• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT10| Silverware, promotion, survival, relegation and tears

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Man City's team is soooo superior to Manchester United's how come they can only draw level on points with United for the entire season, all whilst United had over half there first choice team out injured for half the season?

Maybe because City was also missing key players? Especially during the ACN, but keep using the "OMG WE HAVE INJURIES" excuse.

Champions League, what an achievement! From 10th last season to 2nd this season!
You a Feyenoord fan? Nice! Was so goddamn nervous, Heerenveen should have won the match already in the first half. Luckily they got tired in the second half and just gave up after the the 1-3.

Mancs defeated Newcastle and Spurs are drawing. Everything is going way better than expected.

Manager

Yeeeeaaaaahhhh..........

City:
Joe Hart £600,000
Gael Clichy £7,000,000
Joleon Lescott £22,000,000
Vincent Kompany £6,000,000
Pablo Zabaleta £6,500,000
Gareth Barry £12,000,000
Yaya Toure £24,000,000
David Silva £26,000,000
Samir Nasri £24,000,000
Sergio Aguero £38,000,000
Carlos Tevez free

Costel Pantilimon free
Kolo Toure £16,000,000
James Milner £26,000,000
Nigel de Jong £18,000,000
Adam Johnson £7,000,000
Mario Balotelli £24,000,000
Edin Dzeko £27,000,000

Total - £284,100,000

United:
David de Gea £18,900,000
Patrice Evra £5,500,000
Nemanja Vidic £7,000,000
Rio Ferdinand £30,000,000
Rafael Da Silva £6,000,000
Michael Carrick £18,600,000
Paul Scholes free
Luis Antonio Valencia £16,000,000
Nani Sporting £24,000,000
Wayne Rooney £25,000,000
Danny Welbeck free

Anders Lindegaard £3,500,000
Chris Smalling £10,000,000
Phil Jones £16,500,000
Ashley Young £17,000,000
Tom Cleverley free
Javier Hernandez £8,000,000
Ryan Giggs free

Total £206,000,000

So you fittingly remove Micah Richards (free) from City and add Kolo Toure (who hasn't been on the bench for a long time), and avoid Anderson and Berbatov in United who cost a fortune.

Some City fees are too high. Yaya cost £20m, confirmed by Barcelona. James Milner didn't cost £26m.

Brinbe

C'mon doicare, who gives a shit? It's not like we haven't spent either. And that difference of degree doesn't matter to 99.9% of other clubs (and their supporters). Even with complaints about ownership, we've wasted money on the likes of Bebe and haven't sold players when we should have (Berbatov last summer)...

And this idea that there's no value or that there's no-one that can ably do the job is utter bullshit too. Newcastle, Spurs, Everton and other teams have done great jobs of securing talent without paying out the ass.

Anyway, there's been clear deficiencies (midfieldmidfieldmidfield) in this squad for so long now, and if they're not addressed this summer, it'll be a travesty.

vall03

Villa held off Spurs! yes!

but still, after being shitty for the past few games, Arsenal is still at 3rd? damn, we NEED to win against WBA next week!

Salazar

Dippy commentator.

"it is as attacking a lineup as Ferguson could muster"

No it's fucking not. Look at it again you goofy prat.

GorillaJu

If Man City's team is soooo superior to Manchester United's how come they can only draw level on points with United for the entire season, all whilst United had over half there first choice team out injured for half the season?

Because they beat you by 5 goals at your home stadium. And they play nicer looking football, and Mancini is a suave, silver-mained Italian in a classy overcoat.

Lunchbox

Banned
I noticed that too. If only we had another great midfielder to sell to United. Well I think we do, but I need to see if he can make a bigger impact next season.

now that carlos queiroz is gone, we are done buying quality players from you

we only buy ashley youngs now. gotta keep up with liverpool in securing british talent

Keio

For a Finer World
West Brom could beat Arsenal at home for Roy. Tottenham home against Fulham? Anything can happen.

Don't give up hope, Newcastle for Champions League!

doicare

Maybe because City was also missing key players? Especially during the ACN, but keep using the "OMG WE HAVE INJURIES" excuse.
Except the problem is those players were only missing for a couple of games where as Man United's players were out for significantly longer, so nope you're wrong.

Kyoufu

Man United

BooThisMan.gif

Ashes

Banned
Alright Utd. The title is realistically gone, but if they're gonna be crowned, at least, let's go out in a blaze of glory.

Lightning

Banned
Villa held off Spurs! yes!

but still, after being shitty for the past few games, Arsenal is still at 3rd? damn, we NEED to win against WBA next week!
Yeah, we're in the shit next week against west brom but at least we have a chance and our fate is in our hands. Can't ask for more than that.

I can't express how relieved I am right now, We deserved to lose third after our last few games.
Oh yeah, I breathe a sign of relief right now as I had no confidence in Villa. One more game to hang on.

flyover

Fulham are more than capable of pulling off a victory against Spurs. If we can beat Everton, we can still get 4th. Heck, we can still get 3rd if West Brom beat Arsenal.

Fulham aren't nearly so good away from home -- especially scoring -- but now that BAE and Rose are both out and Walker has a broken toe (but is playing), Spurs are more vulnerable.

GorillaJu

Heading up to the loft to watch the game on my iPhone and fall asleep when it gets too boring, but know that I'll be lolling in spirit if United drop points.

Kyoufu

Arsenal are so lucky that we had some UNICEF fixtures.

3 games in 8 days against the likes of Chelsea and City. We have Everton away next.

Arsene you got lucky.

You a Feyenoord fan? Nice! Was so goddamn nervous, Heerenveen should have won the match already in the first half. Luckily they got tired in the second half and just gave up after the the 1-3.

Mancs defeated Newcastle and Spurs are drawing. Everything is going way better than expected.

Yup, Feyenoord fan. Yeah it was a ... weird match. But the circumstances were weird too.

Joining the financial debate of the PL, Feyenoord beeing qualified for CL play-offs is even more amazing couse they were near bankrupt!

images

Believe!

Arsenal are so lucky that we had some UNICEF fixtures.

3 games in 8 days against the likes of Chelsea and City. We have Everton away next.

Arsene you got lucky.

It's far from over yet. Both Fulham and West Brom are more than capable of pulling off results against Spurs and Arsenal!

BELIEVE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom