• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT10| Silverware, promotion, survival, relegation and tears

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not going to fucking take them haha! I would assume Fletcher and Johnson especially are on quite big wages.

Fletcher isn't, particularly; 25-30K, IIRC.

Johnson's our highest earner on ~40K, but we'll be doing our level best to get him sold in the summer, so the transfer fee may well be quite small.

Wilbur

Banned
Youssouf Mulumbu ‏@mulumbuofficial
Chelsea, Liverpool or Newcastle next season...

What?!?!?!

He'd be a great buy for Liverpool. Newcastle would do well with him if Tiote goes. Chelsea don't need him.

However this can't be what he's saying. It's too open.

elsk

Banned
No, it's not.

You seem to think that La Liga is all about Madrid and Barcelona, you should try to watch more Liga matches or at least, get informed about gow every fixature ends.

This season has been hard as fuck for the other 18 teams. The last fixature was incredible intense, and while other seasons relegation was at 40 points, this season has been at 43.

Might not be a very noticeable difference, but the fact is that it is.

Or for example, the struggle for CL and EL has been in 4 points.

Yeah, I'm not saying the teams in La Liga are weak. All the mid table teams are quite solid teams (Bilbao, Atlético, Valencia, Levante).

But I don't rate La Liga as a decent competition because of Barcelona and Real Madrid, they ruined that league for me... of course CR and Messi can score more goals than Falcao because you can't compare the quality of squads of Barcelona or Real Madrid to the squad of Atlético Madrid.

Messi in another team would probably have less than half of goals he had this season. The same goes to Cristiano Ronaldo.

Yen

Could be a decent shout at the right price. Won't be us though, we have no-one left to negotiate the deal...

Think Ian Ayre said it would still be possible for transfers to go ahead, speculating, but I'd say it'd be a combination of Clarke-Segura-Ayre making decisions without a manager. I'd like him at Liverpool, much better than Spearing or Adam.

Wilbur

Banned
Fletcher isn't, particularly; 25-30K, IIRC.

Johnson's our highest earner on ~40K, but we'll be doing our level best to get him sold in the summer, so the transfer fee may well be quite small.

Ah right. It's odd I thought Johnson would be great this season. He's a competent defender, but he's been awful. I can't remember him playing well once.

If Stale can keep Fletcher, Doyle, Milijas and Kightley he's done a good job.

Watching Molde play. You know, its all true, they really do play some good stuff.

I haven't seen any of their play but glad to hear it. If he does take over I can't wait until Villa come to Old Trafford. He'll get such a good welcome.

Outsanity

So I'm just having a look around photos from last night and I come across this. Anybody care to interpret?

1u2KI.jpg

Wilbur

Banned
Think Ian Ayre said it would still be possible for transfers to go ahead, speculating, but I'd say it'd be a combination of Clarke-Segura-Ayre making decisions without a manager. I'd like him at Liverpool, much better than Spearing or Adam.

Mulumbu's class, he reminds me of Essien when he was good. Admittedly not as brilliant, but I like him. Would be a great buy at Liverpool.

Clegg

What are the rumors for Arsenal, besides trying to keep RvP? I thought they looked good to get Hazard.

Possibly trying to hijack the Kagawa deal from United.

Don't know whats happened to the Yann M'vila deal.

Seems to have gone quiet on that front.

So I'm just having a look around photos from last night and I come across this. Anybody care to interpret?

1u2KI.jpg

It's from when the penalties were just about to be taken. Both teams were standing there hugging and getting their shit together. The ball was in the middle of Chelsea bodies and Lahm decided to go over and take it and get ready. They weren't denying him the ball or anything.

Feorax

And how about the exchange Torres-Falcao?

What are the news over there?

Nothing much on that since the initial rumour, although this will no doubt spark it up again.

Mulumbu could be good for us as a partner for Lucas in a midfield 2, and a player like that could be vital in taking the pressure of Lucas whilst he geta back into the game.

That being said, if we're on a tight budget this summer, we have more pressing concerns. His wages should be fine, but the fee would have to be really good.

Sleepy

I think he'll thrive at a team that creates lots of chances like Arsenal :)

Well that is hopeful, I guess. As long as Wenger doesn't mismanage him. Since I brought it up, why does Wenger insist on forcing players outside of their preferred/natural position? Which players has he ruined like that?

Yen

Nothing much on that since the initial rumour, although this will no doubt spark it up again.

Mulumbu could be good for us as a partner for Lucas in a midfield 2, and a player like that could be vital in taking the pressure of Lucas whilst he geta back into the game.

That being said, if we're on a tight budget this summer, we have more pressing concerns. His wages should be fine, but the fee would have to be really good.

I would disagree. We have:
  • Lucas, probably unfit coming back from a major injury
  • An injury prone Gerrard
  • Spearing, who isn't good enough
  • Adam, the world's least mobile footballer.
  • Henderson, solid, unspectacular
  • Shelvey (no complaints)
  • Aqualani, who won't want to come back.

We need to strengthen in the middle, especially the defensive side. In an ideal world, I'd have Moutinho. Seen very little (read: nothing) of Rasmus Elm, but he's seems to be getting rave reviews.

fuenf

How good is Podolski? I thought he was in a team that was relegated.

He will do great at Arsenal + he has an awesome song: http://www.myvideo.de/watch/69891/Lukas_Podolski_unser_Held

He has / had all the talent in the world but had trouble putting it all together at Bayern. Still makes me sad that it didnt work out, he went back to his hometown team and became one of the best Bundesliga players but the rest of his team just sucked.

dc89

Best Inside City ever!

So many good Aguero bits especially when they play back the winning goal for him to watch during a interview and he just has a huge grin!

Also when he's in the tunnel after the game and he has a vacant look on his face like 'wtf has just happened'.

rodvik

Molde! 0-2 . This is fun.

Strange though, as a Vlla fan there are some things going on I dont understand. They seem to be pushing up from defence, keeping possession and looking dangerous from corners. Is that allowed within the rules of the game?

fuenf

How good is Podolski? I thought he was in a team that was relegated.

He will do great at Arsenal + he has got an awesome song: http://www.myvideo.de/watch/69891/Lukas_Podolski_unser_Held

He has / had all the talent in the world but had trouble putting it all together at Bayern. Still makes me sad that it didnt work out, he went back to his hometown team and became one of the best Bundesliga players but the rest of his team just sucked.

Feorax

Some rumours going round that Torres has handed in a transfer request.

Probably an exaggeration of the earlier interview, since he did say he wanted to speak to the board, but wouldn't that be a ridiculous turn of events, just hours after the CL homecoming parade.

Feorax

Seems a bit soon after the final for Torres to throw the toys out of the pram.

Think that ship sailed when he did the interview :p.

I suspect it's twitter bollocks to be fair, but it does seem the kind of thing he would do.

If he goes, I hope it isn't to another PL team. He's turning into Michael Owen.

Woah! Dat final eyy?

I was surprised by how many in the pub I was in wanted Chelsea to win. There was one bloke who went fucking insane when Bayern scored, when full time went on my way to the toilet I stopped to let him know he wasn't alone in wanting Bayern to win...he told me it was because he put 10,000 grand on Bayern to win!

Utter bullshit obviously but man, he sold that lie well.

Congrats to Chelsea-Gaf :D

Meier

Lukaku will be on loan for the forseeable future I would imagine. So it would either be Sturridge, or maybe look to bring in another striker. I wouldn't be surprised to see Chelsea go for either Falcao or Higuain if given the opportunity.

Chelsea have been linked to Hulk for some time.. he's obviously one of the best in the world too. I'm sure they will make a move for him if they sell Torres and Drogba leaves.

Kyoufu

I can see Chelsea challenging for the title again if they make some marquee signings this summer. Hazard, Kagawa, etc. Buy them all. Every single one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom