• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT10| Silverware, promotion, survival, relegation and tears

Status
Not open for further replies.
but he can't pick anything up /obviousjoke

Honestly, he's been great half the season. Can't remember many mistakes that have actually cost us points.

Chelsea game seemed to be the turning point for him, made some big saves and has looked really solid every since.

14th victory in a row, champion. Great season, its over now.

Congrats. Good thing Feyenoord didn't get it.
I hope you can somehow hold on to Eriksen & Vertonghen :/

Do you realise how much money Roman has put into the club? He did a huge overhaul. The original players were better than City's, but they both did huge investments in order to get where they are.

I might be wrong but one or two years in Chelsea had very few original players left in the eleven.
While you have none? Do you have a John Terry? Who, granted, is a cunt, but he's their own cunt.
And even so, they still were successful without him while you weren't (if you look at the past 40 years..)
While Chelsea went from 30 to 60 mph you went from 0 to 60 thank to these oily moneyhats shoved up your ass.
Some of your fans here even come off as some sort of viral marketeers with all the posts of the training bloopers from City's official yt channel & news from the official city hp..

And then you sign players regardless of their character or deeper consideration about how they might fit together ("lets buy a bunch of CFs!") and of course they come because you pay out of this world wages and they stack upon each other and hate it and cause trouble and want to gtfo..
And that is why, to me, Chelsea will always be less "plasticky" than City. And I will always wish for your club to implode.

/edit
lol, 9 goals to go.

Kyoufu

Keep telling yourself that. I am actually looking forward to your damage control more than an Everton to be frank.

Today was a meh game, nothing too exciting. Even BBC live coverage only covered them for two occasions.

Meh...

Damage control? You're Everton. We're not afraid of you :lol

We'll be going into that game with European football guaranteed.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Dontchya wish your left back was a twat like Rose,

Dontchya?

Dontchya?

Honestly we played better without him. Villa defended brilliantly, I doubt we could have done any more with the way Dunne was attacking the ball.

I hope on the last day Harry plays the same 3-5-2 system we played at Stoke.

Shit man just realised this could be the last time Scholes plays at OT. In fact it probably is.

Already seen that once but anyhow, so sad. Gonna savour it now.

Sanjay

Right then teams updated with Tevez fee and a few others

City:
Joe Hart £600,000
Gael Clichy £7,000,000
Joleon Lescott £22,000,000
Vincent Kompany £6,000,000
Pablo Zabaleta £6,500,000
Gareth Barry £12,000,000
Yaya Toure £24,000,000
David Silva £26,000,000
Samir Nasri £24,000,000
Sergio Aguero £38,000,000
Carlos Tevez £40,000,000

Costel Pantilimon free
Kolo Toure £16,000,000
James Milner £26,000,000
Nigel de Jong £18,000,000
Adam Johnson £7,000,000
Mario Balotelli £24,000,000
Edin Dzeko £27,000,000

Total - £324,100,000

United:
David de Gea £18,900,000
Patrice Evra £5,500,000
Nemanja Vidic £7,000,000
Rio Ferdinand £30,000,000
Rafael Da Silva £6,000,000
Michael Carrick £18,600,000
Paul Scholes free
Luis Antonio Valencia £16,000,000
Nani Sporting £24,000,000
Wayne Rooney £25,000,000
Danny Welbeck free

Anders Lindegaard £3,500,000
Chris Smalling £10,000,000
Phil Jones £16,500,000
Ashley Young £17,000,000
Tom Cleverley free
Javier Hernandez £8,000,000
Ryan Giggs free

Total £206,000,000

Milner = £26 million
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/aug/17/manchester-city-james-milner-stephen-ireland

Toure = £24 million
http://www.footballticketsonline.co...ighest-paid-premier-league-player-in-history/

All this price squad is nonsense but did Nani really cost 24million?

What people fail to get is that City can do what other clubs can't in the sense that they can buy and if it does not work out they don't have to deal with it like other clubs have to with purchases like Veron, Berba, Torres & Carroll etc. City can buy and offload if things don't work out.

This is a list of forwards they have drafted in since oil money.

Forwards:-
Emmanuel Adebayor £25million
Roque Santa Cruz £17.5 million
Robinho £32,500,000
Carlos Tévez £47 million
Mario Balotelli £24,000,000
Edin Dzeko £27,000,000
Sergio Aguero £38,000,000

Total: 211 millionish.

What works they keep, what does not they offload while most clubs would have to keep the players. Like if Carroll was at Man City he would have been sold by now already instead of playing him trying to get that investment back and believing in the player.

It's not that clubs like Man Utd & Liverpool can't compete in the market but they have to deal with the fallout if things don't work out and that's where City have the one up on their rivals.

But overall City deserve the league all things considering.

Feels good man, feels fucking great actually. What an incredible season we've had and the dream still isn't over!

I love my club.

Inversive

While you have none? Do you have a John Terry? Who, granted, is a cunt, but he's their own cunt.
And even so, they still were successful without him while you weren't (if you look at the past 40 years..)
While Chelsea went from 30 to 60 mph you went from 0 to 60 thank to these oily moneyhats shoved up your ass.
Some of your fans here even come off as some sort of viral marketeers with all the posts of the training bloopers from City's official yt channel & news from the official city hp..

And then you sign players regardless of their character or deeper consideration about how they might fit together ("lets buy a bunch of CFs!") and of course they come because you pay out of this world wages and they stack upon each other and hate it and cause trouble and want to gtfo..
And that is why, to me, Chelsea will always be less "plasticky" than City. And I will always wish for your club to implode.

/edit
lol, 9 goals to go.

top post

/edit
lol, 9 goals to go.
TELL IT!

TeegsD

/edit
lol, 9 goals to go.

<3

Shit man just realised this could be the last time Scholes plays at OT. In fact it probably is.

Already seen that once but anyhow, so sad. Gonna savour it now.

I don't think he'd come out of retirement only to call it a day 5 months later. I believe him when he said he'd made a mistake to retire.

lol Young

We knew how to use Scholes properly two or three seasons ago. Play him in a three next to a box-to-box or hard-running midfielder like Fletcher or Hargreaves. Him and Carrick alone, two deep-lying passers, against top or hard-pressing sides just doesn't work. Hope we use him correctly next season alongside the right signings; still has life in him.

Wilbur

Banned
I genuinely wouldn't give a crap if Young got sold this summer.

Would anyone? Fuck him, he's a disgrace. All the FIFA finesse shots in the world won't change my opinion. Ship him out back to Watford.

/edit
lol, 9 goals to go.

You're my idol <3

Cisse with the last minute goal! QPR live to fight another day. Thought we were done. What a pleasant suprise.

PLEASE STAY AROUND LUCKY CHARM

/edit
lol, 9 goals to go.

ASSASSIN

kharma45

No half a team doesn't get injured for most of the season, that's not normal.

Bar Vidic we should have the strength and depth in our squad to replace those out injured, and those that come in should easily have the quality to beat some of the teams we lost to, like Blackburn.

faridmon

What's wrong with Lescott?

Should be... And Nasri. Fuck Nasri!

Oh, if you thought The way Nasri left Arsenal was bad, you, sir, haven't seen nothing. Lescott was the mother of all... the thing that Nasri said and one plus 1.

Damn Son!

Good. The shock will be the greater enjoyment.

Also, Europe. Been there, done that!

kharma45

Stop replying to doicare.

I don't know why I do it :(

ibos03PB9OX2kd.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom