• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT10| Silverware, promotion, survival, relegation and tears

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
y u hatin?

Mayweather is so freakin' good on the mic. His fights are very rarely exciting but the stuff he comes out with is hilarious. Got his UK contingent of fans singing "Only one Floyd Mayweather" to the tune of "One Ricky Hatton" this week. I'll never forget when he came to "Mayweather Manchester" in a United top LOL

But he's money. Money leads to City. City leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.

Also bud Smalling for 10m was a deal. He'll be great.

Mayweather's fights are plenty exciting if you actually appreciate the science. I wish he would go for more KOs but watching him box is like watching Van Gogh paint. It's art.

Plus he's a hype mastermind. I love watching fights with Mayweather haters. There's something funny about buying a PPV because you hope to see the guy you hate lose. As long as you pay, Mayweather wins anyway!
Haha agreed.

I was watching it with some serious haters yday and they thought Cotto was winning the fight because he has Mayweather on the ropes so much!

The right hooks Floyd was throwing were just beautiful.

I don't know what they've said now but all season they've claimed the only reason he is disliked is because of the Birmingham connection. After all, he won the League Cup last year!

That always made me laugh. Had he come in and tried to win games, we wouldn't have cared. I held out in forming an opinion until February. He played scared football and it showed. He has spit on the clubs image that we hold very dearly.

faridmon

Whoa... What a complete asshole. I hate shit like that. That's much worse than Nasri. Nasri still played for us and done his best despite doing his utmost to force a move off the pitch.

Fuck Lescott. I didn't know this but he just lost every ounce of respect I had for him.

Damn, I always felt bad for Lescott because of his face, had no idea his personalty was just as ugly.

Also didn't know that both Nasri and Lescott left their respective clubs at the very end of August. At least Everton fans knew Lescott wanted to leave and that he was a cunt, Nasri was just playing everyone by acting like he wanted to stay. IMO Nasri is a pussy and an ass, while Lescott is just an ass.

Nasri did act like a prick as well, but at least he put the shift on when he was playing for Arsenal and scored some nice goals for them. He did acted like he cared about the club and all and that was knobish, but at least there was some positivity to be drawn from that in the sense that it sort of brought a much needed stability for the team to win the next set of games.

Lescott destroyed that sort of team mentality within the club and we have really suffered from that. As you may know, our biggest factor in us being a strong team is not how expensive the team is or how rated they are by the media, but on our teamwork and work ethic. When we don't have that, we are just shite. Lescott is truly the most disgusting human being that played for us in the recent years.

Lightning

Banned
That always made me laugh. Had he come in and tried to win games, we wouldn't have cared. I held out in forming an opinion until February. He played scared football and it showed. He has spit on the clubs image that we hold very dearly.
Surely he can't be around for much longer though? I love villa for the result against spurs but their form had been shit and surely their position this year will cause Lerner to make changes?

Brinbe

Just need to relax and compose themselves... all that energy is wasted with no focus.

Good chance there. Jeez, De Gea did well.

faridmon

I think Villa are mathematically safe now. They have superiour goal difference and there is only one game left. Blackburn are relegated becasue of goal difference. Sorry Jeff, but at least you will keep Sheffield Gaf and
West Ham
Gaf company.

flyover

I think Villa are mathematically safe now. They have superiour goal difference and there is only one game left.

Yeah, they're safe. Blackburn and Wolves can't catch them, and their goal difference over Bolton is 17, should Bolton win and Villa lose next week.

Too bad. McLeish deserves to drop again, though I'd feel bad for their fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom