• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT10| Silverware, promotion, survival, relegation and tears

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manager

Yaya rejected the Champagne and said it's because he's a Muslim.

How I want to hate you Yaya, how I want to...I just can't.

Pretty funny. Lescott is such a goof too, the team constantly makes fun of him. He's popular but goofy.

Always trying to look serious for interviews and then he keeps doing weird shit off-camera.

Arnie

Yes, I specifically didn't mention Vidic and handpicked the central defenders. When fit he's the best defender in the league, unless Torres is running at him.

Gouden_logo_Feyenoord_FCx1x.jpg

Champions League, what an achievement! From 10th last season to 2nd this season!

I'm not muslim so you'll have to forgive me here, but why is Champagne forbidden? I've seen muslims drink alcohol plenty.
Generally intoxicants are forbidden.

You can drink alcohol and still be a Muslim, it's just committing what is regarded as a grave sin and really you shouldn't under any circumstances.

LegoArmo

Yes, I specifically didn't mention Vidic and handpicked the central defenders. When fit he's the best defender in the league, unless Torres is running at him.

You think Barry is better than Carrick or Scholes? He's not even better than Fletcher.

It's not that we're sitting back and playing for a draw or anything, but we really have to go for this now. We're going to have to beat Fulham anyway, so bring on Defoe and throw everything we have at them.

this is like a carbon copy of 04/05

- chelsea finally breaking out with a sugar daddy injection
- united need rebuilding bad
- crashing out of europe with a old midfield

only difference is city arent as scary as mourinho's chelsea and we dont have a 18 year old ronaldo :(

I think there is still a difference. Chelsea was sucessful even pre-Abramovic and not too long ago. I still remember the glorious Gianfranco Zola from the time around the milenium.
They also won a few FA Cups, the league and european cups.

City's last sucess dates what? Around 40 years back? They wouldn't stand a chance without that dirty oil money.

Mr. Sam

I'm not muslim so you'll have to forgive me here, but why is Champagne forbidden? I've seen muslims drink alcohol plenty.

As have I, as I only know pretty loose Muslims, but I'm pretty sure the Koran says not to consume alcohol or something along those lines.

Arnie

You think Barry is better than Carrick or Scholes? He's not even better than Fletcher.

Scholes is done, Fletcher's having real trouble with his illness and Carrick's a decent player. Say what you want about Barry, and he gets a lot of shit because he's not as flamboyant as most but he keeps things ticking over and he does his job very well. I don't think picking between Barry and Carrick is as straight forward as you're implying, and I'd have Barry.

Meier

Champions League, what an achievement! From 10th last season to 2nd this season!
That Guidetti loan has worked out well, yeah? Boy, I dunno what we're gonna do with him next year.

My fiancée is still sleeping in the next room so I had to just cheer with fist pumps and the caps lock button on my phone, haha.

Clegg

I'd take Hart over De Gea. I'd take City's fullbacks over yours. I'd take Kompany over Ferdinand or Evans. I'd take all of City's central midfielders over United's. The only other two players I'd have from United is Valencia and Rooney.

Oh and I'd have Johnson over Cleverley.

I'm not disagreeing with you.

SAF knows where our weakness lies and I can see him trying to correct that in the summer.

And even with our inferior squad we're still only 3 points behind City with a match in hand.

Even though we've blown an 8 point lead :(

sohois

I think he's about as good as Carrick. I'd take Silva over Scholes though, for obvious reasons.

Seems like both Manchester teams could really do with some new blood in midfield, I mean are we seriously discussing whether one would prefer Barry or Carrick? It's like a bunch of Hodgsons' in here.

Manager

I'd like to see him in the PL.

Me too. I still not sure if he's good enough. He's a fighter...

He couldn't possibly score more goals as a 19 y/o, I'm just wondering if he got enough quality. He's not exactly scoring Cissé-esque goals, a lot of them seems to be result of Dutch defenses being really shit and giving him a lot of opportunities and space.

He needs to play more next season, in a better league.

IMO I prefer Carrick to Barry all day long, but when Carrick is on song. That is not a given by any means. Barry is better than people give him credit for though.

Carrick is a good player though, he's been great this season, wonderful passing range and breaks up alot of play. Mentally and physically lacking though.

Kyoufu

I'll laugh if Villa or QPR get relegated.

If the former, that'll be Shay Given's second time relegated in what, 3 years?

We aren't scoring 10 goals against Swansea

Time to give up and look for next season. City has played well this season, and out played us completely over both legs.

Bring on the title challenge next season (which might not even exist if Fergie doesn't buy well in Summer)

Realistically, the title race is over. Nothing wrong with going out fighting to the last.

A trophyless season might do some good, though. Obviously, there's our midfield issues to sort out and dead wood to carve out, but I also feel like we've been complacent tactically and mentally this season after a booming start. It's not just City's ascendancy: the fear factor of Old Trafford is gone: United has gone behind eight times at home and won none of those games. We had some good matches, but apart from that early gung-ho period it never seemed like the side gelled together in consistent fashion.

Manager

I think there is still a difference. Chelsea was sucessful even pre-Abramovic and not too long ago. I still remember the glorious Gianfranco Zola from the time around the milenium.
They also won a few FA Cups, the league and european cups.

City's last sucess dates what? Around 40 years back? They wouldn't stand a chance without that dirty oil money.

Do you realise how much money Roman has put into the club? He did a huge overhaul. The original players were better than City's, but they both did huge investments in order to get where they are.

I might be wrong but one or two years in Chelsea had very few original players left in the eleven.

TeegsD

It'd be sad to see Aston Villa relegated. They need a new manager so badly.

Dempsey scored his 50th PL goal today. So who is gonna snatch him up this summer?
If the price is right and we get decent money from sell Berbatov, then I think ManU should.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom