• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT10| Silverware, promotion, survival, relegation and tears

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arnie

x2_c8c1025

WJD

http://www.therepublikofmancunia.com...what-tevez-did

Berba: I’d Never Do What Tevez Did
May 20, 2012 55 Comments

Dimitar Berbatov is leaving United this summer but insists he would never behave like Carlos Tevez has since leaving the club.

“Tevez did ​​it out of spite,” Berbatov told BG TV. “But I wouldn’t do something like that. I had the opportunity to sign for City but I chose United. City are the champions but to me they just bought the title. They bought so many players. I’m sure next year Manchester United will be on top again. Ferguson is honest. He knows how to talk to anyone. After meeting with him you go out so motivated. You want to conquer the world. Before the start of this season, I spoke with Ferguson and asked him if he’ll rely on me. He said to me that he needed me and that I’d play. I’m looking for answer myself why I was sitting on the bench. I spoke with Ferguson about ten times. I was fighting for my place and I was trying but obviously the team will rely on young players.”

What a man he is. Shame he didn't play much this season, he could well have scored those 8 goals we lost the title by.

FItA1.png

Sorry Sporting fans, today is underdog day.
..*wink wink @ Juve-gaf* :p

Decided to board the Germany Euro Hypetrain at full speed.

Will be fun rooting for the Dortmund players to save our asses. :D

Götze = best player ever, once in a generation talent
Schmelzer = best left back in the Bundesliga
Gündogan = Schweini 2.0
Hummels = call him Beckenbauer
Bender = he's so good, he even appears twice on the team sheet!

Hope i got it right, Phantast2k please correct me if I'm wrong.

(I hereby rescind any hostilities against Dortmund, take back every bad word i might've said about their German players and can't wait for next season to root against them again)

Bayern 2013 - Final Revanche @ Wembley (that has to be the master plan).

mhh, feels like a trap o_O
I never really resented the current German Bayern players. Some I find overrated (Gomez, Kroos), some I ascribe a shitty character/mentality to (Lahm, increasingly Schweinsteiger too), but none of them represent someone you could have contempt for (Robben).
But I can still totally sign that "truce".
I'd be happy as hell if tree trunk Gomez somehow scored a hat-trick when Klose is injured or something (hope not), or if Lahm prevents Robben/Ronaldo from breaking through our defense.
It's just sad that Löw is probably going to ignore Gündogan (who is arguably in a better form than Schweine atm) and send him home and during the tournament maybe even ignores Schmelzer and fields Boateng on the right wing (Lahm left) or ignores Hummels for Merte or Boateng...that'd make me sad.

According to the TZ Bayern has agreed terms with Claudio Pizarro: http://www.tz-online.de/sport/fussb...arro-wechselt-bayern-muenchen-tz-2325292.html
Congrats. I would have been happy with him becoming our Lewandowski backup, but I guess only the best striker in the world is good enough for us (Bendtner)..

That Chelsea parade is fake though, right?

Oxx

Thankfully Gaf wasn't down during the CL final.

I would have had to pay attention to the game if that had happened.

feel

Got home just in time to see Academica lifting the trophy. Wow, poor Sporting. Very happy for Academica, I haven't seen them win anything in my lifetime.

It was when the parade was over and the bus was taking them back to the Bridge.

Not fake, just stupid

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/telegraphtv/9278409/Chelsea-fans-line-the-streets-for-victory-parade-to-celebrate-the-clubs-historic-Champions-League-and-FA-Cup-double.html

The greatest bus parade was in 07 anyway

http://i.imgur.com/7vGr5.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
Ok ok, I see. Thanks for the link. Pretty dum pic then :/

/edit
But I'm sure you won't be able find pics like that of the BVB parades :p
Streets were packed as hell..

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
http://i.imgur.com/FItA1.png[IMG]
Sorry Sporting fans, today is underdog day.
..*wink wink @ Juve-gaf* :P

[/QUOTE]
We ARE the underdogs with this stupid lineup :P

Juventus: Storari; Barzagli, Bonucci, Caceres; Lichtsteiner, Vidal, Pirlo, Marchisio, Estigarribia; Del Piero, Borriello

Napoli: De Sanctis; Campagnaro, Cannavaro, Aronica; Maggio, Dzemaili, Inler, Hamsik, Zuniga; Lavezzi, Cavani

Reminds me of THIS

Must've cost a fortune to hire all the extras and dress them in City jerseys.

We ARE the underdogs with this stupid lineup :p

Juventus: Storari; Barzagli, Bonucci, Caceres; Lichtsteiner, Vidal, Pirlo, Marchisio, Estigarribia; Del Piero, Borriello

Napoli: De Sanctis; Campagnaro, Cannavaro, Aronica; Maggio, Dzemaili, Inler, Hamsik, Zuniga; Lavezzi, Cavani

Yurt pls.

fuenf

1) mhh, feels like a trap o_O
I never really resented the current German Bayern players. Some I find overrated (Gomez, Kroos), some I ascribe a shitty character/mentality to (Lahm, increasingly Schweinsteiger too), but none of them represent someone you could have contempt for (Robben).
But I can still totally sign that "truce".
I'd be happy as hell if tree trunk Gomez somehow scored a hat-trick when Klose is injured or something (hope not), or if Lahm prevents Robben/Ronaldo from breaking through our defense.
It's just sad that Löw is probably going to ignore Gündogan (who is arguably in a better form than Schweine atm) and send him home and during the tournament maybe even ignores Schmelzer and fields Boateng on the right wing (Lahm left) or ignores Hummels for Merte or Boateng...that'd make me sad.

2) Congrats. I would have been happy with him becoming our Lewandowski backup, but I guess only the best striker in the world is good enough for us (Bendtner)..

1) Dont worry i meant what i wrote :) always rated Gündogan when he was still at Nuremburg and honestly Dortmund is usually fun to watch. I share your sentiments about the defense if anything yesterdays game proved that Lahm should be the starting right back, thats where he's truely world class. The midfield situation will be tricky too, not just Schweini / Khedira / Kroos / Bender / Gündogan but also Özil / Götze / Poldi / Schürrle and Müller. It's almost a no win situation for Löw, i mean no matter what if they dont win he'll be second guessed. :( But i really believe that one of yesterdays losers (Schweini or Gomez) will show up bigtime at the Euros. I even think that Germany's system suits Gomez better than playing with Ribery and Robben.

2) I hope / think that you are right, but after yesterdays events it's not the kind of signing that fullfills me with excitement but he's certainly the most logical choice.

dc89

some reports in france saying Hazard has chosen United. Fuck why doesn't he just say who it is already.

TalkSPORT said this too.

As a City fan, I wouldn't be too upset. I've openly slated his attitude on here and if we didn't sign him, watch out other teams! Cause we'll be coming to pick some players!

I'm sure there's a winger who wants to play CL and said "we’ll have to sit down and discuss and see what’s best for myself.”

K1LLER7

TalkSPORT said this too.

As a City fan, I wouldn't be too upset. I've openly slated his attitude on here and if we didn't sign him, watch out other teams! Cause we'll be coming to pick some players!

I'm sure there's a winger who wants to play CL and said "we’ll have to sit down and discuss and see what’s best for myself.”

Nothing confirmed though, so it's still likely to be City. If they do miss out, they should try for Pedro. He didn't get much play time last season, maybe he'll move.

LegoArmo

City would be so imbalanced with Bale in their team. They have to decide if they want to play with real wingers or not, and I think football is moving away from that concept. There's not many big teams who play with a real "hug the touchline" winger these days.

Bale's started cutting in, but I don't think he's too effective at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom