• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT10| Silverware, promotion, survival, relegation and tears

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
Micah hasn't played much in the last month, but Jones has been shit for many months.

I think Richards should be in there, but for Roy I get why not; positionally he's not great, gets forward too much. At least when Jones is shite he's timid and hangs back a bit

Manager

I think Richards should be in there, but for Roy I get why not; positionally he's not great, gets forward too much. At least when Jones is shite he's timid and hangs back a bit

But Richards is allowed to go forward since City often has two DMs where one can cover Micah's RB spot. That's often what either De Jong or Barry does.

Same with Clichy and Zabaleta. Mancini wants them to go forward and goes mad when they don't.

dschalter

why in the world would england want to greece it in their group? maybe once they get into the knockouts, but their squad is much better than both ukraine's and sweden's, playing negative football is not the smartest idea there.

Manager

why in the world would england want to greece it in their group? maybe once they get into the knockouts, but their squad is much better than both ukraine's and sweden's, playing negative football is not the smartest idea there.

So why didn't they pick Johnson or Sturridge, two players with tricks up their sleeves? The current squad is pretty defensive.

Must have been a pretty easy choice between Jones and Richards indeed. Not to mention Richards has been dropped completely by Mancini in favour of Zabaleta when it was crunch time. National coaches prefer to take players who play regularly for their clubs even if they do pretty badly.

Manager

Must have been a pretty easy choice between Jones and Richards indeed. Not to mention Richards has been dropped completely by Mancini in favour of Zabaleta when it was crunch time. National coaches prefer to take players who play regularly for their clubs even if they do pretty badly.

Richards has been first choice more or less all season, and was just dropped just for the last four matches (where he was subbed on in three of them). And that's since Mancini refused to change anyone in the starting eleven.

Milner, for example, has played less than Richards and much so in the last couple of weeks.

rvy

Banned
Because it's such a whitebread cautious huddle of cloggers.

tumblr_m3o9cfdmCI1qhdh62o3_250.gif

Carrick has been better than every other English CM picked in that squad.

How is Jones in the squad? I'd have Smalling ahead of him, nvm the obvious choice that is Richards.

Stuart Downing? LOLOLOLOLOL.

Unreal. Seriously unreal. The saddest thing is although this squad is pants, about 20 of the players are default choices...just shows how shit England are are a footballing nation.

PaulLFC

Did Hodgson really say "I haven't thought much about the teams we'll be playing at the Euros"? Erm, you're supposed to have chosen this squad to try and beat them, Roy.

Clegg

Roy is saying he's taking Terry for football reasons. Well if it was for football reasons then Terry wouldn't even be on the fucking plane.

Terry shits himself when he has to defend against a player with a modicum of ball control and pace. He's more like to fall flat on his face then actually be able to chase someone.

Carrick has been in great form but is yet again overlooked and lol Downing,

Confirmed, same as above

Goalkeepers: Joe Hart (Man City), Rob Green (West Ham), John Ruddy (Norwich)

Defenders: Glen Johnson (Liverpool), Phil Jones (Man United), John Terry (Chelsea), Joleon Lescott (Man City), Gary Cahill (Chelsea), Ashley Cole (Chelsea), Leighton Baines (Everton)

Midfielders: Theo Walcott (Arsenal), Stewart Downing (Liverpool), Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (Arsenal), Steven Gerrard (Liverpool), Gareth Barry (Man City), Frank Lampard (Chelsea), Scott Parker (Tottenham), Ashley Young (Man United), James Milner (Man City)

Forwards: Wayne Rooney (Man United), Danny Welbeck (Man United), Andy Carroll (Liverpool), Jermain Defoe (Tottenham)

aww_yea_guy_rage_face_meme_flyer-p244343271803984947bfpe8_400.jpg

England will fail and I will be a happy camper. Thanks for providing the lulz this summer, Woy

Fail more England, fail more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom