• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT10| Silverware, promotion, survival, relegation and tears

Status
Not open for further replies.

faridmon

omg, its so close.

I have a bad news for you, Please close the door and have seat there...
If you play like you did on Saturday, you are going to lose big time, myt friend

anyway, I think I am going to that German pub again. The atmosphere was great and If it doesn't go in favour of Bayern, I want to see the sad German faces. I ahve witness that last Saturday and it glorious.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I'm pretty sure the CL is in the bag for Bayern, and I'm pretty sure they know that.

Which is why Chelsea is going to win it.

I'm sure a lot of people care, it decides what team is going to beat Everton when they play them before January

iU7Jqxrqs63zG.gif

Meier

Classy move by Kenny.

Dzeko's agent is saying he is not looking to transfer from City. I still think it'll happen personally but who knows.

However, his representative Irfan Redzepagic has rubbished such conjecture, telling Bosnian website SportSport: "Everything that is being said about Edin's transfer away from Manchestery City is purely speculation.

"Journalists have to write something, that is their job and I understand that.

"But let's be serious, Edin is more than happy at City and there is no way that he would go somewhere else.

"Let's stop talking about transfers right away."
http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896...897/dzeko-happy-at-manchester-city-says-agent

faridmon

The next 3 days will be awesome in terms of footballing program:
Tomorrow@ Copa Del Rey Final: Barca Vs At. Bilbao
Saturday: Champions League Final: Chelsea Vs Bayern Munich
Sunday: Italian Cup Final: Juve Vs Napoli

I am sort Neutral in all 3 matchs so its rather exciting time ahead.
Ok I lied about Sunday, Come on Naploli!

Oh and Come on Blackpool!

ATF487

I've always thought Aquaman should have stayed at Anfield, he is the type of player we have missed ever since Xabi left.

I'm not sure if he wants to stay, but if he goes out on loan again I'm going to go insane. I'd love him here, but if he doesn't want to play for us then we need to get a decent fee for him.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
The next 3 days will be awesome in terms of footballing program:
Tomorrow@ Copa Del Rey Final: Barca Vs At. Bilbao
Saturday: Champions League Final: Chelsea Vs Bayern Munich
Sunday: Italian Cup Final: Juve Vs Napoli

I am sort Neutral in all 3 matchs so its rather exciting time ahead. Ok I lied about Sunday, Come on Naploli!

Oh and Come on Blackpool!

gSTdI.gif

It's his last game for us :(

That's it, I'm singing YNWA in the next Merseyside derby
o2xoY.gif

I'm not sure if he wants to stay, but if he goes out on loan again I'm going to go insane. I'd love him here, but if he doesn't want to play for us then we need to get a decent fee for him.

All depends who we get in, if Cappelo comes in then I reckon he'd be up for staying. Who knows why he was really sent on loan in the first place though.

I've watched way too much football lately and I'm starting to get football addiction withdrawals. I'm not sure if the finals this weekend are going to cut it for me, it just feel different. I don't have any emotional connection with those clubs, being neutral sucks. On the flip side, I truly can't wait for the Euros to start. Seeing your whole country united for once is an amazing thing. Hope that feeling lasts till the finals, and beyond of course. But how I'll get through the summer with hardly any football and the madness that is transfer talk, I don't know.

dc89

Daily Mirror doing what they do best here:

Could Aguero, the Mancini-time hero, really go? The thing with top, top money strikers is that they can be replaced.

The Argentinean has been sensational this season, and I'm not saying he is a goner. But Roberto could replace him with Robin van Persie, with Gonzalo Higuain, with Radmael Falcao, with Roberto Soldado or Karim Benzema. Those are the kind of targets City are aiming at now and I would expect a couple of those to arrive, with two or three of Aguero, Edin Dzeko, Carlos Tevez, Mario Balotelli and Emmanuel Adebayor all heading for the exit door.

Why would City even contemplate selling their best striker?! I just don't understand why they write this.

And when they write stories like this:

Italian job: City make £16million bid for Juventus defender Chiellini

It makes it less believable.

Why would city replace, they do not need to, they will just add.

FFP is not a rule yet......... anyway why get rid of Aguero, they would just get rid of Dzeko first no?

GQman2121

Banned
Word is Kenny asked for his approx £8m compensation to be put into the transfer budget.

King Kenny indeed!

Legend of a man!

If that's true, that goes against everything in modern society. His agent is probably the only person who could possibly be upset with that. Unbelievable if true.

dc89

More Nasri Comments. The guy is on a roll!

“I thought for a few months before making my decision, with my parents and my advisors, Patrick’s [Vieira] argument was that United are used to winning everything.
Last season they won the league title and got to the Champions League final and if you sign this season and you play less well, it won’t have been a success for you.
Whereas City is a club that’s building, which has recruited smartly with the likes of Sergio Aguero, and if you win the title you’ll be part of history.
I weighed up the pros and cons, Roberto Mancini was calling me every day and I decided to go there.
I came to Manchester to help the team become champions. Next season the club’s ambition is to go further in the Champions League and win the title again.
In terms of statistics, it’s not my best season. Last season I was much more prolific in front of goal with Arsenal.
But what counts is the team and the title with Manchester City, so it is my best season.”

And on Hazard he said

“I think Hazard will come to City. There is already one Belgian in the squad in Vincent Kompany. He’s a young, talented player and at Manchester United there are a lot of people on the wings."

dc89

WHOO! Yaya had this to say today on ONA FM whilst visiting Abidal in hospital.

"Right now I am very happy at City."

He also said Barcalona will always be an important club to him but he has no intention of leaving City.

Manager

More Nasri Comments. The guy is on a roll!

And on Hazard he said

I still think he went for the money. I think he's done fantastic lately in City, but at the time it really didn't make much sense.

There is a CHANCE that the talk of Mancini and Vieira stalking him had an affect since he talks so much about how important it is with trust from the manager, but I don't find it big. He talked so much about winning trophies, and back then United had a bigger shot at it. No one knew how good Aguero would be.

Oooh baby!

Everything sounds better in German.

German food is so bland & boring compared to Italian (and every other cuisine out there except for the English, lol). Only the bread variety is really something that you miss when you move outside of the country.

To be honest, I'm going to be limited by what kind of food Tesco is stocking.

Well, you could still try cook some German dishes.
Sauerbraten
Jägerschnitzel
Käsespätzle
Eisbein (don't google it, lol)
Kohlrouladen
Kartoffelsalat
Heringssalat

At least buy Sauerkraut, lol
(Kimchi >>>>>> Sauerkraut)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom