• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT10| Silverware, promotion, survival, relegation and tears

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carbonox

The only way City are going to dominate the league for the next couple of years now is if Man United go 5 seasons in a row with having half there team out injured for most of each season and City get lucky every year with injuries.

:lol :lol :lol You're a joke

K1LLER7

Tbh, those are the standards at the club over the last few years.

Unsurprising people feel like that when you consider the context of the season.
Well we did get the community shield :)
Oh well on to next season, 8 points dropped makes it worse but looking forward to the summer.

flyover

Bolton up 2-0. If Bolton hold on and QPR draw, there's a good chance the bottom three is set: Wolves, Blackburn, QPR. (Barring some miracle from QPR vs. City next week...)

Just hope Wigan stay safe.

Arnie

The only way City are going to dominate the league for the next couple of years now is if Man United go 5 seasons in a row with having half there team out injured for most of each season and City get lucky every year with injuries.

City's first team is superior to yours.

Manager

Shoutout to Gareth Barry, who got MOTM against United and again today was utterly fantastic (except for a 5 min dry spell I mentioned earlier).

Wilbur

Banned
Well like Lunchbox (!) said, winning the title would only have justified Fergie's transfer decisions this year. Maybe it's best if we take stock, congratulate City and buy Aguero and Toure next year.

Like Tim says, just haven't been ruthless enough. Players like Young, Smalling, Jones, I expect that to come as long as SAF is here. It's the club mentality but it's a shame if his last years are defined by City winning everything.

Credit to them; they may be the most expensive and money-fuelled side of all time, but they're buying players for prices we should be able to afford that win you leagues. Toure was 24m, if I remember correctly. Offer him even a little less than City did a few years ago and I think he would have come to United, you know? It's naive decisions like that which have lost us the title (as well as our own magnificent efforts to hand them it. 8 fucking points...)

Don't expect anything from QPR; if Torres scores a hat trick against you nowadays you know you're fucking done for. I think we'll be lacking motivation today, expect it to be as flat as anything. Anything less than a 10-0 win or I'll never masturbate again.

Fully expecting the day when DC the marketing intern notifies us of the update to City's honours page on their website.

Salazar

City was shit too for the middle of the season. They just managed to stop being shit while everyone kept cranking it out.

And they sob about African Cup of Nations. Makes you feel like doicare isn't a nutter when they bitch about missing one or two players.

Keio

For a Finer World
I still think Champions League is a possibility for Newcastle. And 5th is a priority: can't afford to play all those qualifiers etc. as well.

Overall, I'm less disappointed than a thought I would be. City were that few inches better this time.

Kyoufu

I still think Champions League is a possibility for Newcastle. And 5th is a priority: can't afford to play all those qualifiers etc. as well.

Overall, I'm less disappointed than a thought I would be. City were that few inches better this time.

Nah, this was a must win. Unfortunately we'll get screwed either by points or goal difference.

Clegg

FWIW I don't see City dominating the league for years. Chelsea were supposed to do that but United saw them off.

SAF knows that the team is weak atm and we need new blood. He's going to look for value but I can also see him attempting to get at least one brilliant player.

And I can see the title being a 2 horse race again next season. Chelsea and Arsenal will need to invest heavily if they want to challenge, Liverpool are miles off and Tottenham don't have the right manager.

Lunchbox

Banned
this is like a carbon copy of 04/05

- chelsea finally breaking out with a sugar daddy injection
- united need rebuilding bad
- crashing out of europe with a old midfield

only difference is city arent as scary as mourinho's chelsea and we dont have a 18 year old ronaldo :(

images

YEAH BUDDY!

Manager

Carbonox

Everton is a must-win, plus we need to hope West Brom and Fulham get good results against Arsenal and Spurs respectively. The latter of which is a massive possibility as Fulham are more than good enough to give Spurs a hiding.

Feorax

Spending shitloads of money on players is one thing. Doesnt always work (just look at us this season). What matters is buying the right players to improve the team year on year. In that regard, City have excelled.

Mr. Sam

Bolton up 2-0. If Bolton hold on and QPR draw, there's a good chance the bottom three is set: Wolves, Blackburn, QPR. (Barring some miracle from QPR vs. City next week...)

Excellent! Charlton will have QPR, Crystal Palace and Millwall to play next season. And West Ham too if they trip up in the Championship play-offs (fingers crossed).

Kyoufu

Spending shitloads of money on players is one thing. Doesnt always work (just look at us this season). What matters is buying the right players to improve the team year on year. In that regard, City have excelled.

Let's not even mention Liverpool buying inflated English players. Lol at that.

dc89

I've got to remember that City have to play another 90 minutes yet.

Well done to Newcastle, they were a bigger test than United IMO.

Salazar

C'mooooooooooon. I've not had a great day. Gerronwivit.

Newcastle were a bigger test because they wanted to beat you and they played their best side. Kills me that we didn't even do that.

Arnie

Some new faces in midfield would change that imo. If Fergie doesn't splash the cash on a quality CM i'm gonna scream.

I'd take Hart over De Gea. I'd take City's fullbacks over yours. I'd take Kompany over Ferdinand or Evans. I'd take all of City's central midfielders over United's. The only other two players I'd have from United is Valencia and Rooney.

Oh and I'd have Johnson over Cleverley.

I'd take Hart over De Gea. I'd take City's fullbacks over yours. I'd take Kompany over Ferdinand or Evans. I'd take all of City's central midfielders over United's. The only other two players I'd have from United is Valencia and Rooney.

Oh and I'd have Johnson over Cleverley.
Vidic if he has another quality season in him. But yeah basically.

TeegsD

I fucking hate when Fox Soccer displays the time their stupid pregame show starts and now the time the game starts. I just want to watch my United. Is there a starting 11 yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom