaving. Press claimed Villareal rejected like a £30m bid last January, and now suddenly people claim he's just worth £15m. It was written in the press, who knows if it's true.

Villareal is now a second division team and Rossi has a 10 month injury.

Manager

As busy as he is I'm sure he could've spared a day for City.

People talk about how he's estimated worth $1-6 trillion. That''s at least £555 billion.

His investment in City is 1bn. That's one 555th part of his fortune, or his family's one.

Who knows, maybe he had an important meeting. All I know is that these guys rarely leave Avu Dhabi.

Soi-Fong

FWIW I think United have pulled out of the race for Hazard. City have probably offered him something ridiculous in wages.

I'm surprised that Chelsea haven't been linked with him.

I'd really hope United hasn't given up on him. I want Kagawa, but I want Hazard as well. Seriously though, with all the stuff about him wanting higher wages who really knows what will happen with him by the end of summer.

Crazy things happen in football like it did today. Nobody would have expected the QPR-City scoreline. Everyone was predicting a rout.

sneaky77

People talk about how he's estimated worth $1-6 trillion. That''s at least £555 billion.

His investment in City is 1bn. That's one 555th part of his fortune, or his family's one.

Who knows, maybe he had an important meeting. All I know is that these guys rarely leave Avu Dhabi.

terrorist watchlist

Judderman

drawer by drawer
The CONCACAF and CONMEBOL qualifiers for the World Cup are not gonna be shown on public telly on the US. They are only gonna be available on closed circuit in select bars and restaurants.

WHAT THE FUCKING UA;LFJA;LDFJAL;FDJNA;LGJA;L AL; L;A;LGA;GJ

Wait what? Tell me that's not true.

So after the CL final... This becomes a transfer gossip/OT thread, right?

MLS!

Anyone else watching Montpellier-Lille?

Fry

Rossi was one of the best finishers in the world last season. What kind of injury he had?
I hope he comes back the same.

G17

Please tell me FootballGAF has some gifs of Arsene today in crying on Pat Rice's lap! Been searching for those. He was really emotional today. Great day for Arsenal fans.. yes it's 3rd and we've still not won a trophy but it could be worse with the horrible start we had.

elsk

Banned
Please tell me FootballGAF has some gifs of Arsene today in crying on Pat Rice's lap! He was emotional today. Great day for Arsenal fans.. yes it's 3rd and we've still not won a trophy but it could be worse with the horrible start we had.

jitir.gif

Holy shit, there will be investigatiosn regarding Getafe-Zaragoza and Rayo-Granada, Im sure.

Seems that Rayo's field manager told Granada's bench to let them score after Atlético's goals, because that would wave Granada and Rayo.

Soi-Fong

Don't you mean more like that's Abu Dhabi's fortune..?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom